Green Aura????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Omega, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dominic Omega New Player

ok i know that this has been on here many times before but i have to ask....are they ever planing on making the green aura public to the players?
    • Like x 1
  2. Agent Flores Committed Player

No copy right issue I believe. I can't find the link but its a green lantern trademark.
  3. Itazuki New Player

What about different shades of green? Really wanted one for my Nature.
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

My first instinct would be to say talk to DC about it. If something's not in the game and it might be stepping on the toes of the iconic characters if it was in the game, chances seem pretty good that DC said "no" to the idea.

It may be out of SOE's control. Unfortunately, since we don't see or hear anything much from DC folks in the forums, we can't really ask them about it.
  5. Laff Riot New Player

I think this has been beaten to death many of times already. It wont happen because DC wont allow it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've been hearing this green aura copyright thing for awhile, can someone post a link to a statement regarding that. I'm not saying it's true or not true, but it's definitely not passing the smell test.
    • Like x 1
  7. Nodens Dedicated Player

There's also a similar issue with yellow auras. That's why the Devs pretend there isn't one in the game, and that the one we have is "gold". :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Statman New Player

I'm also curious if this was just made up out of assumption, simply because it was actually stated about the GL logo somewhere.
  9. Nodens Dedicated Player

Nah, the Devs actually addressed the aura issue in one of thier webcasts (don't remember which one, tho. Best I can guess about the time period was that they responded to a question on it sometime in the past half-year).
  10. Faust74 Loyal Player

Never! DC sees how Heroes behave in DCUO and decided y'all are unfit to call yourselves real Green Lanterns. You are not worthy for Green Auras.
    • Like x 3
  11. Captain Just New Player

What about the "Lantern Reservists" flying around in the Watchtower with green auras and also with Green Lantern emblems? Those fools get auras AND emblems.
    • Like x 1
  12. Statman New Player

Fair enough, guess I missed that one. It sucks when these like these aren't quotable from the forums!
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I wonder. Can the devs circumnavigate this issue by using Alan Scott's emblem? We have recieved Iconic gear with the S , Bat insignia, Flash lightning bolt, Hawk man/girl symbol, Z for zod, and Black Adam/Shazam lightning bolt. Alan Scott's Symbol is his own. He actually has a real lantern as his symbol. He is not a member of the corps(well he WAS an Honorary member). Like the Heroes listen above. We should be able to receive a an Iconic suit based off of him and not the corps with that symbol.

My Hardlight guy's story is the exobytes copied the star heart. We could even have a new Lantern corps run by Alan Scott composed of the exobyte heroes.
    • Like x 1
  14. Laff Riot New Player

But I bet DC gave them permission to use those emblems on the shirts, hoodies and the few armor pieces that they were allowed to. I dont think SOE can just throw the emblems on just anything and DC be fine with it.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

That's where Alan scott comes into play. It seems like DC doesn't want a billion GLC member running around as it would "break lore". They seemed to not have a problem with People running around with Batman and Superman's symbols all over their chests. I don't think we will ever get an emblem by it self but if SoE is clever maybe they could use Alan Scott as bargaining chip. Get an iconic suit(preferably based off of his Kingdom Come Armor). People will have a lantern emblem and DC execs won't have to throw a fit over lore breaking. Or maybe they tried this and got shot down too. DC is too draconian these days.
  16. Laff Riot New Player

Again, SOE would need DC's permission. SOE can NOT juts throw any DC comic emblem on anything that they want. If DC says it is cool to do so then SOE will if SOE wants to do so.
  17. Sir Volt New Player

if you know its been here many times .....then you know why its not ...no matter how many times you ask its gonna be NO

sorry
    • Like x 2
  18. Laff Riot New Player

Sadly thought, people will ask weekly if not daily about this.
    • Like x 2
  19. Twilight Man New Player

It's interesting what you can copyright these days.
    Like a green aura, the symbolic image of a lantern or the word "spawn"
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I understand that. You seem not to understand that I'm suggesting SoE go to DC with a proposal like this. I was just wondering if SoE has explored all avenues with it. DC gives the okay on these things and obviously they didn't in regards to the corps and green auras. Again, I'm just suggesting a possible workaround SoE could try to do by running the idea by DC first. It would be asinine to think that Soe could do whatever they wanted without getting the seal of approval from DC first.
    • Like x 1