I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except you can still get stronger. Has already been proven to be a fact regardless of what you try to claim.

And again. You choose to slow down to help newcomers. However can you say every single person would do the same? You expecting people to have to learn to be willing to do so every time a new play joins. Won’t happen.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

You're right, the "GET RID OF THE CLAMP" thread is a thread about the clamp.... but,...

You gotta see where the emphasis lays on that one... right?

Here's where I'd love to bring up books that are blatantly anti-whatever the topic is.. (but, I fear that the topics would be too "controversial" and I'd get a reprimand - some of them would have been funny),,, and how an opposing view would probably be the one seen as being out of place and not really neccesary...

And, btw, no one is saying that you're not allowed to comment.... just that:
    ONE SHOULDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW LONG THE ARGUEMENT IS LASTING... ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE IS ON THE OPPOSING VIEW OF THE AUTHOR'S SENTIMENT.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

No I can't..

Because:I DON'T WANT TO FORCE HOW I THINK THE GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED ON ANYONE ELSE.

You have to shove line somewhere dark and smelly....

No one really buys it except for the gullible.

:confused: - "Less than 1 percent, ya say?... Garsh!! Sounds like a deal tuh muh!!"

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

No. It's called "power creep" and is an issue in MMOs, which needs to be addressed. Hence the clamp.

You should use caps more. Makes you look totally... hinged. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

I don't care about how you think it makes me look...

wait...

I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW YOU THINK IT MAKES ME LOOK.

Better?

Seriously, tho.. It really is just a personal writing preference.
    If I feel like I'm making a point that I've already made several times to the same person, I'll put it in all caps.. because GOD KNOWS THEY DIDN'T GET IT THE FIRST 3 TIMES. (See how that's emphasized?)

Thanks for the critique, tho.

It was reeeeeeaaaallly helpful.

Wanna know why I sometimes spell out a word really long?
    • Like x 2
  6. Grim931 Committed Player

If a Dev comes out and blatantly states that an option is out of the question, another compromise I want to introduce would be to combine the stats from every separate aspect of our gear and put them into one bucket to pull from in regular EEG.

Everything that pierces seems to be separated, if this is incorrect then please disregard. If not, then I think that they should be combined to where you could meet the ceiling of stats allowed into its specific tier with one or any combination of equipment, Augments, skill points, etc.

Gear, SP, augs, arts, and every other buff should be pooled together in EEG regular content. That way anyone can experience getting "stronger" without needing to rely on maxing every single aspect of this game, a deficit of one would not hinder anyone if that would be the case.

I think anyone should be able to hit that ceiling with gear alone. That should be a benefit everyone can achieve equally. Casual players can still feel strong and there wouldn't be any gatekeeping this way. EEG Elite and End Game could still rely on all the extra bonus add-ons to get the full benefit of each separate category as is. Skill Points, and all the extra bonuses, will still matter for those being clamped up as well. So there will still be benefits to chasing those as people gear up.

I don't like the clamp personally, but I do see it's benefits and I don't want that lost in the arguments. I still think an option isn't out of line though, despite what others say. People should be able to play how they want, if that means destroying 10 year old content then so be it. I still think it should be part of AQS, where you can essentially walk in and experience content with either a preformed group or solo, eliminating the argument that it ruins it for low level new players. Yes, feats should be attached to this. It isn't fair, no matter how you look at it, that 10 years worth of having this huge advantage is suddenly taken away from newer players. This should still be an acceptable way to achieve/earn them, as they're still putting in work and chasing them just like almost everyone else has.

It might detract players from EEG clamped, but we've already pointed out that many either severely cut back or quit altogether. So that probably doesn't matter as much as some make it seem to at this point.
    • Like x 6
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. I commend you on being able to show restraint like that. However, from my own experiences you were probably the exception to the rule when it came to high CR/endgame players playing in content they had outgrown. Had more players actually shown restraint like yours, who knows?

But there comes a point where eventually the people who are in charge of a particular playground have to step in and make sure everyone is playing nice with one another, and that can mean the big kids holding back when playing with the littler kids. The only times I've seen situations where someone older/stronger goes whole hog while playing with younger/weaker players is in comedies, and even though it's done as part of a joke it usually doesn't paint the older/stronger player in a positive light.

2. Animal Crossing. What can I say, I like to maintain my villages (and now island) for a LONG time. :D

There's content I don't go back to even though the clamp allows me to run it and get the full rewards now because I camped out there for quite a while to earn Marks back in the day. And I'm pretty sure there's going to be content I run now that will fall out of my usual rotation once more stuff opens up for me. But my lack of desire to run it doesn't change the fact that it provides the same kinds of rewards. It's just as relevant as anything else I can and want to run.
    • Like x 2
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

I agree.

But, I will point out that there is a difference between keeping the bigger kids (especially the ones who act like bullies) from the smaller kids.... and chopping off the legs of the bigger kids to turn them into smaller kids.
    • Like x 2
  9. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. MrGhosty Active Player

I'm new to the game, but I've really enjoyed the stat clamp. When I say that, i just mean that I enjoy having a whole dearth of content available to me and while i've not ran a lot of the 4man and 8man content, I can still feel my power in the clamped levels.

That said, I would love to have an option to enter these missions in a non stat clamped version even if that entailed also getting the overleveled "no gear" ruleset. While we're at it, being able to walk into any of the old raids with the non stat clamp version available would also be awesome. My thinking there is when I want to experience the content and get marks and loot, i'm fine running with the stat clamp. However there are many feats and collections/briefings that require access to the raids and 4 man content, I'm told to even be marginally competitive I need a ton of skill points and while I am certainly grinding out what I can, having the ability to go in overleveled to solo or duo a raid and knock out more achievements would be very beneficial to me. I don't expect this to happen of course, but it would be a nice thing to have access to as a new player trying to clear older content to play at a useful level in the newer content.
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Oh I know I know! Pick me! Clamp the entire game's content altogether to band-aid it instead of stitching!
    • Like x 2
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The clamp reduces your stats to a mere +15 CR above entry level.

And that's all. Any Artifacts, Allies, or Pets you have with you all function the same way; so that level 200 Solar Amp still cranks out top-notch single target burn and give you Empowered Channeling, that 200 Clarion still heals you every time you attack and craps out a Shield every 30 seconds, the Batman Who Titters Suspiciously still drops a card every 30 seconds, and your Tier 3 Pet-O-Matic still has heightened health, output, and control immunity.

And you're still +15 CR above the content's actual, intended level.

The only advantage that you don't carry into a clamped content situation is absolutely overwhelming numerical stats.

To be blunt - if you can't figure it out with the above in place, that sounds less like you being grievously underpowered and more like you telling on yourself.

Now I don't know what your characters look like in-game, but actual demonstrations provided repeatedly by a variety of people using a range of builds starting at non-Meta, ranging into admittedly questionable, and even (in some situations) intentionally substandard, all show that the content isn't impossible (or even difficult in a lot of instances) - but you're comparing the clamp to having your legs cut off.

Hyperbolic? Definitely.

Inaccurate? Demonstrably.

Maybe work up a list of actual grievances instead of an absolutely overblown blanket statement, so the things that are potentially out of sync with the actuality of your character's abilities can be addressed. Because this comparison?

Says either you're exaggerating, or you're terrible, and I'm trying not to assume the latter.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except that I brought up the page count because you brought it up. Regardless of who it is emphasizing doesn’t play a single role win to who can reply. And the reason I say this is because you specifically said that if pro clampers didn’t respond it would be 2 pages.

Except that you ARE saying how people should play. You want to be allowed to steamroll content out of some sort of entitlement. And because you want that you think it would be fine with all the bugs because YOU can slow your burn to not cause bugs. This is essentially saying that other people have to either not run because of bugs or should also slow their burn because you want to steamroll content

And yes 1% is progress. You and other anti clampers keep saying “just 1%”. No it’s not “JUST” 1%. It was 1% with 15-20 sp. We can currently have 340 in ask how stat. That’s a lot more than “just 1%”. But you won’t admit that will you?
    • Like x 2
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

I guess I should said "surgically altering the bigger kids so their only 15% bigger than the smaller kids"....???

I love how most of the things that you list as progress-able are things that generally cost money to strengthen.

:confused: - "Why don't you list the reasons why you don't like the stats that you've earned with advancing gear that you inherently get for free as part of gameplay getting cut.... because they shouldn't matter as long you build up the things that you'll pretty much have to pay real cash for."
    • Like x 2
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The highlighted green is very much true and is my point of contention no matter how many times Deity Supreme rails against me for still having progressions up to ~1% per next DLC increase. Perhaps he would be happy with a major pay cut and allowed up to ~1% bonus per year, but not me.

I am an End Game player, I have excelled at this game and reached a high status. I have shown the males in this game that I am just as capable as they are if not more so. I strive to be the best and win at everything I do. I deserve better than a mere +15CR. Call me arrogant, call me elitist, call me Marie Antoinette, I don’t care. This is what an insult is to me, being reduced to just +15CR.

I recognize that new & returning players are the focus of Omni / Stat Clamped content. I recognize that everybody should enjoy experiencing the game. I also recognize that their enjoyment comes at the cost of End Game player’s progress, my progress.
    • Like x 5
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

Playing with the stats that I earned isn't a "sense of entitlement". It's what I earned.

Even if you think that is real progress...

IT'S NOT THE PROGRESS THAT WE ACTUALLY EARNED.

Sorry, was the all caps too much?

• Like x 3
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And one can also buy gear for money or a cr skip. Just like one can level arts and everything else without spending. Augments? Extremely easy to level now that all content drops scaling gear for exobytes. Arts and allies? One could get those maxed without spending either.

The clamp doesn’t affect where you can spend money on.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry, this will sound rude. If you’re as capable as you claim than the clamp wouldn’t be an issue. 15cr is a large jump. Test your damage at 378 and then 384 (new max). With just 6crs higher my AoE damage went from 200k dps (30sec parsers) to 230k. My St went from 100k to 115k. All from just 6 cr. There is a reason why death metal will be easier next dlc. It’s because 15cr is a sizable different.

On top of that you then also have the enemies becoming clamped down (just like you). And then you have the extra stats from the pierce pushing the difference even further. You are entitled to be upset. But that does not change actual facts. 15cr is a lot. Progression is real. Still fixating on 1% and refuse to acknowledge that it’s 1% every 15-20 sp. How many 1% buffs are you getting with being able to put 340 sp in a single stat? I’ll give you a hint. It’s not just 1%
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again, you must not be good at math either. 1% every 15-20 so is not 1% total lol
    • Like x 1