Enough is enough: What's being done about speed hackers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 10, 2022.

1. RTX Well-Known Player

That would possibly require a whole rework of how the hit-counter works (Should be modified within the memory -active game process) The idea is simple and great, however having it sync with the server might cause overload. I would have to check, but im pretty sure its client-side rn.

I also believe that it wouldnt harm, if they rework weapons, since they´re pretty unbalanced and only Brawling/Dual Wield effectivly usable.
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Create a dunce cap lobby like GTA. You hack, you go into a lobby with other cheaters griefers etc and you can play with them but rewards are limited to basically none. No phase, no warping to your friends. Just you log in and you are immediately in a bad sport lobby.
    • Like x 5
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Solid idea :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't forget that after you've reported a few, bothering to make the videos, open a ticket and use the in game report....just to wave at that guy in the WT/HOL the next week as he ISN'T banned....it doesn't really offer much encouragement to continue.

Yes...stopping speed hackers should not be 100% dependent on US doing all the work. Some....sure. But there should be a reasonable expectation that the system can either stop them (anti-cheat) or flag suspicious behavior when it happens and have a few bodies who can act on it after the fact.
    • Like x 5
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've said this myself a few dozen times. If you get a chain of a few 100 hits in a long difficult fight, it's a nice accomplishment....if you do it in 30 seconds? Yeah, that's a hacker.

Seems like an 'avg run' timer could work too. If 50 groups finish a round and most take 10-15 min, the group that finishes in 1...probably a hacker in there. Obviously they were able to see the 'outliers' where FOS3/DD spam was concerned....should be able to see them in SM too.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Completion time shouldn’t be used because over time things could become easier: and the average player isn’t that good compared to good players who would potentially set off alarms. It should track frames moved. Even minecraft has something similar lol. Not sure if it’s part of the game or something players made for their private servers. But they can track if you are moving faster than you should.

At the very least someone getting on to keep track of chats to monitor lfg to find these players literally advertising hacking lol
  8. Ryll Committed Player

I have always wanted to see everything reflect the damage if they lose a certain % of health in X amount of time. Make both factors practically impossible to reach without speed hacking.
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Things do not become easier over time anymore, ever. Never again. That paradigm is over.

If they have time to write a program system to track players speed in completing an instance, them they are neglecting being able to work on bug fixes or new/improved DLCs. It seems to me they (Daybreak / Dimensional Ink programmers) could get their hands on the software these hackers are using, reverse engineer it, and write code to stop it from working if it’s a program. Or hire one of these hackers to show them where the exploits are and them they can fix them.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Numerically speak. They do. It’s not a matter of opinion but a matter of facts. Stats piercing means your stats increase regardless of the clamp. The more sp you have the more stats you have. The higher augments you have the more stats you have. The higher arts you have the more stats you have.

This fiction that the clamp stops all progression is not true at all. I just took off my sp prove this and put 100sp into prec and 100sp into might and took off my augments. This was in the spark of parallax duo

My prec was at 4682
    My might was at 7524

I maxed out my prec and it went to 5377
    I put 300 into might and it went to 7921

I then put on my augments and my prec went to 5740.

Stats increase the higher they are. When a new dlc comes out your stat limit increases and your max augment cap increases too. These are statical changes that mean that you get stronger even in stats clamp. So yes they do get easier over time
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You would have to wait like 15 episodes to notice that huge of difference lol. Survival Mode you will know right away because you can't just "wait", this version is only available for the here and now.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's an average. As the average gets a bit lower, you'd still have the ones that are GLARINGLY obvious involving speed hackers.

Well unless the average group is carrying a speed hacker...in that case, I guess we who don't want them....are the minority.

And yeah, just a few daily spot checks of HOL or LFG chats and nuking anyone who is shouting for 'SM Carries' or whatever. At a minimum, it would curtail broadcasting you are doing it, which would curb the use of them a bit. The people 'in the know' would always know who to find, but that should make it easier to spot those groups as the same people would be in them more often. "Oh shoot....we randomly landed with a speed hack again? Ermahgerd....I'm sooooo surprised"
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What will your stats be in a month or 2....in survival mode runs?

Oh yeah...0....there will be no survival mode runs as it will be gone.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While that's a cute idea....if they catch them, why not ban them? Griefing I suppose it would apply under the theory that kind of stuff could be a learning experience and there is a curve to grade the severity. However, anyone who goes to the trouble of cheating is already aware it might get them banned. No dunce cap...no learning...just go.
    • Like x 5
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That was directly aimed at Tiffany who keeps insisting that progress doesn’t exist anymore.

That’s for SM. The threads about speed hacking in general (at least I thought so). I don’t care about speed hackers because of SM. I care about speed hackers cause they shouldn’t be allowed in the game regardless. That’s why I’d prefer a more thorough/accurate way to catch speed hackers like a system that is in MC of all places.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup I agree. Some of them already advertise they hack regardless. This would just give them a way to prove they can do it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh I know that. My point was you are talking about stats changing making it easier so the 'averages' will move. Right now we are mid DLC and most everyone has top or near top gear who will be completing the rounds. Granted some people might throw some money into a few artis or gain a few more SP or CR, but as we won't be getting any new gear until Oct with the next DLC, well after SM should be gone, the times won't change THAT much. I'd guess the average finishers on the last day will look almost exactly the same as they do today (375+, 600+, 3 200s....well 3 200s at any given time). I suppose there is some wacky group of a bunch of 350s with low SP and artis that will endeavor and maybe even BEAT a round or 2, but yeah...that's the 'bad' end of the average...not the average.

And really....the word 'speed' is right in the name 'speed-hacker'....I'd think the 'speed' at which the runs are done MIGHT be a good indicator.;)
    • Like x 2
  18. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I am going to be really honest. The systems in this game have become so convoluted and confusing, I imagine that instead of coming up with solutions to make quality of life improvements to the game, they'd sooner keep nerfing source marks for everyone, continuing to allow the rampant abuse of their TOS.
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I remember someone saying that speed hackers can lower the amount they boost their actions by to the point that they still do more damage but won’t immediately be apparent unless someone looking out directly for that. Another reason why the average out just wouldn’t work and why frames are a better option. If let’s say a weapon does an animation and it takes 5 frames to do said action and a speed hacker is doing it in even 4 frames than the system should catch it. This is because the weapon is programmed to do that attack in x frames. Yes a player can clip dak weapon but it wouldn’t change the actual frames. Especially since prec dps would be using weapons that are 2 parters. Tap range hold range. Even if the hold is clipped the tap isn’t so that still gives the frames needed to catch speed hackers even if the hold can’t be tracked due to clipping
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Source marks have nothing to do with speed hacking. Players do speed hack because they want more marks. They do it cause they want to and can do it.