Booster Bundle Remix- OG items coming back - Fun times

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, May 31, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm honestly guessing that you'll have a SHOT at an OG box, which would have one of the top tier items...could be the drone...could be the Smoke Aura. The common item in that slot would be the variant items from the older BBs, like red plas or orange smoke. The other slots would be as you say, color variants of the nebula or cosmic aura, maybe a new 'color' comic mat variant?

Hey...maybe they will have other 'cant get them' items like that 80th Superman emblem, the Elvis suit, year 1 cape or 'back from the hack' hoodie. Maybe I'll finally get my Tom-Bot I got screwed out of. Oh...no wait....those items were 'exclusive' or 'limited time' rewards. We'll see.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

I think it's variants.

Remixed / it's exactly what it sounds like.

Well, that's what a remix is... a new take on an old classic. What'd be funny as hell to see is if the old auras were made reactive. Reactive Black Smoke. Now that would be both a remixed reward and a sodium packed reward, lol.
    • Like x 4
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The only thing better than having all the old rewards come back would be to have all the old rewards come back and instead of being in a Booster Bundle, they put them on the Marketplace.:)
    • Like x 3
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I kind of feel a bit differently about things actually earned through gameplay than “exclusive” items that are obtained strictly through opening your wallet.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ergotth Committed Player

I wish some old items would just show up at the shop or Fate's shop, I regret dearly missing out the Cosmic Chroma and I'm in love with it!
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I do agree, it could be variants, but the nature of the capsule resurgence systems tends to indicate to me there's a distinct possibility we're going to get "options" to choose from, possible between some new things, possible between variants and/or possible a rare shot at an old OG.

Perhaps the OG items won't return, it's fair to say though that they could, the terms of service support their return and being in a booster bundle tends to alleviate any angle anyone has towards "exclusive rights", they were only ever sold as exclusive to booster bundles.

That could shoot down any suggestions of direct market place purchases, but certainly not a "remixed booster bundle" with all original contents being an option.

To be honest there's a part of my laughing at the "rage" of some players so heavily reluctant and opposed towards having these items return, it's kinda funny, I even used to be like that myself, now days I just couldn't care less - and that's coming from someone that has all these items and has over the years profited from them.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

All I see is more people getting scammed. They need to fix the PS/PC economy already. We just went through how many BBs and a whole resurgence where in order to get the “big shiny” people are forced into trades because they are all going for more than the broker allows. Many items now going for more than the trade limit as well
    • Like x 2
  8. Jaelia Committed Player

Hoping for the return of Liquid material
    • Like x 3
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Thats more a case of greed. Bc the player base is dumb enough to buy for that much, ppl will be greedy & ask for that much
  10. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Ya the marketplace is severely lacking... Imagine the millions and millions of dollars they could generate if they put the void material in the marketplace, account bound only, the og plasmic and smoke auras etc. Materials people are dying to have, not a wonderwoman material... Auras people would break TOS to be able to afford, and they do, lol, but if they were in the marketplace, no third party needed. I personally would spend 40 on a black smoke aura or a void material. Others would pay way more, but let's not go getting any bright ideas. Just make this stuff available, forget quarks and loot boxes I have the og cosmic material collected, yet I wish I saved it for some whale to trade in chat for 5 billion in game cash. Heck it is probably worth more. Every DC dollar I have, I have earned the honest and hard way, and I appreciate spending it in game on things I desire but the ability to generate the billions it would take to get some of these items is unobtainable. I would not dream of breaking TOS because I have more than 3000 dollars and 7000 hrs invested in this game.

The marketplace is vastly underwhelming, with little to no update to cosmetics. I would wager they could double their profits if instead of loot boxing us to death they just slapped this stuff into the marketplace, no feats even necessary except for existing materials and auras with feats attached. Add new auras and materials and styles in the future exclusive to the marketplace and do not bundle them or dazzle us with a serotonin boost injected capsule, just let us spend the money and get what we want with it versus shattering hopes time after time, capsule after capsule. I have not spent a single earned dollar on a capsule in four years. Once I realized how RNG infested, zero to no chance, capsules were, I quickly put a leash and chain collar around my wallet. I will subscribe, but that is as far as my dollar goes, until we can buy outright that which we wish to purchase. Don't repackage something to squeeze more blood from the turnip, just price it fairly, put it in the marketplace, and watch the chagrin fade away for players, and count your stacks piling up as your shareholders invest even more heavily into your product.
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i just hope itll mean i have a shot in hell of getting the cosmic mat.
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

You got the greedy part right. We are plagued by resellers dominating the market. High ticket items just keep bouncing back and fourth between the players rich enough, the community at large is screwed. The average player won't afford the high ticket items being jacked up in price by the hoarders and resellers that clean the Broker dry and decide to dictate new "trade chat" prices that exceeds the broker limits.

They really, really need to take a look at this and make adjustments to make the Broker the center of trades. It really makes no sense what so ever to let the playerbase abuse the Trade like this, all while avoiding the broker taxing and limits.
    • Like x 4
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I don't care if they bring the og items back, especially with having everything myself.

However I know 3 players personally, that would want their thousands of dollars spent on the first few bundles refunded if they were to give the first 3 og auras away, especially the plasmic. I got mine from the broker a few years ago, when 300m was alot, so not so salty.

One told me they spent crazy amounts, back in the day, to aquire like 13 plasmics from first bundle, with it being $20 at the time and a simple aura if you got unlucky.

So while you got some like myself that couldn't care less, you will have major fallout from those that still make up a good chunk of the game's revenue. I guess you can't please everyone.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, I mean I guess let's see what happens huh :D
  15. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

while were bringing random things back, can we see rhe return of the two face eye
    • Like x 1
  16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Probably the reason i cant find a rebellious jacket to buy in there, last tc crap i need, refuse to spend over cap because some stooge thinks they can overcharge. Just a 50pt ill never see for that reason
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yeah that entire collection was being heavily charged the moment it came out too. More and more of the high ticket items/collections are being bought up from Broker and resold via trade, taking advantage of the higher cash limit. This is spreading like a plague, scammers are running rampant because of the price gauging where it's becoming more and more of a thing having to do multiple cash trades to meet the new, ridiculous trading prices aswell.

I just don't understand how the trade cap is still higher than the broker cap, completely diminishing the whole broker system and the taxing system. Something definately needs to be done, especially if they are going to just keep chucking out lootboxes and bundles like this.
    • Like x 3
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Even if every OG item ever sold is in them

I'm personally am not giving them a penny for there RNG Garbage

put the stuff on the marketplace and sell them
    were you get what you paid for

otherwise they can screw off
    • Like x 1
  19. Aren Sul Committed Player

I've been holding on to a smoke aura for ages and if they put this in and people have a chance to get one, well that's it!

I'm going to be really happy for those people :)

Everyone should have at least a chance to get the older rare stuff, especially since many people joined late in the game's development. I'm all for a rebundling ever few years. Good luck to those who always wanted but never had the chance. I hope you get something cool!
    • Like x 3
  20. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I'll be happy to get Liquid again I got it for my two water characters way back when it first came out but I could never get any for my speedster who looked pretty cool in it as well.
    [IMG]29744836_2368962809796003_5332027552023590939_o by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    (I made my Aquaking up to look like my main speedster)