Booster Bundle Remix- OG items coming back - Fun times

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, May 31, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Get ready to empty your wallets new players and buy some boxes

After having enjoyed these for years myself, it's nice to see new players look like they're getting a chance to enjoy these as well.

Which ones are you new players looking forward to the most now you don't need to buy them off that trade chat guy for 60Bil? :D
    • Like x 6
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Let it be a bundle with only the auras Nimbus, Plasmic, Smoke, Glimmering, Solar, Radiant, Cosmic, and the Comic Material. I want to have as much tears to drink as possible.
    • Like x 9
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

IDK any use for them just yet, but the nebula and cosmic chromas and auras are awesome and the drone is neat. I also really hope we get a yellow version of the cosmic aura. It would be perfect for my Yellow Lantern and she's the last of my Lantern Girls still in need of a good aura (for now, anyway.... maybe we'll get more from the newer Corps sometime) and I've been using these auras for most of my Lantern Girls except for a couple. I'll see what I can get and try to come up with some fun ideas. The comic chroma is also super cool and nostalgic. Or.... it's not exactly nostalgia since the things it gives me "nostalgia" for are from before I even existed but are the history of things and worlds and characters I love, so I guess for lack of a better word.... histalgia? Whatever, it's cool.
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

it was said in chat that someone was bragging over scamming ppl outta billions, allegedly making over 30bil with pretending to trade shaded comic material.

its nice to see ppl have a chance to get the real deal i guess :)

doubt that i will purchase any, but i hope they put up a great flyer showing everything available so i can see what is in it and then decide from there :)
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Ppl are going to lose their minds more than they already are w the gigantic wait for a new dlc.

I can’t wait to watch it unfold
    • Like x 1
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is he still here?

In general, I don’t care about BBs .... but I like the rejection of the vicious system of exclusivity ... now we need to return the styles from the old SMs and sell them for a dollar a pack ...
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Looking forward to getting my hands on Nebula Chroma and OG Cosmic. :)A few Nimbus auras would be cool, too.
    • Like x 1
  9. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

This will keep me paying until October when we get something new, Man I cant wait for a whole lot of recycled stuff, First they recycle and reskin a DLC and now lets recycle all the greatest hits, I see hours of waiting in Q just to get ingame
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

was this outright confirmed by the devs?
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let me know if they put them on the Marketplace for as a limited time re--release for 20 dollars.

The FOMOers and Whales can have the lootbox version of it and a limited time exclusive aura, and 2 years later they can make them purchasable, so they would be able to reach into both potential markets. Those willing to purchase loot-boxes, get a few years exclusivity and tthe ability to trade and sell it. And those who waited the 2 years can purchase one for $10-$20 dollars, however the item would be character bound.

I mean S.E does a modified version of this, putting retired event clothing in the item shop. DCUO can vault auras for a few years. I mean Disney does it and its does seem to have success.

People love to periodically have certain things taken away then given back later, Look at Survival Mode.:p
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did they say the og items are coming back or are we just guessing?
    • Like x 1
  13. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

They only used the term remix, which could mean anything.

Did they use that term for the resurgence caps that brought back old items?
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I too am a little lost as I did not see any confirmation personally. Thou I could have very easily missed something
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Panderus wrote

"and a 'remixed' Booster Bundle. It is what it sounds like!"

I'd imagine "it is what it sounds likes, means, it it's what it sounds like, cause, I mean that is what it sounds like.

I mean unless, it's not actually what it sounds like...

Unless they resist all the OG items and just go for variants lol
    • Like x 1
  16. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This was my 1st guess when they initially announced it few months ago:

Shaded comic chroma
    Color variants of the Nebula aura
    A Nebula mat

This is my guess now:

A box that contains one of the old rewards
    Color variants of the Nebula aura
    A Nebula mat

I haven't hit postulate wildly on my guess settings yet, but I will
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I can't help but joke...maybe it just meant the most obvious...cash grab....it's just a joke...a joke...is it really a funny joke? Truth?
  18. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

I dont really take to the Idea of "OG" I personally think the games has gotten better since they started bringing back that old stuff, it knocked these "OGs" down a peg. i mean come on in real life you don't get special privilege because you were born first, unless your talking about senior discount, but that's only to makeup for the fact that the elderly aren't working and instead living of pensions or ss

now if only theyd fix that tunic of greed
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...that's still 'guessing' isn't it?

Granted I'd agree you are probably right, but your 2nd assumption might ALSO be right...that the OGs will either not be in there or will be extremely rare. And if you do get that 'rare' drop, it might be the 'OG Glimmering' if they weight them all the same.

I doubt Black Smokes, Cosmic or Comic mats, Solar or OG plas will be raining down. And I'd 100% doubt that ANY will see their way to the broker under 1B and will still be 2B+ items, meaning more trade scams await us.

Unless the box will contain ONLY OG stuff....all that will happen is a 50B item will become a 5-10B item. Woo Hoo!

And I do believe this is short sighted. Yeah...this BB will sell a lot as people get nutty hoping for a lucky opening, but as it WILL drive the resale market down, will people KEEP buying them to stock up on items that will be readily available? Oh...yeah...don't forget the 'Over 10$ value' in there.....I'm sure people will keep buying BBs for THAT once the exclusivity and resale values drop down. Never can have enough single repair bots and 1 radar detector.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Tell that to my older brother. HIS jeans and toys were new.....I got patches and Tonka trucks with 1 wheel missing.

IT'S NOT FAIR I TELLS YA!!!
    • Like x 2