Test Discussion Episode 43: Artifact M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

On Gadgets, I was testing the PI application. It now applies the PI to all surrounding enemies. Is it intended to setup the Frostbite PI?

Not a huge deal, if it does, since Gadgets is the only unique ability that can use Burning, Electrified, Frostbite, and Dazed, but Frostbite does have a tendency to encase sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m expecting it to even out in some situations. Like in a longer add heavy raid. There will be situations where one is stronger than the other and then lengthy content will make a difference too if you’re quick on calling out your trinket to get all the uptime. I always liked the lazy style of having my 3 pets out constantly. So much so that none of my toons really use trinket pets. Turrets while EoG is popping off is my usual setup.
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

. Where does it say "pets now apply PI when you use MAP"?
    . Turret is a trinket pet which fits the description, and for some reasons, the CD reduction works, but not the damage?
  4. BumblingB I got better.

BUG: Odd behavior with MAP and Supercharge bar. It seems to only happen when in combat, but my SC drops a bit then builds back up when I hit MAP.

5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Unfortunately no where anymore but it has been brought up in other threads. I’m guessing it’s still intended especially with the added comments of pairing grim with it.

Turret damage has never been buffed by any exterior sources. No idea why
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I remember a green name mentioned that it had to do with the burst damage. Trinket "pets" vs trinket "turrets". Usually pets are more of an over time damage, while turrets do a few giant hits and are done. So things like Godwave could break damage. I think this was said during the introduction of tiered trinkets.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I believe Ranmaru is trying to work around some of the game's quirks here.

By itself, MAP generates 120 Supercharge per use. That is way too much and puts in the realm of Supercharge generators. . To compensate, you get hit with a 59 Supercharge Reduction Tick first. That is followed up by the 120 Supercharge tick. So it balances out to a +61 Supercharge gain - which is still too much compared to other Fortify Pet powers.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I can see that being a work around, but for things like 100% SC attacks, that makes for a very frustrating wait to hit your attack. Like I would use GW before to boost Quislet. I hope they can work a more fluid fix.
  9. Mr.W Committed Player

Thank you for this!!!!!! I see an incredible possibility :)

I'll have to test it tomorrow night to see if my idea works with this artifact but this off face value is nothing shy of incredible!!!
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I would argue a little that nature and ice need a little bit of boosting to their damage as is and if swarm and ice devil were part of it could probably benefit them
    • Like x 1
  11. Ranmaru Developer

I need to investigate a more permanent fix, sadly controlling SC gen on abilities does not seem to be innately cut and dry. Thanks for surfacing this issue so I can continue to investigate.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

Don't forget to try this with the new civilian henchmen everyone!!!!!

I'm sure they'll be extremely strong ;)
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Unfortunately, only Godwave would buff henchmen, which is probably good, because they would be really OP.
    • Like x 2
  14. Sammy Well-Known Player

I don't understand

There are four pet artifacts now. how are we supposed to equip them all?

Grimoire gives a pet. Quizlet gives a Pet. Source Shard Buffs a pet. and this one buffs a pet.

Do we buff one pet big, or buff two pets a little?

This seems like we either need more artifact slots or some kind of thing where you summon another pet instead.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

It is really about variety of builds and play styles. There are a significant number of artifacts for non pet builds, but you have the option to choose which ones for your build. This is the same concept for pet builds.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re supposed to pick and choose. The mercy artifact also lowers your trinket pet SC. Doing so means you can have almost 100% uptime on your trinket pet. This means you have 3 pets to buff with godwave.
    • Like x 3
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There are a lot of players that have disliked having to run grim for a long time because they don’t like how he looks. So now they have the option not to run him if they can deal with the power issue not having him creates. There are also a lot of people that don’t like the random timing of godwave so they can now choose to go with a build that isn’t solely 3 pets. Aka boo belt and mercy/grim/quislet plus henchmen and now even grand summoning if they’re sorcery.
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Perhaps someone will be interested ....

Control test:

Single Target.

Sorcerer-Furry
    Artefacts-"Grimorium Verum"+"Quislet"+"Source Shard"
    100%

M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix test:

Sorcerer-Robot
    Artefacts-"M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix"+"Death King Scepter"+"Source Shard"
    Trinket-2 Boo (Baby Boo+Ms Boo)
    94.633 %

M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix test:

Sorcerer-Robot
    Artefacts-"M.E.R.C.Y. Amazotron Matrix"+"Transformation Cardr"+"Source Shard"
    Trinket-2 Boo (Baby Boo+Ms Boo)
    92.77%

• Like x 2
  19. Yaiba Committed Player

I will wait for dev's response on the PI. Part of me, I don't think it's intended since it replaces one of the fortify ability, and those don't give PI.
    For turret pets, I'm talking about the 2nd effect of the artifact where you summon a trinket pet, you will deal damage (might based, mid range?) to your enemies, and since turret is also a trinket pet, it should proc but at the moment, it's not (CD reduction still applies to turrets).
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Base Damage Numbers:

Crystal with Mercy AoE 5 targets: 14k
    Crystal without Mercy AoE 5 targets: 16k
    Crystal basic attack DPS AoE 5 targets: 3-6k
    Crystal with Mercy ST: 16k-18k (3 ticks), 48k-54k total
    Crystal without Mercy ST: 40-41k
    Crystal basic attack ST: 3-6k

Fury with Mercy AoE 5 targets: 13k
    Fury without Mercy AoE 5 targets: 21k
    Fury basic attack DPS AoE 5 targets: 4k
    Fury with Mercy ST: 16k-20k (3 ticks), 48k-60k total
    Fury without Mercy ST: 50-52k
    Fury basic attack ST: 4k

RSK with Mercy AoE 5 targets: 16k
    RSK basic attack DPS AoE 5 targets: 7-8k
    RSK with Mercy ST: 15-18k (3 ticks), 45-54k
    RSK basic attack ST: 5-7k

The aoe attacks for fury and crystal seem bugged. They don’t appear to be doing the damage they used to. Can this be looked at?

Also the basic attack of rsk is better at base since it’s the standard attack pattern. Crystal does more basic attack then fury because crystal doesn’t do any long animation attacks. She does a small shuriken star or a larger pebble. With fury it does a 2 beam attacks which do low damage which is then comboed into solar flame, meteor blast, or pulse beam. Pulse beam and meteor both do moderate damage at best while solar flame hits for the same damage as the pebble attack from fury.

If balance were to be done the pebble for crystal would have to be turned to aoe and so would the solar flame and meteor blast. But again, thr most important thing to look into would the the aoe attack when mercy is equipped. Some numbers may have been unintentionally changed
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.