Prices on the Broker totally out of control!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ambassador of Krypton, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Nothing more to say about it...
    • Like x 1
  2. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Welcome to the "Free Market Trading" of any MMO type game in North America/the US. Where capitalism is king and economics is ignored since a majority of players never took it in senior year of high school or straight up forgot about it.
    • Like x 5
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

To be honest its gotten much better since the membership revamp, when they allowed premium+ to have all their money. It allowed most players to interact with the economy and bring prices for alot of the goods down.

Players are still scalping of course, but overall the economy is slowly improving.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I don't see any improvements, when a collection node costs 300+M. Speaking of which, who gets to decide that very piece is worth that price? Who gets to decide that piece is the rarest in the collection? And if you dare to talk to Mepps about this, you get a "What makes you think we can tell people what to do with their money?" as an answer. I mean, a dev who tells you such a thing is quite saddening.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's a free market which means players can set what ever price they want. The devs can't control how people price items.
    • Like x 10
  6. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Just to note:
    -items that are feat related are always over inflated prices
    -some people put prices way over the limit and buy it with their main - a workaround to the inability to send cash via mail.

Problem with the latter is other people might think that's the going price for an item and just copy it.

Also, Mepps would be correct "if" he were to say that.

Items on the broker are worth what you're willing to pay. End of.
    • Like x 6
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What do the devs have anything to do with the prices? It’s players who decide what something costs. And no one chooses which collection it the rarest in the set. If there are 10 set the one that drops least is the rarest. If 10 people get a collection they put it in the broker. Someone else tries to sell theirs first so they put it at a lower price. Then someone puts it lower than that. That’s how prices are made. Look at new collections when they first come out. Some pieces go for 1ms 10ms even 100 millions. Eventually more players get them to drop and the prices go down. Then when a new dlc comes out these collections go up in price as there are less people getting them.

You tried to imply that some people did not take a course in HS yet you couldn’t grasp this simple concept of supply and demand
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Unwavering Player

A free market allow players to set the price and buy it based on its worth to them. If you want to sell your wares quicker, you undercut other posters.
    • Like x 2
  9. L T Devoted Player

This bears repeating.

I disagree with the very notion of this thread. Broker prices are what they are because it takes a lot of time, money, effort, or extreme luck to obtain them.

If anything many things listed on the broker are under-priced. I often look at the broker price for things and marvel at how cheap they are. If you want to q gorilla island and then spend hours looking for collections there only to dump them on the broker for virtually nothing you are within your rights but if rather delete them than get nothing for the effort.
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Unwavering Player

You must get undercut alot.:p
  11. the solowing Unwavering Player

Some people skipped basic economics and it shows.

Gas where i lived during the first lockdown went from $2.80 to $1.50 per gallon

Post lock-down currently it sits at $3.20 per gallon.

And thats after tapping the Reserves.

Due to the pandemic disrupting the supply, and now we cant keep up with the demand. So prices go up.

Introduce another lock-down where people wont need gas and watch the prices drop off a cliff again.
    • Like x 2
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Even tho Omnibus hurt the value of gold collections, on the plus side, they are cheaper now for those that missed out before. as much as I enjoyed the $, i enjoy seeing ppl get feats more. If u see something like (Shard of Virgo) for a “huge 30mil” its not bad, that 1 used to be well over 100mil
    • Like x 3
  13. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Capping the Broker would be enough. You guys know better than I do that most of those players who can afford to spend hundreds of milions to buy even the most useless crap (not to mention being able to set those ridiculous prices) owe it all to the hacks and bugs and exploits the game has gone through over the years.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The broker already has a cap at near $1 billion. When an item is priced higher than the broker cap people turn to direct trade which also has a cap at near $2 billion.
    • Like x 3
  15. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Hahahahahahaaah, and you call 1/2billion a cap? Ok, I got it, you guys won't understand. Go on, accept whatever this game decides. Clearly you're ok with it...
  16. the solowing Unwavering Player

You may not realize it but you likely carry some of the glitched cash yourself unintentionally. They could add in some limited time, exclusive aura/ materials for a steep price of ingame cash to try to empty out some of the big money holders.
    • Like x 2
  17. the solowing Unwavering Player

We are trying to explain what is going on. Why are you acting like this to those just trying to help inform you of the question YOU asked?
    • Like x 7
  18. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Cuz to me "The Broker has already a cap", when that "cap" is set at 1B, is not an answer. Also, I didn't technically asked any question. I just made a statement :)
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

I stand corrected, what do you think would fix it?
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Further lowering the cap in the broker will drive potential sellers towards direct trading only. With direct trading they can set their prices even higher without risk of paying a broker fee. That will put all rare items outside of your poor miserable grasp. :(
    • Like x 7