Prices on the Broker totally out of control!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ambassador of Krypton, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm ok with that, sacrifices have to happen with sweeping changes but the best way is always to just do it and let the community get over it in time
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My attitude has shifted slightly over the years with the addition of time capsule (and booster bundle) loot as in game cash greatly helps you obtain all those rare items and feats but I still place very little weight on in game cash. The point being is it is not very hard to accumulate a large sum of cash in a very short amount of time if you do find yourself needing a large sum of cash. It comes and it goes.

I would like to see the cap lifted off of the broker.

I would also like to see all of our in game cash consolidated into one account bound sum shared among all of your characters.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Even if it causes a large exodus from the community? From those unhappy with it?
    • Like x 1
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya know, it's really not hard to make money, if you choose to make it.

Everybody just got a Cr skip. So reaching relevant Cr for the current end game content, isn't hard. Farm the exobytes, farm the catalysts and ingots, then sell em on the broker.

Farm collection pieces (from anywhere), sell them on the broker.

Sure, prices for some things are super high, but there's plenty of billionaires out there willing to buy stuff for their alts. Sell artifact catalysts, sell ally catalysts, you can bank from just about anything on the broker. Put forth the effort to make money, and before you know it, you'll have money.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if they are leaving over monopoly money good riddance as the change would even benefit them in the long run. and there have been changes that actually effected the game itself that have been much worse over the years. but I highly doubt people would not return if they have that kind of time invested
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then what happens when another money glitch happens? Or every time a RMT transaction happens? Your'e going to wipe everyone money on basically a daily basis.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

as far as another glitch they should bring down the ban hammer dont know what a RMT transaction is tho, this is what they should have done during the original money glitch instead of letting everyone hide all their funds.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Cash selling, its ill gotta funds get spread out pretty quick. Players dont buy in-game cash to horde it, they buy it because their is a desire for something. If they buy something with it off the broker, are you going to delete the cash every single person has everytime someone buys cash or uses glitched money?
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you
    wouldnt have to do any of that by clearing all the in game money and then dumping everything for sale on the broker back to the players for a day. The economy would be built back up in a few days of people playing and with out another glitch would maintain. as far as the money lenders their cash would be gone along with everyone elses so nothing to sale and would solve that problem for a good while also
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I didn’t say they won’t pay more than $10 for a sandwich. I said they won’t pay more than $10 for a $10 sandwich. Likewise, they won’t pay more than $30 for a $30 sandwich, etc. The point is when they have an idea (whether accurate or not) of what something should cost, they balk at prices they feel exceed that cost. Obviously this is a generalization and there are plenty of exceptions. But they aren’t the rule.

I don’t have a lonk, but having been raised by someone who worked in finance, having worked in wealth management banking and finance myself and having rubbed elbows at other times with wealthy crowds, I’ve seen this enough times to know it’s a trait/trend.
  11. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

sooo out of curiosity OP

What specific item couldn't you obtain to warrant this post?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Shaded Comic Material.
    • Like x 1