Lets be clear because its "important" ? (devs)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jolaksi, Jan 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolaksi Well-Known Player

So we are getting x2 artifact exp week and there are tons of people who got their OVERRANKED artifacts breathtreaktrough automaticly. (those are the ones who did not do the glitch. the legit ones)

So lets say a player has an artifact that was sitting on 678.722 exp at rank 19 before autorank happened. Then this artifact got auto leveled to 197 rank and that player got free breakthroughs from 19 to 160.
    Then this player decided to rank up his/her artifact from 160 to 200 during bonus exp week.

So question is when this player finish ranking up to 200 and when this auto level "bug" get fixed, does that mean that player will keep the breakthroughs himself/herself passed and the ones autoleveled by bug will get removed?
  2. jolaksi Well-Known Player

EDIT: I mistype the 197 rank on second paragraph. It supposed to be 160*
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

This is really specific
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Daybreak has promised a transparency report on this subject that will be released this month. It takes time to compile. When it is released I hope it will answer any questions you have.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Unwavering Player

Mepps:
    [IMG]
    Mepps to the survivors:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  7. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

The game is in a state right now were players are concerned about leveling up their artifacts during a bonus artifact xp event. Freaking yikes, my dudes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What what? I didn't know about this auto leveling thing....just the XP 'glitch' thing that was going on.

I have 2 toons with artis that have enough XP to be near rank 200 but have never done the breakthroughs past 19 or 39. I dump extra XP into a single arti during 2x weeks to clear up my inventory with intention of using THAT overloaded arti later if a new arti comes out and I want it. Last I checked they were not auto ranked and still sat at 19 or wherever.

Man....I keep missing out on all the fun stuff.
    • Like x 4
  9. BumblingB I got better.

The auto leveling had to do with what time of day you logged in. After the first closure and return of the fortification tab, if you logged in before they took it down again, suddenly you had things breakthrough automatically. I have at least one leaguemate with an OP item broken through w/o getting the feat. He logged in early in the morning on that window. I had a few artifacts that were at the breakthrough point that didn't get boosted, because I was, thankfully, at work and logged in later that day.

@OP, dang, you are in a scenario that would drive me batty. You don't want to lose out on this week, but you don't want to end up having your items reverted after wasting resources. They ask you don't submit a ticket for this either and to wait until it's taken care of. Ugh, that sounds frustrating.
    • Like x 4
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For the purposes of this week, if you partook in the exploit (however slightly or accidentally), you should expect that illegitimate XP to be removed and your items' ranks returned to wherever that removal of XP puts you.

Legitimate XP gains across the board and including this week won't be removed.

Catalysts are an extra layer, so it is probably best not to do any breakthroughs that you think an XP correction will drop you back below. As in, maybe pass on that rank 200 breakthrough if you expect your artifact to soon be returned to rank 199, 160, or 20.

Edit: This information assumes, of course, that your account is not suspended this week in the first place.
    • Like x 21
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow, didn't know that, but I doubt it applies to me. The artis I have have overleveled aren't even in my inventory so besides the fact I barely opened my fortify tab those weeks, the artis in question would never have showed up to 'accidentally' level up. I do have a few still 'on the edge' of a breakthrough, but I keep those there for an eventual USOC use.

Thanks for the info though.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just sayin....you might have wanted to hold off on the 2x week till the non suspention/ban users were reverted and cleared up. I'd guess there are a few legit people out there who don't realize they were auto bumped and they will dump a bunch of XP in this week (and cats maybe) and will get hosed afterwards. Believe it or not, but some of us have multiple toons with multiple artis each and just MIGHT not realize one changed without our knowledge or doing.

Especially if the 'soon' is next Friday....right after 2x week is over.
    • Like x 7
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Have you found the technology to undo this then?

Say for example, a player had their artifacts with 1.7mil XP but was at rank 159, and it got auto-breakthrough'd to 200 from a bug, this will be reverted? (ie. the legitimate 1.7mil XP would still remain)

(The auto-breakthroughs being a bug and not the player's fault or intention)
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm still a bit confused by this. :confused:

Before this whole XP exploit thing, I had an Everyman Prototype artifact sitting at rank 159 with overflowing experience, waiting for a breakthrough that I never did. That artifact got a free breakthrough due to the fix the dev team did to the OP items that were back to rank zero, and it is now sitting at rank 165. Is that artifact gonna be bumped down back to rank 159 then? Should I just not touch that artifact?
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I think he's saying that you can put XP into it, but don't breakthrough until they resolve the people who got auto broken through.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

And also seals maybe. So it's possible unaware people may end up making a purchase that is taken away from them.

At this point, I think I may already have wasted 60 catalysts of each type, all on the breakthrough of an alt's Grimorium Verum that I don't know if it got an auto bump or not. pain
    • Like x 2
  17. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Yes. It will revert back to 159 without exp loss BUT what I understand is lets say if you decided to rank it up all they way to rank 200 and use catalysts for rank 180 and 200 during x2 week and then when they revert back auto ranked artifacts to their original state(which was 159 for your Everyman Prototype), you will keep 1.678.722 EXP but you will lose rank 180 and 200 breakthroughs which will result with catalyst waste.
  18. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Okay I get the idea now but as Reinheld said doesnt that kill the full benefit of x2 exp gain week for most players? It sounds pretty bad imo.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Oof, this is gonna be bad to the unaware people, even more to those who are gonna use seals if devs can't give them back somehow, if that's the case.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We considered holding it or swapping it. We decided to go forward because we didn't have anything ready to swap to and rolling out a 2x week after everything is complete we felt would look more suspect. These were the plans and we stuck with them.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.