Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

You spent 5-6 months trying to troll someone you don't like, yea. Ima stand by that statement.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

A little advice, again:

Don't feed the _____.
    • Like x 2
  3. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Look at what you've reduced yourself to.

Shameful.
    • Like x 3
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Meanwhile youve got nothing to say about the person whos been trolling for nearly half a year as long as they like your post xD
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), short for argumentum ad hominem, refers to several types of arguments, some but not all of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

• Like x 2
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Indeed I do and never did I deny it.
    • Like x 1
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then what are you adding to the conversation if all you have are insults?
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Mind quoting me a ad-hominen attack ive made on you? Oh right you cant. The closest ive gotten is saying saying you're abit short-sighted on this. But you just flat out insult people and then say you made a point.

So how are you tired of me tossing ad-homien attacks at you, when you haven't got any while you've been flinging them around left and right?:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Insults? I'm just calling it as I see it; calling a spade a spade.

If you take up a position on something and can't clearly articulate why, this sounds more like a "you" problem than anything else.

By the way, since you're such an ardent pro-stat clamp player, I'm still waiting for you to coherently explain how the stat clamp at the moment is universally better for everyone versus an optional clamp.
    But seeing as how you're very easily distracted and seem to enjoy going off topic, I guess I'm going to be waiting forever.
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

adjective
    Slang. stupid, mean, or contemptible.
    • Like x 1
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

kids, kids, kids. don't make me have to get out of my chair.

here's the troof. the clamp's here. it's not going away. all the shouting at each ain't changing nothing. this is what it is. for those that like it, win. good for you. have fun. the rest of us? we just gotta get our fun in the bits of the game we still like. & if you can't find any fun in that, any more, then it's time to get out of dodge. that's the game, now. I know it stinks, for some of us, but that's what it is. there's tons of other games out there, apparently.

it ain't the end of the world.
    • Like x 2
  12. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Because people were totally paying attention to story, voicing, and content when burning down everything like a pyromaniac in a dry brush field, right?

If it weren't for unskippable cutscenes, things would go exactly as they did during early story raids in FFXIV where those who experienced the raids before would skip and continue along while people who were there for the first time would either end up missing literally the entire raid for trying to see what was going on or what context was happening or end up bombarded by multiple back to back cutscenes and lost as to why they're continuing onto something else because they're forced to skip to keep up.

And mind you that this is still with a stat/level clamp because there's just as much of a bleed-through as there is being limited to 88 in a T2 instance where it's still a cakewalk, but you're not f---ing invincible at the same time unless you walked in yourself by being 40 levels higher than it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Not necessarily. Clamping was instituted unsuccessfully once before and repealed. The idea of it being optional has already been mentioned by devs as a possibility. This is a long way from over.
    • Like x 2
  14. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Get off your high horse. I, and others, already called you out for faking concern for the good of the community in your posts and do zilch to further any advancement of "good of the community".

Everything I've written in response to you isn't an ad hominem attack; it just is what it is and is spot on.
    Despite most others seeing it clearly, you just can't because you're so blinded by your made up BS of what you believe the "good of the community" should look like. Who said you're right? No one here that I see. If you honestly believe in your own tropey baloney and that somehow I'm part of the problem (you know nothing about me), then you're an even foolish than I originally thought.

Do us all a favor and go through this thread again from start to finish and actually read the comments, especially the ones directed at you then read them all again.
    Hopefully you'll get a clue because it couldn't be any more obvious how people view you and your utter lack of self-awareness on this forum.
    • Like x 6
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

You said yourself, you dont care about other players experiences, so what input do you add that would benefit the community rather then benefit you alone?

I asked you, if youre calling me toxic, why wont you call out the person whos been trying to intentionally derail my post for the last several months? Even Reinheld called them out on it.

But you...You revel in the toxicity, while complaining the community is toxic while contributing to it. And yet you cant even see it lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Can I get an amen?
    • Like x 3
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The simple fact is that players are in a much better position to help other players learn and grow. The devs make the game, but players are right there with other players, just as much in the mix as the others they play with. We can step in and pass along helpful and useful information a LOT faster than the devs can make an update that passes along any info that provides the same benefits. That doesn't mean every player should drop whatever it is they're doing in the game and help out every single player who makes a request for help. But if someone's in a position where they can help solve a problem and outright refuses because "it's not their job" then they've made themselves a part of the problem.

The game environment isn't just a product of what the devs put into the game. The environment is a product of what the devs offer and what players show up to participate in what the devs offer. A better tutorial isn't going to do much if the game attracts self-centered nimrods who couldn't give a rat's hindquarters about the problems other players might face, while a game with a less-than-perfect tutorial could thrive decently if the game attracts players who are willing to lend a hand.

I'm not trying to place all the blame on any one person or group in the game. That's why I used the term "some responsibility" in my comment. In an interactive environment such as this, there are very few things that are all the fault of one side or the other. That's why I feel that if someone can help but refuses, they aren't without blame in the end result.
    • Like x 2
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

MMORPGs are inherently grindy, its something that is intended for players who want something for the "Long Haul".
    You just flat out ignored this question.
    Because their is no nuance, its all black and white to you. Options are nice, but when it works against the goal you set out to make. Is it a good option?:rolleyes:

A random person on the internet, who i have not any connection to in any capacity outside playing the same named game. Feels validated in their assumptions of who i am. While also telling me, i dont know who they are. So my assumptions are unfounded.
    Dang....I guess i should lose sleep over it, but i sleep like a baby at night knowing that.
    Uh...You didnt answer the question... Saying the stat clamp is like putting lipstick on a pig, doesn't identify a single issue that is wrong with it, all you can get out of it is "i dont like it, so its bad"
    From your direct replies to me listed above, you dont have any points to make, only personal insults;)
    MMORPGs are inherently grindy, its something that is intended for players who want something for the "Long Haul".
    You just flat out ignored this question.
    Because their is no nuance, its all black and white to you. Options are nice, but when it works against the goal you set out to make. Is it a good option?:rolleyes:

A random person on the internet, who i have not any connection to in any capacity outside playing the same named game. Feels validated in their assumptions of who i am. While also telling me, i dont know who they are. So my assumptions are unfounded.
    Dang....I guess i should lose sleep over it, but i sleep like a baby at night knowing that.
    Well everything posted in this quote is the direct replies to me from page 1 to page 16.... So if you get nothing from this outside of the insults....Well thats every reply youve made to me thus far...
    I see why Cat says Classic Catastroflare....
    Sorry, but i don't believe that for a second. Also you contradicted yourself there. You give people pointers, but you said you hate showing people how to play the game and its not your job....
    [IMG]
    Well this is me going through 15 pages of replies so.....yea..... Its mostly just ad-homien attacks, as i stated before...
    There is all the quotes to me from you and Yas Queen for the last 16 pages lol

Now if you would like point out where you arnt being a @sshole listed in orange and a hypocrite in red, please let me know.
    • Like x 4
  19. Irvynnge Loyal Player

if this "community" had but one face. . .
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Also Catastroflare
    But wait...
    Classic Catastroflare. Never seen you in person, never played with you in-game, i dont interact with you outside of these forums. But you seem to know about me off pure assumptions. But then use that to say any critique of you is invalid because i dont know you at all:rolleyes:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.