Stat Clamp Choice

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Dec 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well just add it to the list of things you can't comprehend...
    [IMG]

EDIT: Sorry...that came off overly mean....just can't let a good burn setup go un-answered. Thems the rules...I don't make 'em...I just live by 'em.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Stop feeding it. It lives off of your attention lol
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ironic coming from you;)
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep...gonna go get my credit card so I can 'earn' some TC feats....yeah baby...I GOT SKILLS! While I'm in there I can also max a few more 200 artis so I can atri switch my way to 2x more damage output than the raid was ever designed for....you know...to 'up' the challenge a bit. Might even stop by Ambush bugs room so I can 'earn' some Style feats with marks I 'earned' by jumping in some FOS3 spam for a few hours or taking advantage of the Black dawn 4x rewards exploit.

Thank Zod that stats penetration takes into account that one moron we had to pick up (to fill the 8 man requirement) who forgot to add a 'block' button in his loadout. Not even sure how they coded that, but man....WAY better than if it didn't.

And now that they finally have that new speedhacker filter, at least EVERYONE will be 'earning' their feats. I mean, otherwise it seems like whole leagues could just team up with that single junk account speedhacker and knock everything out...Crazy when that would happen, right? At least THAT went away with the clamp...so +1 for that.

Earning it baby!!!

EDIT: Not sure how I got directed back to page1 of the discussion and your post...but that was a LOT of sarcasm to write, so I'm going to let it stand... however belated it is.
    • Like x 3
  5. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I really hate this idea that I'm supposed to show people how to play this game when I have never put myself out there to do so.

If someone is struggling in this game, they can turn to their league or a friend to help them with whatever they're having a problem with, not me. Sometimes, like the TOWW alert for example, I'll give people pointers if they're having a problem when it's necessary but most people don't care for that and the "leave me alone" or "shut up I know what I'm doing" retorts get tiresome after a while. No thanks.

Your idea of "community" does not really exist in this game in a general sense. Like I've mentioned before, there is a massive gap between an in-game community like FFXIV versus DCUO. And it ain't even close.

I came back to this game from scratch 7 years after playing dedicatedly for 3 years. I didn't forget anything and in fact, I'm just reminded of the same ol grindy !@#$ that plagued it when it first came out.

Why is what I'm writing in my replies so hard for you to understand?

Sorry but not on my time. If I lead a league I am more than willing and happy to do so. Now, I'm just a casual player who doesn't need to tutor other people in this game when they should be taking it upon themselves to do a little research on learning how to play their role and power. It's the respectful and courteous thing to to do.
    • Like x 2
  6. WillkillsM New Player

I see people in here saying keep the clamp and earn everything. I bet you are the same people who jump on those xp boosts, cr jumps, double marks, etc... like a dog in heat. Why not get rid of all the xp boosts, cr jumps, double marks, buying feats, etc... earn it right!? You shout earn it, but yet scream hallelujah when the bonuses are given,.....hypocrites. I for one am all in for the topic creator's idea. What's the point of getting all these increases in stats just to be held back on older stuff. That's bs that I put in my time, effort, and money to earn the ability to go back and whoop the npc's areses only to be held back. What's the freakin point of the increases then?! If you are going to pull that then why not just make gear stats irrelevant and just add content and styles. I don't know about you, but I went through all the headaches of people not knowing what to do in the raids, alerts, duo's, etc...since beta to earn feats, gear, marks, etc...Its my turn to return the favor to those npc's! #remove the clamp
    • Like x 4
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think most of the 'pro clamp' camp would be fine with the loss of all those things, because they don't need them anymore. This would further increase the gap between experienced endgame players and the new people this clamp was supposed to be helping in the first place. Granted, not so much in the older content, but at the rate we increase now, everyone is at endgame in a few weeks or a month without even trying....so everyone is 'endgame' players nowadays.

While I think you'd lose your bet above, you'd win one if you also bet that many of them are the same ones that would exclude you from an Elite raid if you didn't have 3 (or more) 200 artis, 500+ SP, 350+CR, and both adaptive augments in place. Maybe they'd pick you up as a filler body, but you are not what they'd prefer....cause you know....'earning' it and all. They'll artifact switch DW/Flurry clip spam Nitro/Omega boost themselves and run the most meta of meta builds all while lamenting about how things are too easy and they want a challenge. I can hear it now...."We want a challenge....except when we don't", the rest of us are just along for the ride.
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Perhaps one of the reasons there isn't the same kind of community in this game is that so many players take the same "forget everyone else, it isn't my job to teach" viewpoint that you're giving voice to.

Fun bit is that anyone who takes that stand pretty much gives up any real right to complain about other players not knowing anything. If someone is in a position to help or teach others but doesn't take the opportunity, they bear some responsibility for those less-than-knowledgeable players existing.
    • Like x 3
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Youre expecting them to be respectful and courteous to you while being completely indifferent to them. It has to go both ways, not simply your way.
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

no disrespect intended, bruv, but, maybe, just maybe, the reason there isn't the same kind of community in this game is because those of us who did try to help, to offer advice, got sick & tired of being told to "f&%k off?" the players we got now, they ain't the players we had then. this game is rife with toxicity & cheating & snobbery & twelve year olds running around with mummy's credit card. there is no community. & there hasn't been for years. all these people coming on here, making out like they're all for the clamp because it's good for the community, it's bollocks.

for my own part, I don't give a toss about the clamp any more. I just don't run that crap. & I don't run after new augments or op gear any more. you guys can carry on chasing each others' tails in your never-ending dance of righteousness all you want, I'll be in me base getting stoned & grooving to the Small Faces. . .

" sha la la la lee, yeah. . . "
    • Like x 4
  11. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

When I enter a group, I always type in hello. Hardly ever get a reply back. When the instance is done, I type "ty gg" and I usually get more replies but again, like I said your speculation is always off base. You assume wrongly often.

In any case, at best you're just blindly grasping at anything you can to make an argument (that's very thin) at this point and at worst, you have zero idea what you're talking about (or not articulating it very well).

Again, the stat clamp in its current iteration is not good for a myriad of reasons and not one person has provided a sensible and sound argument in which the stat clamps benefits everyone whereas plenty of have in favor of an optional clamp.
    • Like x 3
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

they can never agree to an optional clamp. never. because they know that if the clamp was optional, no one would run it. & that would mean that they were wrong.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

You think that community came out of thin air? Player psychology plays into this. You have to encourage players to help each other out.

DCUO has been removing penalties for years, its insanely easy to just be a scumbag. And when suggestions come back to re-implement anti scumbag measure. Nobody wants to any penalties for anything. Players want to be able to leave mid raid to do a league run, holding up the group they just left. Players want to be able to randomly queue and instance fish till they get the one they want. Players want to be able to exploit Artifact and then cry how its DCUO's fault for them abusing it.

Youve insulted me for asking for things on a personal level.

You wanna know why DCUO isnt like FFXIV community-wise, because the lack of rules and players seeing their fellow players as competition/waste of time rather then an asset to build up.

(That isnt to say FFXIV community is perfect, i find the community outside of general help (more on the social RP side) to be disingenuous and full of platitudes they themselves don't truly believe while also trying to tell you they arnt RPing)

(DCUO is full of jerks, but at least they're genuine about how they feel)
    • Like x 1
  14. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I don't complain about people not knowing how to play their role or whatever. That's on them. I may use them in an example but that's more of underlying issue with the game itself than anything else.

It's not my job to come up with ways to make the DCUO playerbase better; that's all on the devs. If that was truly important, then the tutorials would be much better and the pay2win aspect would be less dramatic as far as an empty advantage goes as WillKillsM's post alludes to above.

You can't pigeonhole people into playing this game as you think they should; I don't. I don't put the burden of any aspect of this game on any player or group just the people responsible for it's development and growth (devs). But if you want to take the cheap shot and blame "players like me" for the many issues with DCUO, have at it; you're just as clueless as the rest of the close-minded pro-clamp fools.
    • Like x 1
  15. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I fear that you're right. And that's a shame. The stat clamp is quite possibly the one thing that will kill any desire or interest in running older content, despite how good the VA, storyline, or fun the content itself is.
    • Like x 1
  16. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Good grief what are you going on about? This is a video game, not the UN trying to figure out world peace and ending hunger.

When you take up such a weird position like this as you have in your comment above regarding a video game, you definitely need to step away and take a damn break. Yeesh.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ryuko is only trying to offer an example of the player bases between two games he plays, along with his experiences in dealing with those varying player bases.

There’s no need to lash out at him.
    • Like x 2
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Don't feed the _____.
  19. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I'm calling it as I see. The example was off off-base and irrelevant.

I'm getting really tired of solowing's ad hominem replies.
    • Like x 1
  20. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Indeed. You'd think I'd know better by now. It's starting to bring out the gamefaqs poster in me...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.