Test Discussion Tier 3 Ally adjustment Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Oct 1, 2021.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Not quite the right forum for this, but I figure this is the best place to get Dev eyes on an issue with Allies in general:

The only reason I haven't purchased an Ally with real world money at this point is because it's terribly frustrating when you summon them and they do nothing. Out of the ten or so times I summoned Flash tonight, he just stood there for three of them.

However, tonight I realized that it's possible that some of this behavior is my fault. I was thinking back to a week or so ago when another player was talking about going into Invisibility/Stealth, and that seemed to screw up the Ally's appearance.

Tonight (on Live), each time that Flash decided to be a dud, I'd hit Grandeur within a few seconds (sometimes before, sometimes after). It's possible that the Hate-Dropping aspect of Grandeur (and perhaps other such abilities) are screwing with the Ally's ability to figure out what to target. If you've dropped low enough on a Boss's hate list to get him to look away, maybe it does the same for your Ally? Just a shot in the dark, but I figured it was worth mentioning...

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 2
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The cooldown reduction is nice, but uhm, the LOW fixed amount of heal makes it quite a bit less useful to the task it's intended to fulfill. If you're set on this performance metric, is there a chance you guys can at least restore the critical chance to it so it can be improved upon somewhat if the player themselves take the initiative to spend those SP on it?

Also, for my money - as literally the only living user of Venom Wrist Dispenser remaining - a 12 second final cooldown would be nice so it lines up directly with the cooldown of the Weapon Buff itself.

I suggest these changes because in its current "no 100K Heal state" I can't see anyone but a Melee DPS being interested in this in the first place, but the way it works now makes it less than adequate to that specific task. Coupled with the fact that Aggressive Protection STILL doesn't work, aside from its graphics and sound effect, and it's a little disheartening trying to play a melee character.

I say this especially since all conventional logic for Might Powersets indicates that closer range = better damage, but survivability is virtually non-existent for non-Rage melee characters in Elite content or end game. Improving this heal (or fixing the long-awaited "only actual reason I bother keeping six Elite slots on my character" Aggressive Protection Mod) isn't going to make anyone invincible, but it would open up some options and it would be nice to participate without just doing the Bow-nny Hop over and over and over again. Food for thought.
    • Like x 1
  3. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

In the October 7th hotfix, they changed FP Batman to something other than what was suggested in the OP.

It has the 12 second cool down you desire, but, still, that heal is atrociously minute, at least to me, and comes without the requested critical chance. At least the original heal kept me alive. For the job and more importantly, the cost, I'd like to see something closer to 50% of precision or 40% of health. If they move the mechanic back to precision, they can prevent tanks from getting a large heal, and it would feel a little more viable for melee precision. Otherwise, this heal is too weak for me to justify leveling it anymore.

I also don't see much difference in the defense stat boost, before the most recent changes, that makes it worth leveling FP Batman for the reason of meleeing as it never brought me to 80k defense with my gear, which is still super squishy. I guess tanks might like to use him for raids for 4.9% defense, but I'm unimpressed as a healer. This passive just doesn't interest me as a healer.
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

I have a question about Diana’s passive pull/debuff. If you are using the lasso artifact, it states it does not “pull” targets so do you get the passive ability prod or not when using the iconic pull? And my second question is does the passive proc with atomics 360 degree pull since it says in the description “pull”. There is not a debuff icon for the pulls passive ability so there’s no way to tell if it is working or not.