Test Discussion Tier 3 Ally adjustment Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Oct 1, 2021.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I'm wondering if this was my inconsistencies I was noticing in my initial testing. I couldn't tell a damage increase on some of the pets. I guess it's not applying if there is no pets out during the proc.

Is this intended or a limitation?
  2. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Hey guys being testing the heals side of things for this ally and the dps x2 pulse heals are better than the counter heals by x10!:
    see video:
    02:01- the heals from passive are barely over 10k.
    04:50- the dps passive heals are huge!
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry for being picky, but 5 times not 10 (19k and 98k), so exactly as stated in the description 4% for a passive skill and 20 percent for an active one ... considering that the CD of the ally is 90 and the internal CD of the passive skill is 30 seconds, then for the same time we get 12% versus 20%, which in the end will give us 60% of healing with a passive skill in comparison with an active one ...
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Currently it's... both? The text will be updated to say only active pets IF we can't figure out a better way to buff any pets that come in during that buff window. Right now it's dicey but we're looking into it.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Understood.

I suppose that we can make do with what we have at hand, though in real world situations might mean a net loss in the heat of the battle. Especially if your pet needs to be resummoned either by it dying or you get transformed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was just trying this scenario out with Suppressor Turret.

If I summon Suppressor Turret with Amulet active, I'll get the damage buff. If I immediately blow up Suppressor Turret and resummon a new Suppressor Turret, the new Turret will not get the damage buff until the old buff has expired.

So trying to maintain this buff in the real world will be challenging in instances where there are transformation mechanics or pet survivability is low.

For Hear My Call to work well, you also need a reliable way to inflict damage on yourself. Amulet works for that purpose. If you don't want to use Amulet though, trying to take damage and stay alive can be a risky endeavor in Elite content.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

That is the main reason why I didn't like the take damage stipulation. In all content, trying not to get hurt is preferred.

I don't want to use LA artifact.
    • Like x 4
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

Is there some potential issue with resummoning just triggering a refresh? Is it handled differently than say a PI's base, like Burning?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This ties into an earlier post where I mentioned that any pets summoned after the passive activates won't receive the damage boost.

The impression I get is that there maybe some tech or engine limitations that prohibits more selective pet damage buffing. It could also just be due to the way the conditional for the passive is setup.
    • Like x 2
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

There is tech limitations but we were able to get a request in that seemed reasonable and actionable where we can at least have any qualifying pets summoned in that proc window to get the buff too. Fingers crossed we have it in time and if we don't, we'll just update the ability later with the new tech.
    • Like x 6
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Combat Suture's effectiveness decreases remarkably in Stat Clamped content.

Let me provide an example from Gotham Under Siege:
    Clamped Health: 15081
    Clamped Precision: 2396
    Combat Suture Heal: 206

A couple of tap attacks or even a single hold weapon attack from regular open world mobs does more damage than what I get from the heal.

Compare that to Flashpoint Gotham:
    Health: 209587
    Precision:33534
    Combat Suture Heal: 39603

So while Stat-Clamped, Combat Suture heals me for 1.3% of my Health. In regular end-game, it heals me for 18.9% of my Health.

Is this passive only supposed to be relevant at endgame?
    • Like x 3
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    So a level 180 Mystic Symbol of the Seven is supposed to "increase Healing Received by 10%" . I was interested in seeing how that would interact with a Level 10 Combat Suture.

If I swap in Mystic Symbol of the Seven, I see 50009 non-Crit heals with Combat Suture in Flashpoint Gotham. Without Mystic Symbol of the Seven, I see 42221 non-crit heals.

Is this working correctly? That is a 18.4458% increase.
  13. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

I'm curious, I read that some detective is being adjusted to flat percentage. Do you still have to use the precision buff to activate? If so that's bogus IMHO as that was the issue for some in the beginning. As might it's a hassle.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Sole Detective is the Defense Buff. Combat Suture is the healing passive.

Combat Suture still requires a Weapon Buff to activate and heals for a flat percentage now. What I was seeing in testing is that the Precision stat element caused a lot of complications because of Stat Clamping. The heal varied wildly in performance because of the way Precision scales in clamped and endgame content.

As for the Might players, I think the argument you will get is that a passive may not be intended for all players. Combat Suture in particular is targeted at Precision players that utilize a Weapon Buff. The cooldown on Combat Suture was tweaked so it is easier to use with Weapon Buffs.
    • Like x 2
  15. Gambo323 Level 30

I just want to know if quantum tunnelling works with Diana breakout bonus "Don't Weaken" support ability and if not should it be because it works the same as just hitting block.
  16. Whodini Well-Known Player

I really don't care for the damage proc for Hear My Call. I'm a range DPS so getting hit isn't always in the cards in a raid setting.
    • Like x 1
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

????

Why???

That still makes it is useless for most people.

Unless you are a Tank or use the Amulet..... no one goes out of their way to take damage.

You usually let the Tank take the damage and stay out of harm's way.

Is this Ally intended for Tank characters only???
    I would say probably not since originally it also worked for Sorcery at first.
    • Like x 3
  18. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I'm not happy with the changes to FP Batman. A 22.5k heal (based on achieving around 90k precision as an estimate at level 10 at a rate of 25% of precision) every 20 seconds is not worth $200. At level 10, OP has the cooldown dropping to 15 seconds, but the weapon buff last for 20 seconds. The incentive for level 10 is the desire to hit my weapon buff early for a heal that's comparable to 10% of my health (it's actually 11.25%)? That might be fine for players who use Venom Wrist Dispenser and want to hit their weapon buff more often. According to Mepps (in the Allies: Updated Tooltips thread), the difference between level 9 and 10 for the healing percentage is 5%. Now why would I want to shell out all that ally favor for a 4500 heal (this rhetorical question obviously assume your FP Batman is level 9)?

The comparable ally is Calculator Bot, who at max level, will give me a 10k heal (5% of 200k health) every 20 seconds, and the only thing I need to do is take damage (well that's why I want the heal). FP Batman is dramatically more costly to level and requires 2 additional types of catalysts to breakthrough, and I would only get an extra 12.5k heal (based on current numbers)?

My suggestion is to increase the heal noticeably for the price or change the method by which we receive the heal (maybe something akin to small heals based on damage out or damage in during a window of time - just spit-balling). For the price, I do not feel awkward requesting a big heal because I want my money's worth.

As it stands with changes, I have no real incentive to care about leveling FP Batman anymore. The defense buff (not presented in the OP) sounds great for tanks, but it's not noticeable, at least to me, as a DPS or healer. Instinctively, a healer is most likely in a group, and now we're talking about $200 for 7.5% defense? How would making my 68k defense (estimate) jump up to ~73k defense be worth $200? You know what I'd be happier with? If I could equip FP Batman and use both of his passives at the same time AND have him be the combat ally.
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Allies need to become part of our Armories so that we can switch depending upon our role. Some Allies are better than others for Tanks vs. Heal vs. Troll vs. DPS.
    • Like x 5
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I think in an #ASKDCUO they mentioned they are looking into that as a feature.

I do agree, as it's kind of annoying swapping them. lol