Test Discussion Tier 3 Ally adjustment Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy again everyone, we have some more adjustments to Tier three allies

Reworked Hear My Call so it now activates when you take damage. 30s cooldown. 20s buff duration. Damage bonus rescaled back to:
    • Rank 6 - 3% -> 5%
    • Rank 7 - 4% -> 6%
    • Rank 8 - 5% -> 7%
    • Rank 9 - 6% -> 8%
    • Rank 10 - 7% -> 10%
    All pets other than trinket combat pet Turrets and Allies can be affected by this buff.
    Unlike Source Shard’s Godwave Strength, there is no limit in the affected number of pets other than they are your own pets and not group mate pets.

Learnaea’s Amulet can trigger this proc when damaging its owner.

Flashpoint Batman

Will now blink closer to targets to better use his grenades.
    Added cooldown reduction to Flashpoint Batman's Passive 2
    Combat Suture
    Rank 6 - 30 seconds
    Rank 7 - 27 seconds (3 second decrease)
    Rank 8 - 24 seconds (3 second decrease)
    Rank 9 - 20 seconds (4 second decrease)
    Rank 10 - 15 seconds (5 second decrease)
    Sole Detective
    Party buff now properly falls off after a few seconds of not being in a party

Flashpoint Wonder Woman (Queen Diana)

Take that Take that now properly will apply to all targets and will refresh its duration on targets that you have re-pulled before the debuff wears off.

Please let us know what your thoughts are on these adjustments.
    • Like x 5
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I can dig it. Aquaman is prepped and ready. Should make every pet user happy really
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

This is sounding much better than previous iterations. I enjoy that it is not just limited to tray pets, but trinket pets as well. Though I'm not a fan of the damage stipulation, because in a situation with a tank, you might not get hit at all if your team is good enough. I'll do some testing tomorrow. But I see this as a positive result and has perked my ears again to wanting to buy it.
    • Like x 3
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When does the cooldown apply?

Is it starting after the buff procced or after the buff duration is over?
  5. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I’m glad hear my call is being reworked but why the taking damage stipulation?

Can it just buff the pets automatically once every 60 seconds?

It’s counterproductive to gameplay because you would be seeking damage instead of trying to avoid it.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Does not work on trinket pets. So tray and artifact ones only. Pretty sure I'm reading that right lol
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You'll always take damage and if it was just a constant passive, it would be so op for a pet build. So unless they nuke the percentage, it can't be 100% uptime
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Well no comma, so I read it as combat pet trinkets turret, but yeh, I'll test it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

It should work on henchmen, sidekicks, combat pets, artifact pets, iconic power pets (robot sidekick), powerset pets, etc. it has the same limitations on pets as Source Shard Godwave has (not working on allies or the trinket turrets).
    • Like x 6
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I just checked and can confirm Charon's words, the buff works on combat pets, sidekick, henchmen, artifact pets (foul language robo and little Cthulhu;) )
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks Charon. I read it as excluding allies and turrets.

I was doing some testing, it's very hard to see the increase in damage. There doesn't seem to be any indication on when it procs upon damage. I suppose it could be on cooldown and it makes for negligible differences with or without it.

I was first doing the Iceberg Lounge up to pengbot and leaving and redoing it. This really made it difficult to tell, because of his shielding between hitting. (And for some reason, eventhough I was hard locked on an enemy it kept switching to the barrel, which I didn't want to hit at all. Could be on my end.) I then switched to Hank in Doomed Met and got a better look at it and between each parses (using log analyzer) it was inconsistent and I think my problem was that the pets are also inconsistent on their attacks. Quislet and Suppressor Turret kept fighting each other in a dps scoreboard battle and Mother Box was like, will you guys stop and just lasered away to always on top, but the difference between parses came to about maybe +/-100dps out of about 2500ish for about 25-30 second battle. (I wasn't trying to survive, I wanted to get hit, so dead around 30 seconds. lol) Since this is a clamped area, it might be skewing my output, but I doubt it, since pets are clamped to your CR.

After some testing, my impressions are that getting your Ally to rank 10 for a 10% buff is really expensive, but it doesn't overpower it to make it a must have. I do wish it was the first passive, not the second one. (And it being 15% would make more sense to me at rank 10.) I am definitely interested in picking this one up, maybe next paycheck.

Now about that in game option or account wide redeem options...

Edit: Also, when is Ranmaru going to be part of the devs tracker? :( Poor guy has been here a while and can never get in the cool kids area.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Larnaea's Amulet triggers buff, I tried earth battle tank, and with Shard, Grim, Larnaea's Amulet artifacts, and my results are more stable and more noticeable ...
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks, I don't want to use that artifact so I went with a more realistic approach I would on live, but it definitely was something I thought to do for just testing purposes.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Now about that indeed. Nubia coming out as a tier 3 with such a powerful passive has only made the question more pressing.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Well dang, that's even better. I love being wrong
    • Like x 1
  16. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I didn’t say 100% up time or even imply that. In fact I plainly said the opposite so I’m not sure where that came from.

What I said was that I’d like to see it be automatic. That =/= 100 percent uptime.

But you contradicted yourself in your own reply. You said “you’ll always take damage”. So if you’re always taking damage, according to you, then you’ll always be resetting the buff anyways, right?
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Is Sole Detective working correctly in this video?

0 seconds - I'm ungrouped. My Defense is 69,765 due to the 15% boost
    10 seconds - I'm invited to a group.
    20 seconds - My Defense reverts to its base 60565 stat
    30 seconds - My Defense stat changes to 64911 due to the 7.5% boost.

Should it take 20 seconds for my Defense stat to change to its correct value? Also, why does it revert to its unbuffed value for 10 seconds?

The person that invited me to the group didn't move at all. They were standing in the House of Legends Foyer with direct line of sight to me.

EDIT:
    I had the other player run around breaking line-of-sight and seeing how it would affect my Defense stat. I kept seeing the behavior I observed above. When the player broke line-of-sight, my Defense stat would be reduced to its base for several seconds and increase back to its 15% value after a while. When the player came back into line of sight, my Defense stat would be reduced to its base for several seconds and receive its 7.5 boost after a while.
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I found an interesting bug from the recent pet trinket changes. It is possible to give a powerset pet a permanent 10% damage boost.

Here are the instructions:
    1. Summon Robot Sidekick
    2. Summon a T3 pet trinket like Controlled Starro
    3. The 10% damage bonus that is supposed to go to Starro goes to Robot Sidekick instead.

That damage bonus remains in effect until Robot Sidekick is destroyed.

Here is an example:

As CR 33, Robot Sidekick does 57-61 damage per tick with its Basic Ranged Attack. When I summon a T3 pet at 33 seconds, its damage increases to 64-68 per tick.

Please note that all of this happened without Hear My Call being equipped. I was wondering why I was seeing a 20% damage boost while testing Hear My Call and this is the reason.

EDIT:
    After doing some further testing, I've discovered that T3 pets are buffing whatever happens to be out at the time including allies.
    • Like x 1
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Setup:
    1. I'm in combat and have Lernaea's Amulet equipped.
    2. I summon Robot Sidekick.
    3. I use an attack to inflict a self Damage Proc to give Robot Sidekick a damage boost
    4. I immediately summon a T1 pet trinket like Controlled Starro.

Should the buff be applied to Controlled Starro too? At the moment, it doesn't.

Even if you receive another damage proc, Controlled Starro won't receive the damage buff.

Instead, you have to wait for the buff to end on Robot Sidekick. Then when the passive is off cooldown, the next damage proc you receive will give the buff to both Robot Sidekick and Controlled Starro.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This has been happening since the first days of the 41 DLC test (I wrote about this effect back then (in the topic about allies, since there was a suspicion that Aquaman's passive skill works this way ...) ... but no one wanted to react to this ...) , the enhancement works only on 2 pets at the same time (for example, if you have 2 artifact pets and one iconic robot active, then only 2 out of 3 will receive enhancement, also with henchmens only 2 henchmens ...), if I remember well the enhancement level of 2 random pets depended from the tier of a combat trinket pet (t3 10%, t2 5%, t1 0%), I don't know if this is so now ...
    • Like x 1