SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

DCUO launched Jan 11 2011
    DCUO went F2P Oct 1 2011
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I said arguably because even though it went F2P, DCUO was very restrictive to non-paying players. Either way, the model of the game has no relation to why the difficulty of the content is so bad.
    • Like x 2
  3. Sword- New Player

I don't think it costs the devs anything other than some imagination to do something a bit more creative, its a team effort at the end of the day, so they don't necessarily need to go overkill with particle effects and complex animations as they might not have the staff or experience, but at the same time they could definitely do something more interesting than 1 shots ans draw inspiration from other MMOs. Room mechanics would work really well with DCUO's 3D design - I would argue that they have already shown themselves to be capable of room mechanics in the 4 man content like Royal War Alert with the floor symbols, so implementing things like this into the raids so the raid fights aren't just dps checks would be in the realm of possibility for DCUOs staff.
    • Like x 3
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You must not have gotten the memo that I got. You are not allowed to be mad at anything that DCUO changes.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Perhaps they will. I think Ep. 42 is going to be an awesome dlc.
  6. zNot Loyal Player

We hope so especially since mepps said it will be a traditional RAID focused episode.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That’s very adult of you, thank you
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

You just don't get it, man. They're entitled to be entitled because they do, leik, elitez and stuff.
    • Like x 6
  9. Sword- New Player

I would definitely like to see a harder difficulty options than elite, I'd be really brutal and ask for a challenge mode where artifacts and pay to win features are disabled so its purely skill/teamwork based. It feels a bit disingenuous that the devs have added a difficulty stage system, yet give players who speedrun Stage 1 access to virtually the same rewards as Stage 5, when this system is reintroduced in Episode 42, there needs to be more incentive to run the highest stages. One of the things that bothers me is with feat titles aswell, hard feats that require strong teamwork and dedication should have a little more value to the players that go for them. The devs disproportionately award titles to the easiest feats to accomplish so most players can get them, but that often neglects the endgame players of having anything to show for their accomplishments which is unfair on the players that put the most work into the game. Catering to casual players needs to be balanced alongside appropriately rewarding the most dedicated players and the balance isn't quite there at the moment. A harder difficulty mode with hard feats that have titles to show, maybe even in the form of an event like Survival Mode, would be really healthy for DCUO. And as for speedhackers, the devs are hard pressed to find excuses not to consider one of the many server based anti-cheat options, they need to get on board with this when they work on the PS5 client to make speedhacking more difficult and easier for the server to detect and make less mistakes like the Patchwork/31st bounty circles of hell that incentivize speedhackers in the first place.
    • Like x 3
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Isn't it a little immature to disregard other people's opinions and critiques because they don't align with yours? I don't agree with everyone's complaints but silencing them will not fix the problem.
    • Like x 3
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Lmfao!
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Perhaps a scaling difficulty range for elite or perhaps entirely new categories like Hard Core and Extreme? Both are more difficult that Elite with Extreme being the absolute most challenging for those who have achieved full Elite gear.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

We all deserve to have a opinion, even if we dont agree. Its just some people take them personally if we dont.
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Well unfortunately then, it seems not much has changed since 2011 for you. Including age.
  15. NotMeMaybe Active Player

What about you learn how to avoid oneshots, is that a good tip? No need to thank me it's a pleasure.
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'm curious as to why forum avatars have some grander meaning behind them to you?
    • Like x 3
  17. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Why devs never participate in every discussion about end-game difficuly but as soon as someone is crying to get a Dr fate helmet then devs jump here.

Btw can't finish inner sanctum elite, we can't talk to batman at last boss he disappears, and guess what ? the raid doesn't feel elite at all. Another raid 2 in a row that is completely broken a lot of fun to play DC
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Hopefully Daybreak will invest more resources into DCUO to expand upon all of the current and future content. They could use the Omnibus for this to choose your level of Elite, Hard Core, or Extreme for those who don’t find Elite challenging enough. It just takes time, money, and talent. I believe they have the talent.
    • Like x 1
  19. NotMeMaybe Active Player

What do you mean by traditional raid dlc, a dlc more oriented into Raids and not too much on solos or duos that noone really cares anyway?
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

So my choice of avatar represents what I roleplay as? Like if I had a Ra"s Al Ghul avatar, it would mean I'm roleplaying as a murderous psychopath? It's a forum, I reply to a multitude of people but you especially because your takes are always completely ridiculous and hilarious.
    • Like x 2