SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, i think all raids should be designed with specific formats in mind AND they should have un-avoidable mechanics requiring the format be followed too.
    Thats a design hi g not an “elite is too easy” thing tho
    • Like x 1
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'd love if we could actually get numbers concerning retention and what not for specific Episodes. A lot of players say they quit (often out of anger or simply to create a dramatic reaction) but they're always on the next day or straight up keep playing. I had a bunch of friends ***** about OC and claim they would quit and what not, those suckers were back online the next day or actually never left.

Same with stat clamping, a whole lot of people screaming that they're quitting but they actually stay or come back in a few days. There's a whole lot of crying wolf on these forums and in-game, lol.

Arguably, most and if not all of DCUO's Episodes have a big spike in returns but not in retention.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

many have complained about elite raids being too easy or the very least designed wrong.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I think the real answer is this thread. Where are they putting the design of content to. That's what is telling.

I think it definitely affected specific parts of end game. An example would be, shields no longer block boss attacks, since players were generating group shield SCs at a fast rate, they combatted it by changing the mechanics thus negating what a shield is. Which tbh, is a problem on the devs' oversight.

Yeah, pendulum adjustments is a huge problem and a lot of it is in reaction to threads like this. (Normal or elite, doesn't matter, same type of complaint.) If they stuck to their numbers, it would be a different story and only should adjust based on the majority feedback, not reactionary adjustments. Which are unavoidable, but sometimes it can be worse than leaving it alone. Exploit fixes come to mind, like Prime, Nexus LB, Dox EO, Throne, etc. Those made it harder for the ones trying to do it right.

Always the majority. The casual crowd are the whales, while the elite crowd are just replay whales. One is a humpback whale, while the other is a dolphin. Both are mammals, but only one is classified as a whale.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

They arent and i didnt say anywhere that only pre-made groups are completing. I said quite the opposite with myself as the example. I have seen it.
    The rite pug group can make it through with good teamwork and listening. Most however fail.
    As i said, im betting the data shows not even double digit % of attempts are successful.
    If u could seperate out speed hackers and exploit users/glitches etc im betting not even 5% are successful.
    Im speculating of course but unless u actually run in LFG made groups like most of us do, then you havent a clue what your talking about. Your again putting words in my mouth i never said and ideas i never suggested.
    Stop misrepresenting what i say in a feeble attempt to try an make it easier to attack. Its pathetic.
    I am making the arguemnt that elite mostly being completed by premade groups is NOT a problem, in fact, its evidence that elite is in a good state despite the claims the its too easy.
    If its too easy, then you dont need the premade groups, come run it with the rest of us since its too easy. Thats what i do. Want a challenge? There ya go, your welcome.
    Stack the most capeable team possible to you then come cry its too easy? Yea, ok….. theres no way to argue that as a elite prob, thats clearly a group stacking problem. Its on the level of pre-clamp. Used to be able to take endgame gear and walk in and solo prime. That doesnt mean prime is too easy, it means we were too OP. You get the same effect when you stack a group for elite. You go in as OP as possible then complain your OP essentially.
    Its mid-numbing how obvious this is, your arrogance blinds you tho
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

My entire league almost died during OC. No saying they would and be back on. No contact. Just gone. They were fed up with the fact the Iconic Anomalies were just TERRIBLE and the only content they could complete were the 2 VERY LONG and VERY PUNISHING alerts. Motivation was dropped.

OC had a lot of leagues disappear, at least PC side. PC also didn't have the door glitch for best gear in Dox, so maybe the fact a lot of players got best gear before it was "fixed" helped even out the difficulty, I don't know, but it was definitely a ghost town for us.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

You do need to consider that Paradox and nexus had only one difficulty nowadays we have elite so most players wont get the impact of difficult elite raids if we had another episode like OC.
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I see no evidence for too easy. Designed poorly i can agree with.
    Stacking a group as OP as possible then complaining its too easy just seems like the stupidest and laziest argument possible.
    Again, better design (especially requiring role combos as discussed in a dif comment) should be the focus of all raids imo
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Yes it did and that was the problem. :)
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Jesus, who hurt you? :D

Seriously though, you implied that he only completed Elite because of his "specisl elitist premade groups". To me, it sounds like you're implying that anyone outside of those parameter can't complete Elite. Maybe I'm wrong?

I don't know why you're so angry and bitter though.
    • Like x 1
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

How do you or anyone know that though?
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's weird because I didn't notice any unusual disappearances during OC in my league. Actually I saw more people leave during FP in my league than any other Episodes.
    • Like x 1
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Well Elite raids should be scaled higher (similiar to SM) which is a very simple thing to do and will mostly only effect the support rolls agreed? and then the second thing is that there should be more support rolls in a group and the elite raid should be designed towards Tanking difficulty (like old content used to be) and less about damage dealers. Agreed?

Those elitist groups are doing so well because they got insane Single target damage dealers that the average groups dont have. The way the devs are desiging the elite raids just contributes to this and makes it even easyier for them to complete but its the devs job to balance this and design it correctly.

In the very old content you could have good damage dealers but it would be meaningless since it was moslty about the support rolls (tanks,healers) which was a great design.
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Haha, thanks. You work at Chick-fil-A?
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Look at what sells by seeing what we get.

PC or PS? On PC, there were niche groups that formed leagues during that time and dissolved due to in fighting shortly after.

Keep in mind, I played through OC. I was too dedicated to the game to leave, but in hindsight, I probably should have taken a break at that time. I took a break recently because of some of the more recent real world problems (not just pandemic) and some of the interpersonal problems with a few members of the game I didn't want to log in when they were on. Though, there was one announcement that got me to stop playing and I wont go into it.
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I want a 6 piece chicken nugget with waffle fries and an iced tea please and meow.
    • Like x 2
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

We don't really have any data on this, it's just speculative and anecdotal for now.

PS, never really felt like OC had the worst player retention. But then again, I don't really have the numbers to know.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Who knows, PS really might have actually avoided the same fate as PC because of the huge exploit that went with it. So, maybe it's a matter of we are both right. PS might have ended up just like PC if they didn't have it and we would both be thinking the same thing.

I'll be honest, over the years of me saying OC was the worst DLC of the game and being in contention with players on the forums, I never really thought about if they were PS players and was judging it on what I saw PC side.

At least that put me into perspective. OC came out 8 years ago, but I still think BFE was better in design and content structure.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

I will quote what mepps said. After some people talked OC down and thats his response.

„ i think the comments about what DLCs caused population drops are overblown.
    Those drops always recovered a little while later and were always about a lot of different things (often just what competitors were launching).“

„Specifically for Origin crisis,the order of release of it and Sons of Trigon IMO accounted for most of the issues there - a lesson about what content should come first and a lesson about limiting types of content in any single Episode.
    That episode also performed tremendously well, still holds some all-time records ( i think - pandemic era might have broken everything)“

„The infamous pop drop after Origin crisis is remembered primarily because someone needed to fill another slide on an SOE Live panel eight or whatever years ago“

(Rest isnt related to this topic so didnt quote the last 2 sentences)
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Although I didn't see any major exodus from it, it doesn't surprise me it happened elsewhere, that Episode was bad.