SERIOUS problem with elite content in this game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 16, 2021.

1. NotMeMaybe Active Player

It's time for this game to add a difficulty that is much more challenging than elite difficulty, it's time to care about all your endgame customers Daybreak

Family Reunion elite has 0 but i mean 0 difficulty spike, no challenge at all, it seems like evry single elite content in this game is never tested before it gets released.

Why would you waste one of the best alert in the game and make it so ez that you can do it with your eyes closed, why elite difficulty never gets the attention it needs.

Same exemples with Fos2 elite not hard enough, just a broken last boss, it applies aswell for many of some old elite raids, i'm now worried again before going batcave inner elite that it's gonna be a cakewalk no-brainer rush raid...

Healers and tanks don't feel any difficulty it gets really boring, if the game continue in this way Daybreak what you have to do is let the normal difficulty as it is, let the elite difficulty as it is, and add a new HEROIC (exemple of a name for harder difficulty), that could be way harder than elite difficulty.
    • Like x 3
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Ive (and so many others after flashpoint dlc) been complaining about difficulty aswell for months specificly of support rolls and they design elite raid content thats very dps centric which already makes it easyier then a tanks/support roll centric design.

If we use 5 dps in a elite raid then the raid will be easyier and rushed/quick support rolls especially tanks and healers have become so strong and the devs seem to not realize how powerfull we actually are. Especially considering how insane the current single target damage is of precision and some might powers with a buff troll the 5 dps setup is just too OP.

A healthy way is to involve more support rolls while also increasing the overall difficulty for Tanks and healers significantly (2 tanks should be a must for elite raids for atleast one raid in a episode or for most of the bossfights)

Is it intented for us to complete elite raids day one with Previous episode stats/gear? Such a design is broken and unbalanced and takes any motivation away to grind gear/stats/sp. this issue is seriously driving so many people away from the game.

Raids are the most requested content so they should also get the deserved attention regarding elite raid difficulty, we just want a difficult elite raid the rest of the dlc can be easyier for the rest of the players but endgame players must have a very difficult elite raid to play and dedicate time and effort into theres a reason why origin crisis with the hardest ever released raids won the episode bracket list.

Also such high difficulty content should give some unique rewards.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Meanwhile elite content in FFXIV be like:

Not even Origin Crisis raids in their heyday come close to the level of creativity and difficulty in raids like these.

Maybe at this point we should have extreme raids. These are designed specifically for players who want a challenge, with the rewards only consisting of base items and companion pets, and 0 star feats. They could still drop renown like elite content perhaps - the same amount of renown however. They should be the hardest content DCUO has ever released, but still fun and interesting at the same time. These can cycle out like Save The Universe.

Examples of raid ideas I have written on the forums recently:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-raid-idea-combined-forces.317486/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-raid-idea-trials-of-the-source.317239/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...raid-idea-multiverse-of-gods-part-iii.316741/

I would probably trust Charon or Quixotic to pull off something like this, as the content will need to be interesting with distinct room phases, and not just copy-paste.

The reward for players like us will be the content itself, not what drops in the content.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

One thing that i disagree with is that you said the content itself is the reward not the drops but i think there should be rewards to actually motivate players to defeat such high difficult content and to rewards those that spend the time,skill,effort into defeating a very high difficulty raid.

Also such content has to be designed in a way to minimize succes of groups that do it with a speedhacker im sure there are some things they could do aswell to make sure speedhackers have almost no chance of being succesfull.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The issue with this game/community is that players are very entitled and will want the rewards from this content. If we gatekeep certain rewards that casual players want behind extremely difficult content the forums will be rife with complaint threads and the devs will have to nerf the content. Thus that will be undone and we will be left with another normal raid like what we have been used to in the last year.

I kinda wish we could have exclusive rewards for difficult content but I doubt it will ever happen at this point.
    • Like x 2
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its a development team that far larger, with a far larger budget, and its own IP to draw from.

Subscription Based MMO vs F2P MMO isnt really fair.

If a player drops their DCUO subscription, they can still play

Drop your FF14 subscription, you cannot login until you pay again.
    • Like x 4
  7. NotMeMaybe Active Player

@charon and other developpers haven't you said you understood your mistakes with Past DLC'(s), and that you were trying something new with implementing difficulty elite stages like in Flashpoint DLC?

You are doing the same thing over and over elite raids very ez to complete day 1 or even very first hour with previous dlc gear, no real strategies or struggle?

So where is the content for ppl who want to struglle in Raids, still not here dlc after dlc after dlc, no wonder how much time we ask, you are not listening to all your end-game crowd.

But as soon as someone ask for a new cape (even tho we have thousands of styles in the game), they are heard loud and clear.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The reality is FFXIV is DCUO's main competitor. And there are a lot of lessons to be learnt.

I can only imagine the chaos on the forums if a raid like one of the videos I posted made it to DCUO.

To be honest I am of the mindset that DCUO should never have gone F2P in hindsight. But that's just me.
  9. zNot Loyal Player

They have to accept it like they did in last 4 man SM,look at the last SM so many people participated because of the popular rewards if the devs want to involve many player regardless of if they are able to finish the elite raid or not is to put some unique rewards in there for those that complete it.
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I’m endgame and elite can go f…. itself. Quack!!

Elite is nothing but cheesy oneshots. Why have defense or health if you die by anything? That’s not fun.
    • Like x 3
  12. PHNTM Well-Known Player

They need to have a third tier of difficulty - Normal, Elite and Extreme. It needs to have more mechanics and be tested properly to avoid exploits. Make it so completion of said "Extreme" difficulty requires everyone in the group to be near max for gear, artifacts etc and to work extremely well as a team. Rewards can be introduced if needed but make then untradeable so it adds more rarity/value to the grind. Throw in a title too. Make a plaque somewhere with the leagues names of who completed said "Extreme" raid.

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to see who are the top leagues on the game and get them to test out these "Extreme" tier difficulty before releasing it to all.

All of the above would go a huge way to keeping the try-hards, elitists etc playing the game and spending money (if needing the best of everything to compete).
    • Like x 2
  13. zNot Loyal Player

You need to avoid it by moving/blocking/standing in the correct spot (which all takes skill,practice,effort) then you wont get one shot theres a reason why its called elite not regular,you are supposed to get K.O if you do it wrong. Defense and health shouldnt matter for mechanics otherwise it would be incredible underwhelming which is not the purpose of elite raids.
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Bird Clumps??!

[IMG]
  15. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

I don’t know if you have noticed yet, but every fight in this game follows a script, and the script can be figured out after some time. It usually takes me around 15 minutes to unveil the scripts (yes I am a slow learner). Once you know what that particular script is, it all comes down to get 7 more people to do what the game expects them to…

Want something really hard? Try to figure out if there’s a connection between quantum physics and relativity…
    • Like x 1
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

No matter the difficulty they give you as a team it will always be easy. Once you get the mechanics down. Stats revamp makes it so ur gear/sp aka stats absolutely do not matter when it comes to beating content all you need to know is the mechanics. This here is why dcuo will always be way too easy for experienced players plying together. And very hard on new players playing together or experienced players trying to pug with noobs. What you should be asking for is stats matter revamp
  17. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Sure by making the elite raids cakewalk over and over every dlc that doesn't help anything and doesn't make any sense, anyway devs never listening when we tell them elites raids are wrong, it's a weste of time and endless circle.

There is no sense of progression at all in endgame, artefacts are broken and make everyone OP, you can be a good tank not dying even if you are very bad, page of destiny is gonna save you and gonna save the healer if he's bad aswell.

Getting elite gear doesn't bring anything since elite raids are walkinthe park Day1, you don't even need new gear to complete the hardest stuff, when will the devs realize this? how many more years will we have to wait to get some challenging content like 10 years go when people didn't know how to play.

Now the raids are ez when people have a lot of experience artefcats etc, that doesn't make any sense.
    • Like x 1
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

You want special content just for you, but everyone else is acting entitled. I’m tired of paying my money for your special content.
    • Like x 11
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

DCUO was subscription based for years and arguably wasn't until recently. The elite content was always dog ****, we can't blame that on the game's model.
    • Like x 1
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Wait a minute... You think that the issue with this game is that the community is too entitled but then you wish to receive special rewards for the stuff you enjoy?

[IMG]
    • Like x 6