Stat clamping, first experience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Aug 30, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There was one wipe before said death, and that’s not even considering the instance timer was already running over 60 minutes when he joined. There’s perseverance, and then there’s flogging a dead horse.
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

While I hate the leave after 1 death types as much as anyone, I think it will become way more common in clamped content because no one actually needs it so why do something painful if you don't have to. If it was actual end game content and you get downed, you get up and you try again. Over and over because you want to beat new content. If I got into a wipefest in a clamped instance, I'd bounce too. And I'm the type that has stayed in 1 single fight for 4hrs countless times.
    • Like x 3
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Maybe leaving que up for something else would have made his statement a bit more believable huh? Cause I can tell you there is more to the story, like was the whole group there before you turned off your console or did others leave before you, cause that's a good motivation to leave yourself etc. And I hope you understand what I'm saying.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Sure, but that’s not the statement I called ignorant. The ignorant thing was chastising him for some imaginary refusal to play the mechanics, when he already stated in black and white that was not the case. You will not win anyone over doing that.
  5. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

So I see what you're saying, the problem sources aren't enough to make players want to engage in clamped old content, so seems to me that the developers should add more unique rewards for old content, cause that players are expecting out of new content correct?
    • Like x 1
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I'm not the chastising type so my apologies there to op, but however I do notice a pattern of players mentally psyching themselves out of stats clamp, it's like the slightest irritation that has been in DC for years is now a weapon they can use towards stats clamps.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For what it’s worth, I think it’s the omnibus that’s really at fault here. The journal missions and the quick play menu is suggesting to people that they can blind queue, like they might have done before the clamping.
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Personal opinion because I can't prove anything type answer:
    If someone wants source then they will run fos3 or dox over and over. Anyone that goes into any other raid is looking for something in particular like a collection or a feat or it is part of their progression. So if I needed a feat and I got into a group and they were just wiping constantly, I'm out because clearly they aren't capable. If I'm looking for a collection, I'm out for the same reasons. If I happened to be doing it strictly for source, I wouldn't be in anything else so I'm thinking that's common practice now. If it was part of my progression, I and I'm sure others would stick it out.

More rewards are nice. We had that save the universe event last year. I can not wrap my head around why it isn't being done like that again. Update all old dlcs to end game. Continue pushing new players to end game. Buff them to get into the old content they need, feats would pop aplenty. There wouldn't be as much wipefesting, the community wouldn't be as upset, and it could reward relevant items and old items same as now. Well, except now we still get crappy rewards mainly in old content.

Source is only something players want when there's something to spend it on. Pets are the thing right now. But plenty of us already have a slew of t3 pets so not partaking. They've opened the floodgates of source acquisition and either they need to cut it back or item prices will need to skyrocket to keep players running fos3 endlessly.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yeah NGL but the new ui is a bit all over the place, I had my issues with it during live, I do still use the old menu though, the best thing is the developers are still experimenting these changes, just continue to express your opinions so the developers can meet us all at a middle ground and make dcuo great again, the debates are unhealthy and healthy at the same time lol.
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

This how I look at it all, we're like rats on a wheel, we run to get that cheese which is rewards aka feats, collections, etc. What I think the developers should focus on is making old rewards easier to obtain and design a whole new chart of rewards for old content, for instance if you're looking for a specif feat like don't kill brainiac before the drones, then there should be a pop up vote menu for everyone and depending on the decision, the game will not allow you to kill brainiac unless you kill the drones. That will help with old feats, and they can do the same with pvp as well with bots replacing the remaining players. So I think new rewards will make old content better.
    • Like x 2
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes. Omnibus is not needed for Episode 41. What you want to follow is Save the Universe (which is what Episode 41 is). Omnibus is the Dev's attempt to get experienced players to queue up (thereby reducing queue times) and help inexperienced players learn the ropes and get through content. YOU don't need Omnibus, THEY do.
    • Like x 6
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Rats on a wheel is a perfect example. The community isn't inherently intelligent unfortunately. They complained and hated being run around in circles doing bounties. "It's the same thing over and over and over and we hate it wahwahwahhh. Oh hell yeah I'll run fos3 67 times tonight!"

Like what in the hell is wrong with people lol. We hate repetition then choose to be repetitive. And then burnout and boredom set in and the game goes ghost town
    • Like x 5
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yup, spot on. Hit the hide option on omnibus and that's it. No need to do it, not tied to end game at all and the rewards are weak compared to just doing the fos3 spam.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Facts lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

From what I can see, soloes, duos and alerts are working fine. The next thing the developers need to do is ask themselves how they want raids to be played. If they want people to make groups, then either raid missions need to be removed or merged into the alert mission (i.e, do 3 alerts OR raids). If they want people to blind queue, then adjustments need to be made to the clamp.
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm going to do the math tonight but I'm pretty sure that you can just log in and collect the free coin and run the elite solo for 3 grains and skip the alert and still finish the dlc by the end. Between double/ triple and raid payouts it should work but you would have to log in every day. But I'd rather not have to miss a day than wait 20 to 30mins for a que to pop to run a 20 to 30 min alert
    • Like x 1
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Totally agree.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In nawanda's post, he mentioned that people were not popping the pods, meanwhile Proxy's video CLEARLY shows Proxy popping the pod. The point: If mechanics are followed the content can be beat with ease, even with bad players. The reason nawanda was likely one shot even though he was blocking....because no one else payed attention to popping the pods before the controlled NPCs got out, which makes Braniac stronger. That's a mechanic of the fight (it's part of a feat also). Before the recent changes people began to overgear the content and just skipped the mechanic. You can't ignore it anymore.

Having said that, if those mechanics are followed (breaking pods and all that) and people still get one shot through a block, then something is broken and it needs to be reported so they can fix it.
    • Like x 2
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There is zero indication that failure to destroy the pods does anything except give the group a digitised Supergirl/Zod to deal with. That’s still an issue with the content in my opinion.
  20. JSnaples Committed Player

They really need to remove this garbage *** stat clamping. I haven't even played dc the last few days and I usually love playing dcuo. Past few days I havent even cared to play or even attempt to queue up for anything because of the clamp...you know its bad when theres multiple threads on the forums about it. Theres been probably 20 to 30 threads in the past week over clamping. If that doesnt show how controversial this update is I dont know what does. Lots of videos on youtube about it too and not in a good way. This update has killed dcuo for me