Stat clamping, first experience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Aug 30, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If anyone is so determined to force this new paradigm through intact that they’re willing to declare war on the human condition itself to do so, they can have at it. Because clearly nothing I can say will ever persuade them otherwise.
    • Like x 1
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I did the ominous thing myself because what the journal said. I end up in The Throne of the Dead, fresh start. Explain what to do on first boss. It took me back when Throne was new, same issue. Tanks didn't know how to single out essence, so everything became a cluster f***. People quickly left after one wipe. Our healer wasn't the best, so I switch to healer to help keep people alive, but nothing change, already knew it was a lost and left.

Experience I didn't enjoy when Throne was new, definitely didn't enjoy it all over again. Can't make people learn.
    • Like x 4
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

Well I didn’t die in block before the stats clamp. I haven’t been in there as CR204 for years. Of course I am blaming it on the stats clamp.
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Queued into a raid. 65 minutes in. People not blocking. I blocked. I got one shot. It was clearly a hopeless situation. It’s not just the one death. Please consider the bigger picture of the scenario I explained. I am not a leave after one death person. For one thing, it was two wipes.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Haha, to be fair, people were probably not really wanting to learn either, they're do busy thinking everything is still "pew pew pew" they need time to adjust to the fact, the mechanics must now be obeyed, some of these raids are going to require a little more time.

If the people aren't receptive to learning then there's no harm is jumping off the ship, you have to know when to cut your losses.

Just queue again and get something different
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I suggest the problem was a bit more than just "the stat clamp system is broke", did you watch my video?
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Were you at full health when you blocked? It would be helpful as others mentioned above to take a look at the combat log and see the damage you took. I remember in BBS there is a bunch of stuff going on, with lasers, AOE, the skull. I seem to remember at level back then you would die when blocking if you didn't have enough health when blocking.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah might've just been inadvertently hit by something else at the same time. **** happens sometimes.
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Really? Then how did people beat the content before we overgeared it???
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah because that’s good game design.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, it can be frustrating, but then again, random is random, it happens and has happened for 10 years now, stat clamping certainly isn't the issue :D

You'd have to have systems in place that recognize a skull attack is taking place and then ensure nothing else happens at that moment, not sure the games capable of it or even that it really should.

I mean think about it, the boss skull attacks and everything else just pauses for those 3 seconds to let you block? Realistically the skull attack is there to indicate you must attempt to block and should block, not that you'll be successful and that the game will just always "let you".
    • Like x 3
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

As Khalon said. The only issue I see in that scenario is players lacking patience but while my experience running pugs is in my experience .Players will put up with bad tanking, healing, burn, etc as long as there is progress. If you’re wiping more than once on s specific part, that’s when players start leaving. Now with that being said if the tank communicates that he realized his mistake. Then players will usually give them another chance. Some players will volunteer to switch places with them if they’re a dual role player. Ultimately it depends on the group and the players in said group. Some players have zero patience but most have more patience than you think.

Players learning how to be better is not a bad thing however. That’s one less player that relies on being carried to beat content.
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thats not that clamp its the player, my throne run was buttery smooth.
    • Like x 3
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Without stat clamping, you could go in over levelled and avoid that frustration.

And absolutely if a game demands you perform a certain action, it should let you actually perform said action. I can’t believe anyone would think otherwise?!
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Probably because you had 2 tanks and not 8 DPS who pretended to queue as healers. :D
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah because that’s good game design. :p

It does let you perform the action, it's just there's nothing to say you won't also then randomly get block broken, or something else happens, the skull attack is just an instruction that a big hit is coming that you need to do something about, it isn't an indication at all that everything else going on just ceases for that period.
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

need a face palm emoji, did I say anything about the clamp?
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What if he can’t improve? What if there is no tank power dps with a tank armoury?
  19. Proxystar #Perception

You thought it, that was enough :) Haha just kidding.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I dunno, again, i didnt read anything malicious into it. Its about the group being good and doing mechanics etc. 1 player aint making or breaking the runs n most cases.