Stat clamping, first experience

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Click Play and explain to me why you think I had that experience and why the OP had theirs? Instance or Players?

• Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You had two healers and people were still dying in droves. I can’t tell if they were blocking or not, but still. Even if they weren’t, maybe people like the OP only had one healer because that’s all the ominbus/queue will guarantee you.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

So you're acknowledging that it's the players in the instance, not the instance itself, good :)
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe if you only had one healer, people would have been killed through block?
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps, but I'd assert it would hinge entirely also on the skill of said single healer, so again imo, player(s) not instance.
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Being killed through block by a normal raid mechanic that cannot be avoided is not typical behaviour. I doubt that was ever intended, even when it was endgame. I certainly don’t remember that happening at the time.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

To be honest, i don't think anyone in my group was blocking hence, why they were also dying a lot, the difference is probably also things like pick ups and complying with other mechanics like burning the pods (or at least the ones that I was)
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh probably not. But I know the OP in game. You can trust him when he said he blocked and died anyway.

To be honest, I don’t think failing this mechanic should kill you if you’re clamped. Heavy damage to be sure, but not instant death. More like 80-90%. You still can’t ignore it, but you should get a little leeway. This is a perfect example of those “think fast!” mechanics that I prefer to out level, because I just don’t have the reflexes.

Especially since your edit acknowledged that well meaning players can be blindsided by it while doing other things.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I 100% agree you can fix the damage output if the damage from the skull attack is killing through a block, if it is. We'll take the OP's word for it, I'm not going to say they're being untruthful, but this doesn't mean the stat clamping system itself is broken, which was the intent behind my video, because too many of these threads and posts don't target the feedback directly but rather, in error, target the system as a whole, as being at fault. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m still not against clamping as a concept. Been doing some tier one solos, duos and even alerts, it’s been nice not having to hold back, lest I kill something so fast the instance locks up. But I still have concerns, as do many others. Try to give people the benefit of the doubt more, and we can get things ironed out faster.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

On that one i dont think solo is belittling anyone. There are absolutly ppl who solely relied on good players carrying them and its fact that the clamp
    Exposed this. Thats stating an objective truth. Its not belittling, its telling the truth. Facts dont care about feelings and if someones feels get burnt because someone else told the truth, i’d advise them that it “hit home” an hurt their feels for a reason.

Its not the only thing this did and solo aint saying everyone struggling is exposed as a bad player etc. but fact is fact. This did in fact expose SOME people as bad players that relied on stats or the stats of others an now they cant as much.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I am one of those players, and despite the fact that I already knew this, pointing it out so bluntly is hurtful.
    • Like x 1
  13. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

There are too many games out there to enjoy for the devs to tick people off and give them a reason to move on. I don’t necessarily hate this update but man, this feels like a true threat to a game I enjoy.
    • Like x 3
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Are you telling me you quit because of 1 death that you believed were bugged and blamed that on stats clamp, you can be maxed Cr gear but you better dodge Brainiac's, Darkseid's, Trigon's attacks or you will die my friend.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

More of that pro-clamper ignorance I keep seeing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

How is it ignorance @9001BPM
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Because that attack can’t be dodged. You HAVE to block it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I was speaking on a general language of the MMO Genre so yes in DC it's block.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So he blocked as he was supposed to, died anyway and got angry at DCUO’s chronic QC issues, not the difficulty. But you responded to this perfectly reasonable position with a passive aggressive remark.
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Because he didn't seem like he was in it to win, let me ask you who quits after one death?, I see that behavior all the time and it's fustrating when pugging, one person dies then such and such left the group. Lmao

Also what makes it worse is he is blaming it on stats clamp.