This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thats quite a stupid claim to make.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Changing your mind, because it's not that much of a big deal in the application of it, isn't giving up, it's actually just a sign of logical and rational maturity.

Stomping ones feet on the ground and wailing about it, isn't going to change anything, the writing was on the wall given the extent of changes the developers were focusing on, anyone who thought they were going to bail on these changes and dial it back were delusional and remain so if they thing this is getting reversed because of a few vocal forumites.

It made and continues to make absolute sense to keep the clamping reasonable, there were people that wanted it clamped even harder than this, so be grateful more of us were actually wanting it kept reasonable, if you're upset with this, bear in mind it could have been much worse, if even any level of clamping is unacceptable.

This really isn't as bad as many people are attempting to make out, but that's because there's a motive for the anger, they're holding out hope still that if the scream enough it might be reversed, which is wishful thinking.
    • Like x 1
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is the part you 'splain to me my experiences on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  4. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Wanna know who is enjoying this update right now but actual supporting players speed hackers no loot lockout galore going on rn btw. Let's wait for no action to be taken as usual

There's your improved players nice huh they got so good
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Maybe JUSSSSSTTTT maybe, its what you say that people disagree with.
    [IMG]
    Hard to believe i know, the uneducated masses know not more then you.
    • Like x 4
  6. Civil Well-Known Player

Being aussie, it takes me hours to make premaids, I don't want to teach every single soul in the game how to do every instance. I'm doing the develpers job at that point.
    • Like x 1
  7. Civil Well-Known Player

Your only point is update good. what are you on about, have you read anything I've said?
    • Like x 2
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  9. Civil Well-Known Player

making gearing even easier then before when it was already easy isnt a good update. People saying people who don't like state clammping cause their lazy say that ****. You being unable to gear and now can gear up ez asf is lazy.
  10. Civil Well-Known Player

no, it just means you like everyones work being literally invisible, and you can gear up to 330 in a matter of a day or so.
  11. Civil Well-Known Player

Most of us actually did learn it on our own? I'm confused as to why thats a hard thing to figure out..
    • Like x 3
  12. Civil Well-Known Player

but going to a stat clamped game like ffxiv when thats always been the initial design is good. you don't actually get gear from most content, you get styles, you dont need sp, you just get cosmitcs, dcuo is different. You can't compare an mmo whos core game has changed in years cause it works, to dcuo where the core gameplay worked, and now changes it years later. Old content was never suppose to be a challenge, because that is what the NEW content is for. the challenges are the feats.
    • Like x 1
  13. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

FFXIV does not stat clamp except for story. It's also a choice to enter with min lvl a vastly better design. They also downscale you to random content that count towards current progression. Again a vastly better approach. Not all content is matched like what dcuo is doing right now which is plain bad design for player power level

And they actually teach there players mechanic's and there doing just fine so werid huh crazy...

Stat clamping everything is bad

But these two games are different they do it differently by using the skills you had at that level so this may not be relevant oof bad comparison don't read this. DCUO needs to figure this one out with what they got
  14. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Oh..you can call it whatever you want...but it's conforming...

And I should be grateful?...now you want gratitude for going along with it...you didn't do me any favors... I'm grateful for all the people here that are still here screaming..hopefully they'll go further...

Because you're right..just screaming on the forums probably won't change anything...unfortunately it's going to take much more..I'm dropping my sub..and I won't be spending a dime on this game if there's a clamp...if you're against the clamp and want it to change, I suggest you do the same...that's the only language they understand..I also suggest if you're still going to play the game to not queue for or play old group content

Personally I won't play this game again unless the clamp is removed...I actually haven't played since this was announced

Maybe it will hurt them enough, maybe it won't...but if you're against the clamp do you really want to continue to play this game if it stays the way it is now anyway?
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Name me content FF14 up-scales outside of Faux Hallows
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

So youre telling me Asmongold didnt have trouble with King Moogle Mog EX? I mean he very much did and that CLAMPED SEVEN YEAR OLD CONTENT

DCUO is trying to right the ship, and you're abandoning them for adding in stat clamping. To go to a game WITH stat clamping...

My head hurts...
    • Like x 1
  17. Civil Well-Known Player

I literally said this game isnt ffxiv, content of dcuo Is never meant to be hard, only new content. I'm not sure people can read man. my head hurts.. FFXIV was intended to be like that from the get go, and thats why it works so well, dont change **** from the core game when it doesnt need to be changed.
  18. Neb153 Level 30

I was hoping I'd love this update and while liking most of it, the clamping on raids really is a nightmare. On the other kinds of content it's fine IMO, but even when your team knows what they're doing(which they don't) it just feels exhausting. Button mashing bosses to death for 20 minutes is alright in newly released content, but making that the case in every raid in the game is just so tiring to play. I was excited to experience some of the older raids that I never got a chance to but for the majority of the time I'll just pop into one that's been going on for 90 minutes and is completely hopeless. Not to mention that if I even do complete one, I dread even attempting to do another one knowing that it'll most likely be a waste of time.
    • Like x 3
  19. Proxystar #Perception

The point is, had no one moderate been giving feedback during the testing phases, this perhaps would have been in a position less favorable to those that only wanted limited clamping.

The reality is, this was happening, no amount of wailing and carrying on was ever going to stop it, but it seemed a number of you were so blinded with anger that's all you continued doing during the testing stage, instead of actually being constructive and you just want to continue that theme, now post launch, it didn't really matter how the clamp got set in the end though, cause I'm guessing you were set to just keep complaining regardless.

I'm sorry (but not sorry) I didn't jump on your bandwagon of tears in the way I might have done so in the past, no amount of wailing and carrying on is going to change it now either, clamping is here.

Perhaps in the future they'll introduce some kind of optional system where players might be able to de-clamp but with less/no rewards, I'm not opposed to that idea. In the meantime, however, you can either adapt and learn to deal with it or complain and uninstall and quit, that is ultimately your choice of which I am not going to encourage you to do the latter, because I think any even moderately skilled individual is well capable of adapting to these changes.
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Who told you that? Ima need you to cite your sources on that, if you can ask Mepps. Because a few people have been parroting that with no basis. Design philosophy changes, Its changed in FF as well over the expansions, and youre ok with that. DCUO design philosophy changes and they cant do that because its been like that since 2011?