You reworked the wrong system

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Dark Soldier, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

In January the head dev talked about bridging the gap between new/casuals and high stat players. Im seeing that with this new stat clamp system its going to be hard to even get a t3 arkham asylum speed feat. How will this help lower stat point players get higher?

It should have been the state point system being reworked. Which im confused because I remember that same dev saying that the feat system was dumb and outdated. So why make it harder to get feats?
    • Like x 9
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The difficulty of on duty is currently being testing and adjusted. There are even some bugs making it be harder than intended like defense not being brought down properly for tanks.

But even if it says the way it is now you can still do any speed feats. Instead of asking for things to be easier players should try to see where they can improve. Years ago when players couldn’t beat something they would try different ways, different set ups, different loadouts. They would try to get timing down better. They would try to increase their damage output. That’s how it should be. If you can’t do something try to get better. See what’s going wrong and keep trying. That way when you finally get the feat you actually feel like you accomplished something.
    • Like x 9
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Correct. Like the last time stat clamping was attempted, this will fail and be repealed. I just wish there weren't so many resources being wasted on this doomed venture.
    • Like x 3
  4. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Funny how people did it when it was new. Weird!
    • Like x 1
  5. Shalayah Committed Player

Speed feats should be an accomplishment and a testament to skill. Clamping players down forces them to become good at the game.
    • Like x 7
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There needs to be a balance to clamping. What happens on live right now causes all kinds of problems, but I don’t want stuff to become permanently impossible for people.
    • Like x 8
  7. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

You could always do the speedfeat at tier, it takes some coordination to do. feats like these you can't just expect to que randomly and get them, form the group for it specifically and take a whack at it. feats aren't something that are given for participating, you need to work to earn a lot of them. I didn't have Omega Omega in DWFE until recently because a lot of groups weren't skilled enough to do it at the time it came out. Stat clamping this time around will certainly make it difficult for some feats to be achieved but practice makes perfect.

I believe there was mention of reworking SP's down the road but right now the Omnibus/clamp system is their first concern
    • Like x 4
  8. Walsall New Player

Experience, teamwork and learning from your mistakes - Basically, building blocks for a successful player and team.
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Spent hours in Phoenix Cannon Elite over the past few weeks doing exactly what you said. After many, many failures and adjustments of strategy, we finally accomplished getting past the first boss. It’s something we still can’t do consistently (haven’t been able to for a week).

Until cr342, nothing tried made a difference - just died quickly. Not even a chance to try to figure it out. Enemy cr is 293.

It took nearly two years of grinding and 49 cr above the enemies before it was possible to play it. I don’t mean one-shot it - just play it.

What I’m laying out here is reality. It’s not some pie-in-the-sky kumbaya of hope and dreams with the flower children. It’s reality. And I’m more than a bit tired of being treated like a beggar when I play my *** off in this game and devote hours upon hours of time to it.
    • Like x 6
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Elite raids aren’t typically raids you random que for and expect to beat unless players know what they’re doing and are good with their powerset/role.

Being in the right group and knowing the mechanics help a lot.
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I am running it with my league. Who would random que for elite? We also knew the mechanics and most have been playing for 10 years; but please continue to talk down to me like I’m an idiot.
    • Like x 6
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I like how the same folks being patronizing and condescending to everyone are also trying to make the argument that this will improve the community. Note to them: perhaps your toxic attitudes are the real problem with the community. Just sayin.
    • Like x 4
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Oh, yes! The feeling of accomplishment! There aren't many things quite like it!

I remember how difficult the Speed Feat for The Flashback duo was. The day I finally did it was glorious!

I was happy for the rest of that day...and for the next day. LOL!

"Hardship breeds Character." -Batman (^_^)
    • Like x 4
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yeaaa, but years go we didn't have artifacts dictating so much of how much output someone can have. With the way artifacts work, it kinda hampers even trying what you mentioned.
    • Like x 3
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If it took 2 years of out gearing than there was something seriously wrong with the setup in general. I and a bunch of people in my league were all able to do it when it was the top content. So it is doable. But that’s what I mean. If you need 2 years of out fearing something to beat it than you should be looking at what exactly is not working. And I’m not trying to say “get good” as an insult in any way. It improving what you can do is a part of MMOs
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Exactly what I’m anything I said toxic? And I know you didn’t say me in particular. But this is important for the game. Players can not expect to just breeze through content and demand that SP matter. Players need to try and improve to do harder feats. I’m not even saying to making raids so hard that only some can beat it. I’ve publicly said many times that raids needs to be at a difficulty to that a good portion of players can beat them. But to beat them while getting feats should be a challenge.

Great you beat a raid. Here now beat the raid while trying to do this. If you do get a feat. That’s how it should work.
    • Like x 6
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Why are you assuming I'm talking about you?
  18. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Hang on, you have the DLC fully completed and 637 SP, but we're supposed to believe that you can't beat PCE first boss? I wouldn't call you on it, but it's right there in your signature... But you only just did it ALL the combinations and every feat, despite barely being able to get past the first major encounter?

Seems a little weird.
    http://zonexus.ca/?name=econoknight&world=2
    • Like x 2
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Do you really think they weren’t already trying everything they could? It seems you and others in this thread don’t understand that there’s a thing called plateauing. Not everyone can reach the same level of performance in a given field. No matter how much you push it, there is an upper limit on what anyone can do.
    • Like x 5
  20. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Two questions
    How were they talking down to you?
    How were they treating you like an idiot?