You reworked the wrong system

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Dark Soldier, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Are other members of the community not allowed to have an opinion on this radical change to the game?
    • Like x 1
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

This was true 8 years ago when all content was properly balanced to players around that level and having 100 skill points was top tier. I don't want to spend 40 minutes in Arkhan to "test my skill", I have Survival Mode and Elites for that. There are other hundreds of feats in the game to gather and dozens added almost every month in capsules, seasonals and episodes.

And I don't like to one shot everything while new players are trying to check out the game and understand the storylines, but I either wouldn't like to spend hours and hours gathering feats that could be done in 5 minutes if I logged in the day before the update.
    • Like x 5
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Quite a radical change that should have been discussed and probably released in stages if the feedback was good. But back to the point of my thread, this directly impacts the stat point system that the head director out flat said was wack
    • Like x 2
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

Ok, so when it doesnt work, we can go back to having only 3 pieces of content relevant at one time and complain about that again.
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

No.

Keep save the universe on permanent rotation.

Problem solved. Next question?
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On the other hand, some soft clamping will also stop you from one-shotting Scarecrow and soft locking the instance. I’m actually for clamping as long as it’s kept within reason.
    • Like x 3
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

My only concern about this at least for now, if we're scaled down. we're going to be weaker than we used to be in that CR range.
  8. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Apon testing, that is not the case. this is where your gear, SP, and artifacts factor in
    • Like x 3
  9. Yaiba Committed Player

My friend tested last night, his might went down to around 6k when in open world (CR scaled down 100-104). But on live server, you definitely have more might than that at that CR.
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

They are till adjusting values before it hits live. make sure he posts his findings with Altered values such as with SP/Gear/Artifacts/Gen Mods and Augments, and without; in the testing feedback forums.
    • Like x 3
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Honestly, I think this strikes at the core of the motivations behind most of the people who are supporting this change.

They don't really believe it will improve the skill of the community. And most of them don't care anyhow bc they don't have a vested interest in that because they'll play exclusively within their own social networks and leagues anyhow.

The real motivator is that these people don't want to see all these other players complete the content at all because they think it threatens their accomplishments. They want elite content to be more "elite" and exclude all of these players and they don't think the rest of us should be able to complete it ever without being good enough by their standards. It's an ingame equivalence of the pick yourself up by the bootstraps argument and some pseudo-Ayn-Rand philosophy in support of rugged individualism.
    • Like x 6
  12. the solowing Unwavering Player

So give full rewards for players steamrolling content? Hell with the players who want to experience the game?
    • Like x 2
  13. Natthan New Player

Giving a look in new player or a player with less than 300 SP, or someone who back to give a try perspective:
    if I'm always going to be auto scaled (up or down scaled based on episode), why should I care about completing feats to acquire more SP, upgrading artifacts or even gear, or investing money to cutoff the in the half the grind? i just will do one time each alert operation and raid and quitbe casue will be aways the same with same difficult.. or in simple words just boring and repetitive ...

obvious too old leagues will be toxic with new or returning players because they dont know about mechanics and make closed groups to run, new players will waste more time to make group and will be quit bored and frustrated when fail 3,4 times and never will be strong to complete that that's will really not giving more money or players to game only will make then quit fast in half week bored....

p.s. i will back in 3 months to talk again about this and how dead game become with this changes useless white knights trying to make this looks a great idea....
    • Like x 1
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

lol
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The answer is simple:-

If the feat is unachievable within a stat clamped environment then that would not be intended and you should report it.

The feat should be relatively easier to complete in a stat clamped environment, than it was at level, if that isn't the case then you should also report your experience with specifics.

That doesn't mean however, the feat should just be handed to you, it would still require an appropriate level of communication and group co-ordination.

Although I sympathize with the prospect of feats and the 10 year premise that has been set up that you can gain more power and come back to the feat later because its "technically easier" then as long as that remains true it's difficult to suggest there is a problem, if the feat is technically achievable 'at level' and consistently becomes easier despite the stat clamp or progression through the 3 DLC end game period then it can be argued the feats are 'easier' to come back to later. :)
    • Like x 5
  16. Proxystar #Perception

This is also because they've flattened and compressed the tiers, this can come across as confusing at first, so comparing a tier on live to that on test is now apples and oranges and therefore so are the attributed stats to a certain extent.

If you were to replicate an at level character on live and then go in to that content I'd suggest you'd have a more difficult experience than what you're experiencing on test when clamped.
    • Like x 1
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

How would I know? I have none of those feats and far fewer skill points. My point here is that you're flexing 637 in your signature while acting like you're struggling for opportunity, it's disingenuous.
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Difficulty got changed/adjusted since then at least a few times.

Remember GU46?? They adjusted the difficulty of ALL the content to add Weapon Mastery. ;)

And then they adjusted it... again..... with the Stat Revamp.

DCUO is not the same as it was wayyyy back then. ;)

EDIT; Had quoted the wrong post :oops:
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

You might want to fact check that :p
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did I quote the wrong GU??

Then let me rephrase....

They adjusted the difficulty many time since wayy back when.

There you go. ;)
    • Like x 2