Insulting because my artefacts are low level...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 18, 2021.

1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

My, my, my...

This one is a head scratcher...

Jack wasn't in what business for like a month?

It almost sounds as if you don't have a clue to what you are talking about and I am not saying that to belittle you but I would like an answer to my question.
    • Like x 1
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

The business of dcuo?? What other business would I be talking about?? Oh, maybe I was talking about IKEA or Target...
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jack came in the beginning of June 2016, the first wave of Time Capsules were in August of that year. I seriously doubt they designed Time Capsules and rewards within two months. Probably a leftover project prior to/during Sony selling off SOE.

When you repeatedly post on a public forum and the majority of your opinions are centered around the same obstacle, it's not hard to find the pattern. His obstacle is clearly financial which puts him in one of two categories: economically smart (because spending money on virtual items is a waste of money) or just plain broke. His financial situations whatever it may be, isn't the issue. When you misplace blame onto someone because of an active choice you made is completely unfair and not the right way to address an issue.

So it's wrong for me to make an assumption about someone's personal choices but it's perfectly fine for you to make an assumption of his AND mine? Do you wish to be the pot or the kettle?
    • Like x 3
  4. Shalayah Committed Player

Now personally. I like the idea of making artifacts cheaper, but if subbed members get an unbreakable seal immune to failure. There is no point in having/selling seals since you can just get guaranteed breakthroughs with the same seal lol. I’m not totally against the idea as it again makes artifacts more affordable but the devs on the other hand wouldn’t feel the same way as they’ll lose money doing that.
  5. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Hopefully the devs can find a way to make seals tradeable again and find a way to work around the players that was abusing the glitch last time.
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

And I here I was being cordial.

Perfect example of what happens when someone who knows better (me) and someone who is trying to prove a point and not knowing (you) in a discussion about the game.

It is what happens all the time and I think is is our misconception of how we are perceived.

We are so use to being attacked about our comments or needing to feel accepted that we resort to attacks or half witted comments or conjecture to try to score points.

Back to you, what other MMO have you played?
    • Like x 1
  7. Shalayah Committed Player

I would say that you actually need more than 285 SP. probably around 350 ish to max out your primary stats without of course neglecting to max out your criticals, throwing some SP into your weapon/movement and maybe an iconic.
    • Like x 2
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Not if you're premium.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For the record, I opened about 50-60 of the Kryptonian TC on different toons out of the caps I gathered from megas. I got a few catalysts(all dios) and 1...yep...1 SOP. No SOC at all. I got just as many particle dampener collections....1. SOP should be a bit better chance than getting the rarest of the rare collections out of a TC. Now...SOC, sure that should be pretty rare, but an SOP has the same MP value as a repair bot and I get about 5 of those a week out of promethium boxes. I'd say SOP should be about as rare as catching a head back or chest on whatever style set is in a TC. Rare...but not stupid rare.

And in every TC....not just the one fluke capsule which will be phased out the next Mega rotation.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm one of those people who doesn't want to HAVE to spend my loyalty on SOC/SOP. I'm not opposed to it, and have done it, but the idea that it's really the only way to get 'free' seals in game is the problem. We had a way of doing it before a bunch of dill-hole glitchers messed it up for everyone. Fix the glitch, lock all existing seals to 'account bound' so the jerks can't trade them away, and make new seals that are tradable again. Then the person wanting to spend RL money to generate in game cash can (already done with replays) and the guy who wants a 'free' option can trade in game goods or money they can hustle for them and I can go back to spending my loyalty money on....hmmmm....renown boosters....styles....? Anyway...something else of my choosing.

Besides, on my main account I went through 12 SOC this last weekend(and only consumed 1 arti into another for 2 of those SOC....it has not been 12 months since the last 2x week so it is impossible to have used loyalty to get SOC alone...so yes...Zero chance I could have done it without going out of pocket. Granted, I stocked up on the 50% off sale, but there should be another option for those who want to be able to work towards it in game.
    • Like x 1
  11. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Said it once, said it a million times; It is easy to spot those who work here, vs those who play here.
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

While I agree that artifacts could be easier to level toxic requirements for groups existed long before artifacts and even before SM. I might suggest that you form your own SM groups and then you can be the arbiter of how important a given players artifacts are.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have a premium account toon which has 6 level 200 artis and (that I recall) has never purchased anything other than seals (which I did spend a lot on). Assuming my memory has failed, I know I did not spend enough to level even one of those via MP purchased XP. Besides farming (10K is a low number if you are on for multiple hours a day), using Nth detectors and only applying XP on 2x weekends will get one Arti to 200 in much less than 180 days...just the 2x week will take that down to 90 days by virtue of doubling the XP in your example. I've never applied a single bit of XP outside of a 2x week/weekend since they've introduced them and funnel most of the tradable Nth collected on that account's alts to the main toon (although I have a few other toons on that account with 140-160 arts as well).

I've also never purchased a catalyst or source with real money and have had plenty to get the job done.

You can definitely argue the 'time well spent' factor, (in fact I'd hardly argue it...you are correct), but buying them outright or lying about it are not the most likely reasons someone can get a few artis to 200. And BTW...I have a job and kids I occasionally have to pay attention to....just occasionally....like birthdays and stuff. Sleep is sometimes an option that does go by the wayside though.

EDIT. As far as the OP's post goes, being rude or toxic to someone strictly on their arti levels is bogus. I know 90% of the time if I ever am looking at someone's artis it's because we are failing miserably and I just want to see what they are running. If they are low and that's why they are failing (let's face it...there are good players who can use level 80s and bad players who will fail with 200s out there) I might suggest a change or worst case that guy should leave so the job can get done. This is not 'toxic' it's just wanting to get finished...which is the goal of running anything in this game isn't it? Not sure I've ever told even the worst player to 'get good' or lambast their lack of or choice of artis....but maybe the OP should be realistic...end game content is hard (sometimes) and artis help make up for a level of skill not everyone posesses. Outright overlooking someone due to low artis....no. Realizing you might not be able to run certain content without them...yeah, that's kind of on the OP. What he wants to do with that (play more....spend more...avoid certain content) is up to him.
    • Like x 2
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

So there, I say, Amen !!!!
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

It's funny to defend the presence of the seals in the shop for the so-called survival of the game, when in the past, for almost ten years, the game managed to live without the presence of the seals/artifacts in the shop, and the statistical figures show that the game is not in as big a crisis as one might think!

All I want to say about the artifact items in the shop is that it's just and frankly unacceptable to see crafting items available in the shop and sometimes forced to buy additional items to guarantee success and even worse, pay for an item, which will disappear, in one go...
    • Like x 1
  16. Shalayah Committed Player

You’re telling him to get good if he wants to beat certain content in a nicer way. Nothing wrong with it as it’s the truth though.
    • Like x 1
  17. Toshknight Loyal Player

DON'T please, making a post about being bullied about your gear? aka artifacts, and how you think artifacts should be different "having ideas is fine" but your reason for having the ideas is not a strong reason, we don't change a grind/mechanic/the way we level something because of disrespect issues that have nothing to do with the actual gameplay, yea? I am sorry but, the world of mmos is not a safe blanket and everyone being nice to you, yes it is great to build relationships and have friends, and it sucks to have people talking trash about gear, skills, w/e people do, it's life. if you start complaining about someone being "DISRESPECTFUL" because your gear was not at the level it should of been in the particular content you were running, you were probably not doing any help to the instance, and people get pissed. i have been kicked from leagues cause i couldn't do the right dps back in the day, people can be cruel, but we grow, we don't let those people bother us. you shrug ds off like that and move on and grind your character if your really into the game, but complaining about "being disrespected" is probably the most snowflake unicorn ride i have seen. i am not replying to hate, i am just telling you everyone gets treated like crap at some points in this game, it can be bad if your open to it. but you can't let it bother you. that's all im saying

Making artifacts EASY to grind wouldn't be a challenge, im a game vet and i only have 1 out of 5 main characters i play with OK artifacts, mainly cause i do a lot of stuff that doesn't require me to have the max artifacts or good artifacts, i need to get them higher, but changing them will not change anything about anything else you said. you just go to do your thing. if you have a league, friends, w/e, level your characters, whether it be by CR, then to Artifacts, style collecting, feat farming, there is something for everyone you don't HAVE to do Survival mode, its hard, and takes a seasoned player to run it, it's not meant to be easy. then everyone would be a champion. there has to be hard content, i haven't finished em yet EVER, i should be working on it, but i got other things in game that i am concentrated on. like my feats, more skill points on my alts, Base decorating, and i ran orientation regular the other day pug, and got a legion flight ring, at cr 326, i was pretty stoked, i am in no way as a controller effected by not having max artifacts. and boosting those artifacts the way it is, is just the chance we take when grinding, it means you either get lucky or have to grind more materials, to boost it, i wouldn't change it and to be honest i haven't legit seen or couldn't have fun or seen division, due to the artifact grind, there is always clicks and groups in mmos, there are elitists, there are loners , there are groups of 2s, , to entire leagues, that just do base decorating, and dressing up like iconic heroes and villains, and doing the none elite content, nothing wrong with any of it, there is something for everyone. Seals are there for people that A. Get lucky . 2. have extra money to buy said seals 3. it helps the devs make money sadly, but i don't like that they are in the market either, but this game has a F2p freemium option, mmos aren't 15 bucks flat a month to play anymore, i wish they were, but to many people have made it have to be an option. because publishers can't stop wanting that money.

in total i am mainly just trying to let you know, there is always going to be jerks, its how you react that makes your experience better or worse. you can never force people to be nice, people aren't nice specially if they don't know you. i may sound jaded , or cynical but, i can talk to anyone, and get along with anyone, and there are just some people that don't wanto be nice.

Good luck to you
    • Like x 1
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

i actually agree with this. more i think about it. the seal rate of drop is very bad, they could make a seal, that maybe isn't 100% success rate but make another seal that drops about as much as lock boxes. and there we go.
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

He's also forgetting the multiple double nth drop weeks.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

True and the the chance for Crits lets not forget that one
    • Like x 1