STOP to this demoralizing failure system to fortify "relics" or "augmentation"!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Hello, on this subject, I appeal to Daybreak or EG 7 to quickly stop this infamous, costly and cruelly demoralizing system of failure to increase any "relic" or "increase"!

Indeed, we don't all necessarily have the time to play on DCUO for farms for hours and hours, in order to gather all the necessary elements to increase a relic or increase, nor even the means to spend so much money (both real and virtual) for a video game and even less to put money for a case-sensitive element and even worse, for a failure!

I would talk even less about the scam done with the completion seal that I find scandalous to have to buy this in addition to guarantee the security of an item possibly bought with real money!

This system has disgusted a lot of players and really demoralizing to continue playing on DCUO this system needs to be reviewed it takes a lot of time and money to put it all together, imagine the frustration it can give when the system fails in a split second...

If the development team wants a chess system, let me propose this:

If a player wants to succeed a 100%, without failure, he must gather all the elements claimed for fortification, number of elements according to each level of course, but the player could also have the choice to improve the element in question, without needing to gather everything in totality, but there, on the other hand, the rate of success of improvement could not succeed for sure. Basically, fewer elements put together would reduce the chances of success.

This system would be much more pleasant for the player and please stop making us go through the checkout, we're fed up with it!!

I take the liberty to appeal to the community to approve all this for the good of all, we players are often abused and little respected, put a little mention "approved" or a little thumb would be nice ;)

Cordially, a superhero enthusiast!
    • Like x 15
  2. zNot Loyal Player

On top of that i would also prefer if we had only 1 augment and not 2.
    • Like x 1
  3. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

That actually sounds great at face value, I'd like this system.

On the other hand though, you can be sure they'd dramatically increase the requirements.

Maybe some compromise between your suggestion and the current setup would be nice, just to do something about the ridiculously tiny success chances at the highest breakthrough ranks.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Can we just go back to the OP item being very very very very rare and not have a feat attached?

Can we increase the break through percentages on artifacts and cap it where it's not better to just buy the seal of completion? I mean 2% chance? WTF?

Can't DLC augments not have a breakthrough chance AT ALL?! They are only used for a DLC while it's active and hardly used ever again. Just producing the excessive catalysts for it should be enough. I hate the fact that they replaced gear mod plans feats over to this RNG hell.

Also OP, I don't like your idea at all, because it's always a monkey's paw situation there.
    • Like x 16
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it would suck marginally less if you could acquire seals in-game.
    • Like x 4
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Hell no, let's not go back to that stupid ultra rare system.

Even in its current state, silver lining, it's albeit marginally ill add, still better than that.

I know people that still don't have the original op helm from prime 10 years later, so thanks, but no thanks.
    • Like x 6
  7. BumblingB I got better.

The current system is only better because you have the piece, but it's not because you have to still get all the rare drops for crafting it and it has a feat attached. I think if they set the percentage drop chance to what we had during monthly content, it would be better. (Or legion ring chance.)

I got it twice on my villain right after T5 dropped. So it wasn't even worth using, then they reused the style later. But I also don't run Prime every week either. :p
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Have to agree. I continue to find artifacts disheartening.

Too much work. Potentially insanely costly.

I try to take a slower, steady approach. I've been saving all nth metal for bonus weeks, i buy a few things when theyre on sale or with loyalty points but its still too slow a process. Several of my alts are sitting on several artifacts all awaiting breakthroughs at various stages. I have the Le Mort, the orb and the grimorum all at 200 on my main and its not a bad spot but I would really like to try out the trans/strat combo. I have them both at 160. Unless i drop more than a little chunk of bonus cash looks like its going to take the better part of a year or more to get them both to 200. Don't really like that. Not with the amount of time i put into grinding. the strat/trans along with computo seems to be a very effective combination...computo is sitting at 99...and this doesn't even factor in I would like to work on my three controller artifacts and I would like my primary alt to eventually have three at level 200 as well. Maybe in 2023...

don't like this system much at all.
    • Like x 5
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The feat is actually the biggest compulsion to get the op items, if the feats were removed, 90% of the playerbase wouldn't even care.
    • Like x 3
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I dont care if they ever decide to add to the loot table seal of preservation/completion... I still wouldnt waste them on augment breakthroughs. As you pointed out augments are only good for one dlc and having enough exobytes and catalysts should be enough.

I only take the augments to the first breakthrough and thats it. I dont even use the catalysts to complete the breakthrough until they become cheap enough towards the end of the dlc run before launch of the next one. Then I complete for feats and feed the old into the new one rinse and repeat.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The proposed idea has been thought in relation to the current system and I have experienced this system on another game and I can guarantee you that it makes a much more enjoyable game, than the current DCUO system ;)

Usually I'm not a rand fan of this system, but the one I'm proposing gave me much more fun than the DCUO system and in the game in question you farm the elements in the world and it was the first time I could take such a pleasure to do this kind of farm ;)
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Nope nope an nope. That would add more farming to either upcraft the materials OR add more materials to the “recipe”. Just so much no to that.
    Heres the simple solution IMO. All they have to do leave it exactly as is BUT..... they simply need to add a formula that increases success chance by “x%” each time u fail.
    Seals of preservation are arguably reasonably priced (still should/could be cheaper perhaps) but if u use them an fail, the next attempt has a higher % chance at success. Rinse an repeat
    • Like x 4
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Quick question: if the system is so abhorrent and cruelly demoralizing, why keep engaging in it?

I get the frustrations and expressions of said frustration, but getting mad and venting about it AND THEN turning around and racing like a madman to bring a brand new Artifact up to max level once it comes out is just gonna send some mixed messages. At worst it could completely undermine the complaints.
    • Like x 2
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Its because its the system we have an if u wanna be good or competitive or useful to your team you dont really have a choice but to engage.
    • Like x 1
  15. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

TBH I stopped paying attention to those a couple of days after the very first release, I just wish I could put a lock on my inventory not to receive nth metals and those other upgrade materials. Those just junk my space and need to be either using them or deleting all the time to have some space.
    Ik artifacts and augments and the other 2 things are important for passive stats of characters but too much trouble than worth it (at least for me).
    FYI I doubt a game development team ever undoes something even if it's lousy enough. So don't hold your breath.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some people are masochists.
    • Like x 2
  17. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

Some people just want to get a competent set of gear to better help them deal with stuff in content, whether it be solo or raids!
    Some people just wanna max Static's Goggles, or dare I say the Helm of Omnipotence from WV even! (I have no idea what the last one even does)
    Some people just want to be completionists!

But I'll tell you what some people don't WANT to be! Is masochists!
  18. Monkeyboy Committed Player

You do realize that's the system in place? The failure chance and materials needed increase when each higher level tier? If you're a member you get 500 pts a month. If your goal is to advance an artifact or adaptive augment then use those points for Seal of Preservation to ----->HOPEFULLY<----- level it. Some players find other ways to level them, like farming rare items and selling it to buy materials to level artifacts and augments.
  19. Monkeyboy Committed Player

If people want to get something then go through the process to get it. Completionists? Persevering is a crime now? OP items usually last a few DLCs as the best in slot item. The best way to be competent in content is to learn your power, rotation and role. Have you ever wondered why a lower CR toon kept up or beat some of higher CRs?
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...they did? When? I've never seen the original OP helm style re-used in another piece of gear.