Rip to BoP alert runs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO SmackThem, Jan 12, 2021.

1. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Don’t get me wrong. I like that 290 cr boost is a thing but what comes with the skip is nothing. How exactly can a CR skipper be useful in content with low artifacts and low SP?

Also with that said. It kinda pushes me away because pugging BoP is somewhat difficult if you don’t have certain roles but now it seems that everybody is so undergeared that some pug groups are trying hard just to get past the first group of Adds lmao. I hope that the raids aren’t the same but I suspect it to be the case.
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How about you pass on your knowledge to these players so that they can be an asset instead of a hindrance? Or if you're not interested in making those players better, use LFG or league/friends to run content and reduce your run-ins with the less desirable players. Complaining about the CR skip in itself will accomplish nothing other than showing us that you have no patience for new players.

The choice is in your hands.
    • Like x 7
  3. Noble One Committed Player

because most times giving any advice to a person is usually taken the wrong way. also its been stated with every cr skip that and fair amount of sp and artifacts should be given to run the content at the level. i for one dont blame the new people i blame the devs. yeah you gave a free cr boost that great but youre giving nothing else with it.

also as for knowledge theres really not much can be said but "hey youre going to need more sp and higher artifacts to run this." and yeah there is LFG/SGs but even those are rare as most times, LFG alone really, wont take new players that boosted. and before you ask yes ive seen it with my own eyes and i hate it.
    • Like x 8
  4. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I already stated that I hsve no problem with the fact that CR skips exist. My issue is that those players are severely undergeared for the content. What advice can I give for them other than to get SP and better artifacts? Seems you didn’t read my post and just thought it was a complain post about how new players aren’t fit to run the new content which is debatable but not the point of my post.
    • Like x 1
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You cant just teach random people (maybe 3 of them) the correct loadout, counter mechanics, clipping and content specific mechanics in a single run and everyday lol.
    Making your own group is a solution, but doesnt change the fact that a group of cr skippers with the arts and sp given to them wont be able to beat content at the recommended cr. Even more because there is no in-game powerset tutorial, so most people just spam random powers
    • Like x 8
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

forget artifacts...how about explaining mainframe mods!
    • Like x 2
  7. Vella Well-Known Player

CR Skips need to come with enough stuff to rank 3 arts to 120, and 200 source marks to buy your supply drop and Junk.
    • Like x 10
  8. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Yeah, sadly it seems to be the same way in the raids too. I tried doing some older raids earlier today and I kept getting paired up with teams made up almost entirely of fresh 290's who thought they had suddenly become bada**es overnight.

It was the same story all night. They would pretty much all have one artifact over 100, one at 39 and one at 19, and their augments would be really low (like, level 10 low...), because the golden exobytes aren't currently working. But yet, there they were, thinking they were now strong enough to hang in tier 7 or 8 raids despite being MASSIVELY under-powered relative to their newly acquired CR. As soon as we had one wipe in the first encounter they'd all start quitting the raid because it was "too hard". (which is REALLY frustrating when you've spent the last 2 hours waiting for the raid to pop!!!)

I'm not totally against these free CR skips because they can be quite useful for my alts, but maybe they shouldn't be given to everyone. They should probably only be given away free to paying subscribers in future, because they do pretty much 'break' content for weeks afterwards.
    • Like x 3
  9. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Lol, if only if were that simple! I had a troll in my raid group earlier who didn't know what a debuff was! I mean, where do you even start with teaching someone who is that clueless about the basic mechanics of their role while you're in the middle of a raid?
    • Like x 2
  10. Godtr0n Active Player

I think there are some people who dont CR skip that at 310 cr still dont know what a debuff or a powerheal are, have no trinkets, mods and levelled crap artifacts. This issue doesn't seem specific to CR boosts.
    • Like x 8
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I feel and always felt that if the devs are giving cr skips out give
    the players just enough just enough for there arts to get to 120 and give more sp . That cr 290 skip should at least come with 200sp if not that then 150sp or something .

The devs have to try and find some middle ground here for the SPs yes you should work for it but all the same they should have a middle ground for the cr skips I mean something better then what's going on now lol.
    • Like x 2
  12. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Especially since they're like $40 a pop
    • Like x 2
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I see many players running around with 1 augment of each color and 1 artifact of each role, indeed cr boosts are just a piece of the problem, people have no idea how to play and there is no place to learn besides community made yotube videos
    • Like x 4
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The cr skip only increases the existing problem. Yesterday I tried to make missing raids for the Statues of Triuph on one of the abandoned alts (264 cr) (by the way, I managed it). And you know what? There was a raid where a healer with 320 CR + healed less than I did in DPS, he died a couple of times and rage quit. Raid where people with 310 CR + died like flies and people with lower CRs successfully completed the boss. People with high CR and good artifacts who absolutely did not know the mechanics ... GOM was completed only when the healer allowed a couple of people with high CR to die who could not form a straight line ...
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Then make the place and/or time. Set up a particular instance that you feel can be used well for training and set a regular time for it. Pass along the info via word of mouth (we can't be in all phases at all times) and encourage players to partake of the opportunity. And if you can't do so or are simply not inclined to do so, find someone who is and support their efforts.

This IS something we as players can address. It'd be ideal if the devs could set something up as well, but this kind of problem is something we can tackle right away because we're there.
    • Like x 1
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

A few years ago someone suggested that CR skip characters (particularly those people had paid for) should come ready to go out of the box, and I think the community manager agreed.

I could be wrong, but I think they still don’t even come with a base with orbitals/supply/tactical mods unlocked. They should also come with 3 rank 80 artifacts. Characters just aren’t viable at endgame without these components, particularly if it’s a player also learning a new power set.

Typical contrarian response from Khalon above - you don’t queue the alert to drag undergeared toons through a tutorial.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Every time. Will these posts ever end?? Tune in next free gift week to find out!

The skip does not need to come with more stuff. It is a FREE GIFT. They gave us something for free. Now buy what you believe you need to get better. Stay out of low content for awhile. If you're using a skip, run event level stuff/ open world bounties till you're strong.
    I just used my 255 skip last month on an alt. Went from 255 to 326 in about 3 weeks. 3x 100 arts. Maxed lower augs. Generator and white mods getting there. Still at or under 100sp. Have run all current content at regular level multiple times now. Usually in the middle of the scoreboard using nothing but iconics. The skips aren't bad, the people using them improperly are.
    If you're using a skip, find some high level friends to carry you for a bit. In exchange, use your high cr toon to carry a few. A month from now, we could have a decent batch of new players/ fresh toons.

(Also, just to make this more obvious, I didn't spend a penny on this toon and may not even buy her sp with replays)
    • Like x 4
  18. Starblast Well-Known Player

I just don't like how having artifacts take up so much inventory. If they could just put them in the area like they do the augments that would help a lot. Plus...you often have to decide how to spend your Source Marks. Do you want the cool style, material, aura, plus your generator? Plus with all the vanity items in the game like the pumpkins, boos, bouncy balls, mother box/father box, henchman drops, gear switching? It just needs a bit of a revamp. This may not be an issue for alts cuz they have tons of inventory/bank space but on the main it can get exhausting. Also, when you do decide to buy or have all the the stuff to breakthrough it then fails.

Plus, I do agree. Many times I am removed from an Elite group because my augment or artifact is a tad below what they want when I have been in raids that beat it before. This is largely with the Wonderverse Raid, which is my FAVE. love the new one too! Anyhow, bottom line is I'm not deleting my cool bouncy balls, material balls, trinkets. So it just needs a bit of a QoL/revamp I think.
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I completely agree, the problem is not in CR Skip, the problem is in people who avoid studying .. it’s like learning is a plague (in my example above, the main problem was people who reached High-End content but did not know what they were doing, and not newcomers with CRskip).I like CR Skip, I don't really care, I'm just wondering how in our time, the time of maximum availability of information on any topic, people manage not to learn elementary things (this is a more global issue than the players of the DCUO ...) ...
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

All issues lie with the player base really. Do I think that it would be great if more stuff was included? Absolutely. But we're complaining (yet again) about a FREE GIFT. I emphasize that because, well ya know, FREE GIFT. Like grandma gave you a free car. Even filled the tank and did an oil change, then you complain she didn't pay for your insurance.

Anyone that decided to skip instantly is their own worst enemy anyway. Wait till double xp week. Or a bonus week for older content. Wait out all the impatient people and no one would even notice you're using a skip toon. But just artifacts alone, could have had 3x 120 arts in a day waiting for double xp if they kept membership box. Or just grinded low content while not using nth or any artifacts for a bit
    • Like x 3