Enad Global 7 purchases Daybreak Games.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 5
  2. Designated Well-Known Player

:eek::eek:
  3. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

The only possible way it can be more P2W is getting rid of all pretense and putting SP packs and elite gear on MP.

Man I hope I didn't give them any ideas....
  4. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

This sounds encouraging but i guess we'll find out over time.
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

meh it is what it is..... il hold off on any further judgements until after something happens with the game.
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so...... Mepps plays planetside?
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I thought that too :D but didn't wanna say it
    • Like x 1
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'll with hold judgment til things start changing, last time I got my Hope's up was DBG taking over SOE and then we have the crapfest of a game we currently see with artifacts augments and hardly any content.
    • Like x 1
  9. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

So is pvp finally going to be fixed? If not then what’s the point.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Then don't worry, as Daybreak never took over SOE, they were renamed. Same company, new owner. This is similar to that.
    • Like x 1
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No we got a new CEO named Jack that accompanied the named change that made this game extremely p2w like the last game he was involved in.

So like I said I'll save my judgment til I see what changes are in store for us players.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I was a little curious after reading that, so I went and had a quick look at the Steam Charts (not a reliable source of metrics, I know, but it's the only publicly available way to get even the roughest of estimates as far as I'm aware) and was surprised to see they have been averaging about 2,000 players each month the past few months on Steam alone. DCUO is less than 500. Again, I know that is absolutely not an accurate way of gauging the population since it doesn't include people who use the Daybreak launcher or the PS4 players, but I found it to be a little interesting.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Jack joined the Austin studio almost a year and a half after SOE became Daybreak. The forum announcement about him joining came in June 2016, while the forum announcement about SOE becoming Daybreak came in February 2015.
    • Like x 1
  14. zNot Loyal Player

What i find interesting is that nerd of prey left DCUO meaning someone will take her spot.
    What exactly did she do? Design the bosses and mapps of episodes?
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

She over saw everything she took spytles spot from my understanding.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Jackster wasn't part of the SOE to Daybreak thing. He's CEO of Dimensional Ink, which originally was just the Austin studio. Which affected DCUO, not the entire company.

Smedly, who was in charge of the whole company, didn't change until a couple of years after the buyout when he stepped down. Which I think was related to the whole Lizard Squad thing.

Please don't assume what happens in Austin affects the whole company. For the most part, the autonomy of DI does mean that they can choose to do some unsavory things to this game alone.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Creative Director is way up the totem pole of importance when it comes to games. They are the ones in charge of the overall development of the game.

What happens from here, can result in different overall tones to gameplay and episodes.

I am curious if they will bring a new person in or promote one of the assistants, like SJ was.
    • Like x 3
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Thats a big deal knowing this im expecting a bright future for DCUO even a bigger change then the deal between daybreak and enad

the episodes to me dont get what they deserve i hope the new creative director will satisfy us better and knows what this game needs in a episode.
    • Like x 1
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. The Creative Director sets the flavor. Under Spytle, episodes were more a continuing story based on the original DCUO mythos. Under SJ, episodes were more like self-contained graphic novels that somewhat adapted comic book stories. So what approach is next?

I still think the overall narrative should focus on our characters as the star. Too often during SJ’s time, it was like our character was a guest star in the Justice League Dark comic or the Birds of Prey comic. That should be the other way around. This game is our comic book - Superman, Batman, etc are the guest stars. We shouldn’t be a bystander as Luthor hunts Superman - Luthor should be hunting us!

Our characters have stepped on a lot of toes by this point; we’re no longer some nuisance that stumbled into helping Superman win. We are legends now; and we’re the threat that the villains have to push out of their way.
    • Like x 4
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I agree! And i cant wait to see what the new creative director has been working on for the next episode. I see this as a positive replacement since i wasnt happy with her ideas.
    • Like x 1