Test Discussion EP 38 Artifact: Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hello everyone! This is the thread for reporting bugs and general feedback for Lernaea's Amulet.

Lernaea's Amulet

A whale song only the mad can hear, The Call of Dagon lures most to a watery grave. But if you can withstand the crushing depths, sea-goddess Lernaea's amulet is yours.

Breakthrough Abilities
    Rank 80:
    Lernaea's Price
    • When you use a superpower, take its powercost in damage and gain a stack of Offering, increasing your might by 2% per stack up to 5 stacks. Each additional stack increases the damage you take per cast. Casting a [Finisher] resets your Offering stacks and heals you for 50% of the damage it deals.
    Rank 120:
    • Casting a [Finisher] resets your Offering stacks and heals you for 100% of the damage it deals.
    Rank 160:
    • Offering max stack count increased to 10.
    Rank 200:
    • Each stack of Offering increases might by 3%.

Recommendations

This artifact is all about "Risk vs Reward" as you take increasing amounts of damage from continued casting of superpowers. Consider your ability to survive enemy attacks and be sure to heal yourself up by using a [Finisher]. Be kind to your healers and make the most of living on the edge!

Recommended Artifact Pairings:
    • Transformation Card
    • La-Mort Card
    Thank you!
    Batuba

KNOWN ISSUES
    • None! This artifact is AMAZEBALLZ!
    • Like x 4
  2. Batuba Developer

One thing to keep in mind, that damage done to self via this artifact counts towards your "DPS in the in-game parser" in case you are seeing higher than normal DPS numbers.
    • Like x 3
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Incoming might ST buff
    • Like x 3
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

I'm curious about this artifact..gonna have to see how it plays out.
    • Like x 1
  5. IonHero Committed Player

How long does the stack last if you don't stop attacking (both in and out of combat)?
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Would there be a way to change that? Make it so that it does not count towards parsers or scoreboards?
    • Like x 7
  7. Kestral Committed Player

FYI players are not kind to their healers and this is not going to help. :(
    • Like x 5
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

You guys literally need to open up another 4th artifact slot.. Im pretty sure this artifact is a response to PRECISION going bananas on LIVE... But the might BUff are gettin slammed into artifacts which hurt our variety...

Please just open a 4th or 5th art.. We already have to Suffer might stats to even play GOOD MIGHT ARTS.. just a suggestion.. its a bout time.. lets not wait 1 year for this.. Thank you.. OTher than that i think this should be pretty useful.
    • Like x 2
  9. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Most people might've think, with this artifact rage can be most efficent Dps on melee due to its healback mechanic from severe punishment and e chain abilities. I tried a simple loadout:

outrage - revenge - e chain - severe - relentless anger - berserk

What I see is even the combo parts of these abilities adds stacks to artifact's mechanic. So you either have slow down or keep losing some health if you try hard with rage and clip combos fast. Thats how dpsing with rage works. E chain cooldown most likely should be on point to get heal back from stacks.
    Im not saying it like it hurts rage dpsing. Just dropping my thoughts on the power I just tested.
    Earth's jackhammer is another story :D

In addition, is it intended to stack (offering) and lose health while out of combat?
  10. Batuba Developer

For now, it is.
    • Like x 1
  11. AV Loyal Player

1. This is currently impossible to test from a balance perspective due to the damage we deal to ourselves counting towards combat parse.
    2. The damage we deal to ourselves is extreme to the point there's very few elite raids I'd consider bringing this into, assuming it even proved to be BiS (which I'm dubious about since I don't think the average might % gains will be anything to write home about, even before factoring in the loss of another artifact in the slot. Also, most powers lose a LOT of DPS if they aren't using finisher as a normal part of rotation right now (Fire, Rage, HL, and Gadgets can match or almost match their peak output w/o rotational finisher use but HL and Gadgets will immediately die if they try that with this on).

I'll do a balance comparison once we can actually parse it but, if I'm being honest, I think you've accidentally designed an interesting and actually pretty cool, decent, and nuanced tank artifact as opposed to a DPS artifact. Using this to DPS, though, on paper it's looking like we have to cancel the might buff too early to avoid suicide such that the average might gains won't keep up with what other artifacts provide in terms of stats or raw dmg benefits. For example, Fire is by far the most power efficient DPS rotation and 2 rotations without reset sure looking like it'd be pretty suicidal in Elite right now... I can't see most powers having a hope in hell of not immediately killing themselves with this.

I love this for Fire tanking, and it's a potent heal option for every other tank class, but I really don't see this being viable for serious DPS in its current form. It's way too much self damage for very little actual gain combined with placing a massive burden on the group.

Edit:

- It also has pretty awful DPS stats. To make this competitive with Tetra, Grim, or Trans for ST, a player has to average like.... 8-10 stacks for an entire fight... but they're also basically giving up 2/3 of their health and all of the healer's power to marginally come out on top there.

Edit 2: This at even 120 gives Fire tank permanent, potent af self-healing with 99% channeling uptime and essentially no downside. It's basically what I already do but with this arti I'd have a good chunk more healing and no healing gap. It shouldn't be broken, just pointing it out. Might prove even more potent on other tanks who traditionally lacked extreme self-healing.

Edit 3: The closest MMO comparison to the kind of self-damage this does is FFXI Dark Knight, which could absolutely nuke tf out of itself for ~60s to deal by far the most damage possible in that timeframe while white mages cure bombed tf out of them. This artifact is more suicidey than -that- and it's not even a fraction as potent. The risk:reward right now on this is just risk, for DPS.

Honestly though, even if this does end up not being amazing for DPS, I say leave it as it is. From a tanking perspective this is very cool and original and adds a self-sustainability tool to everyone's kit. It should somewhat normalize every tank power's capacity to stay alive without a healer.
    • Like x 2
  12. AV Loyal Player

Preliminary Recommendation: Consider adding "Take 50% less damage from Offering" to the 160 tier, but adjust the base damage Offering deals very slightly upwards overall (not by much though). As is, this is a death sentence to DPS while tanks have very little reason to take this past 120.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sounds like the upcoming rise of "10xdps but 20 deaths"-players in content :D
    • Like x 3
  14. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

this artifact is gonna be awesome for battle tanks !! i can tell you that right now :) and for might based dps awesome awesome awesome!
  15. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I’m afraid this artifact will divide the community even further than it already is. I can imagine healers avoiding to run with dps or battle tanks who use this artifact.
    • Like x 2
  16. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

yeh the damage you recieved if not cacneled or reset by using a finishier move you die :(
  17. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

See my video below solo tanking the bounty using the DPS Artifact the heals are just so awesome i can stay full health most of the time thanks to the heals from the artifact will need to test it in raids to see if its okay to use or not.

• Like x 2
  18. Telnano Active Player

I test this Artifact some mins b4, its on max yet. U need do skill ur Finisher Move, for Elec (i've played) it's Ionic Drain, CritD is very high and Healing to when u use it, it must be always on CD.
    • Like x 1
  19. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I see what you mean. It kinda reminds me of absorb heat. Empowered channeling mod would be essential I’m guessing. Healers are gonna be on the edge of their seats until you hit the finisher.
    • Like x 1
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

For Fire, my suggestion was to change Fiery Weapon back to the 5% Might buff it used to be. They changed it so it was a weapon buff. Which makes little sense since Fire is really a Might based power.

They could do the same with a little used power in other power sets as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.