Test Discussion EP 38 Artifact: Lernaea's Amulet

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realsaiyin Active Player

Hey Batuba, is there a specific reason why artifacts like Philosopher Stone or Source Shard don't work with combo powers but this one does?
    With combos you can't reduce Supply Drop's cooldown. Combos don't have a chance to reset Godwave Strength's cooldown either.
    But with this artifact combos work fine to reduce your health.
    • Like x 3
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It won’t be as effective with HL or combo powers. Stone does not give free cast to combos at all which means while yes you do continue to build stacks you won’t be able to get free power cost.
  3. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Light you get the 8secs of no power being used it just don't affect the CD. On live it's tht way. Just used ram cWhip over n over n for 8 secs my bar didn't move. Yeah the cooldown being quicker needs fixed idk bout other combo powers though
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Oh wow so they changed it. That’s actually pretty big
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Phil Stone works with Combos. Source Shard should work as well but with Source Shard it activates with using the Ability off the Loadout Tray so for example when i use Outrage off the tray, it has a chance to proc Source Shard but the 3 combos after wont. Phil Stone should work the same way, its off the tray.

This artifact works off of Power Usage and for Combos, they use Power so thats why it works. Anything on your Loadout Tray and the Combos after that has a Power Cost will cause damage to your Health and also provide stacks of Offering. For example, Rage's Frenzy. It has the Off the Tray cost and then 6 combos afterwards. Thats a total of 7 Stacks...if you can live through it which should be possible because of the low Power Cost lol
  6. Kestral Committed Player

Oh passive aggressive healing is always a thing. It teaches them nothing but it does brighten my day a bit.

Honestly, though if it comes to kicking someone from the group any dps wearing this artifact is going to be the first on the chopping block in end content. 99% of content is solo healed even elite sadly and if all of my power is going to keeping up one person using this artifact then it's better they die or leave to make it easier to keep the rest of the group up. I tend to be fair about this I give every group a wipe or two before we start weeding out the dead weight.

Keep in mind even good players will drain a healers power with this type of artifact. So at level content would be more at risk for failure with its existence. At least with rage players there is a visual tell to let people know to work around their power type. With the artifact unless i'm always inspecting everyone in my group :rolleyes: nothing is going to visually tell me to stop spam healing them because they are supposed to be able to heal themselves with the finishing move. As a healer most of my attention is on everyones lifebars I don't even get to really pay any attention to the map or visuals of a fight for the first week or two of new content until people level up a bit. So I won't know they aren't standing in poison or right in the middle of a mob, which would clue someone in on the fact that they are using the artifact and don't need healing. I will just see their health steadily dropping and healing automatically goes to the person with the lowest health.
  7. AquamantheKing Level 30

I personally don't see this artifact being too viable. Only fix I can see would be to lower the increased damage per additional stack done by the artifact. That way you're still losing life as you go through your loadouts and you increase your chances of dying through adds or boss damage. Maybe have that be at rank 200 or something.
  8. L T Devoted Player

Leveling this to 80 and getting 5 stacks, my test toon's might went from 53,600 to 57,787 -- an increase of just under 8%.

At 120 you can get 10 stacks, and it brought me to 61974 -- a little more than a 15% increase. It's hard to keep that level for long though if you don't have constant heals coming in from somewhere.

At 200 the max might buff goes to 23% at 66,141.

Keep in mind though that these buffs are not like, say, the Transformation. They get reset every finisher and other than clipping heavy rotations most power sets will take a while to build up to that level. Combo power sets have an advantage as they're generally more clippable and the combos have half power cost so do half damage, but I found it awkward to fit the finisher into rotations -- especially for Atomic where you can lose your aura. Another gotcha with this artifact is that you're healed based on the damage your finisher does, so if your fighting adds and they die quick you can wind up getting very little in the way of healing.

I'll know more when the parser is adjusted, but it doesn't seem like the buff is worth having to change your load out and your rotation and also be damaging yourself.

Except in tank stance.

As a tank if you spec into might and get some damage crits and use empowered channeling your finisher becomes a 100% health heal. Every tank power set basically gets Fire's Absorb Heat, except for Fire which gets 2 Absorb Heats. I would suggest that the artifact needs adjusting in tank stance, or make it only work for DPS.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Just as an add-on to what LT is posting:
    What most people aren't realizing is that the "3% buff per stack" is only a 3% buff to your base Might stat. I see people posting thinking they are going to get "30% Overall Might/Damage bonus" at 10 stacks, but it doesn't work that way. I was seeing 22.4% Might and Damage boost with 10 stacks on the level 200 artifact.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

Pros: Might is getting a "personal" buff like prec now, yay.
    People were creative & found a way to tank with it, yay.

Cons: Tanking with this artifact breaks your shields faster.
    You're literally killing yourself at a rapid rate.

Feedback: I understand that the intention of this artifact was most likely for single target loadouts, however it would be be nice if the higher mildstones provided a self-damaging reduction.
  11. generalzod Committed Player

Guess we keep on testing but things we have to die and may get get out of raids just to be on par with prec doom spin and flurry. Not beat them just to be relevant lol. See what else we can’t do with playing around.

12. inferno Loyal Player

I was getting 27% at 200 with 10 stacks. But this artifact needs an emergency eject button, Lol!! I made a rotation using 5 quick cast powers in fire. I did a 12345 and 345 and finisher cast. It would have been an interesting fit and trial. Unfortunately my finisher only returned 40% of my health. I tried to go for 1 stack, at least, and I killed myself off on the fifth. LEEEEEROY AH-JENKINS!!!
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To be fair you can’t really compare the artifact to a weapon that can be nerfed eventually. Artifacts should be tested against other artifacts to see how viable they are. That’s a more static comparison
  14. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Should make the supply drop come back quicker but tht part doesn't seem to work.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

From what I last tested philosophers didn’t even used to cancel power cost on combos. I’ll be going on test when I get a chance again and retest it. If it does reduce power cost again than they should make it work with other artifacts too
  16. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Say I hit henchman at sametime I never see a difference which you should.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What do you mean when you hit henchman?
  18. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Woops disregard that I meant orbital with henchman cuz they both have 330 cdown lookin at them next to each other. Supply 5 mins n with stone it's 4:20. I'll check to see if combos affect the other part 2moro. Before I knew it didnt work right at one point.
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Got it to 337 with light single so I can't check the other ones.
  20. Batuba Developer

We've halved the amount of healing gained from finishers will in tank role. That should be coming in a future build to PC Test.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.