Suggestions for artifacts for electric healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Soke_Remy_Gambit, Feb 19, 2020.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait... what’s this about shortened effective window? Great now I gotta time it and see how long it’s active to see if it is even worth it lol
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

It's now 30 seconds vs the old 2 minutes
    Probably done because they made it 7 person net
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, Mending Wave crits with High Tide, RW and Watcher, Admonish combo into Blight, Metabolism gives a pheromone stack. Recover is just a burst heal. There is nothing special about it.

I posted above that I do think Electroburst is worth a look again and like you said, Bio Cap just is not as good as it used to be.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

WHAT!!! Well that sucks lol. I’ll have to look at it again and see if it’s worth it now lol. Is the cooldown on it 30 seconds or 45? I’m gonna have to jump on soon lol
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

18 seconds-
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I was way off lol
  7. xenothelm Active Player

The way Bio-cap is now, I look at it as an anti-skull move. Rather than try and keep it up at all times, I try and time it when it's gonna get utilized. That safety net allows me to regroup with AL/Galvanize/Recover.

I too want to hear some good things about electroburst! Is it more of a frontal cone though? I feel like that conflicts with some of Electricity's positioning needs...
    • Like x 1
  8. xenothelm Active Player

I do like Recover for alerts that have us a bit more spread than normal, though I run it WITH Electrogenesis. I hardly notice its blandness cause I'm always clipping it off of AL, lol.

Enough people have pined about it now, I'm gonna give Electroburst a go in my next Phoenix Cannon raid :3
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

I used to love Bio-Cap, but with the shortened time of effect, power cost of 450 and longer cooldown Recover is the better heal now (when paired with Page of Destiny)

I feel that most of the old positioning issues we had have pretty much gone away.
    Just looked up patch notes from GU 73 her's what it says with Eburst
    Electroburst:
    • While in Healer Role, now chooses group members based on lowest health percentage instead of distance.
    • Now damages and heals in both roles with the healing going to you and up to 7 group members.
    • Like x 1
  10. xenothelm Active Player

Fair enough, I'm hanging on to my Orb for now so Bio-Cap still serves me well :3

That's even better than I thought, re:electroburst! The CD really shouldn't be an issue if you're clipping recover/galvanize off AL for general raid damage. I'm excited to tinker with this tonight :)
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

I pretty much clip everything with Bio-Surge (always have) so the Orb really created issues for me.
    Once the Page Artifact came out I fed the Orb into Page so I could go back to old ways.

Potato / Potato
    • Like x 1
  12. xenothelm Active Player

I might have audibly gasped.

To each their own artifact I suppose
  13. xenothelm Active Player

Some preliminary Electroburst notes:

• Cannot clip, but can be clipped out of, like Arc Lightning
    • Despite its animation, it can hit allies around and behind you
    • Crits quite nicely (With a 160 Transformation card)
    • Still unsure of full range. Description says "nearby allies" so I assume it's smaller than EG/Galvanize
    • Don't expect to get the knockdown effect in healer role
    With this in mind, I'm thinking of a loadout that utilizes two "clipping combos": Arc Lightning into Recover, and Electroburst into Galvanize. The first combo would be primarily for targeting the tank and spread out allies while the second can be effective on tighter groups. I like this as a replacement for Electrogenesis in raids as it's often unreliable based on group spread and dangerous to try and lunge in to tag the tank with it. I was conflicted on whether or not to drop Flux but I figured the whole point of elec was to be a little spammy right? I use Orb and trans/strat cards so I'll keep Bio-Cap for now but I could see there being room to keep EG or Flux if you have the Page artifact to replace Bio-Cap.
    I'd like to try the same setup in alerts, just replacing Bio-Cap with Flux. It's easy to keep up 90% of the time with the reduced CD from the Back Mod.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually like eburst.

I’m currently running:
    Arc lightning, galvanize, recover, bio cap, eburst, bio surge

I use the brawl into shuriken storm mastery (any combo works, I just like this one)

I pretty much keep bio cap on cooldown to maintain the safety net and alternate clip my brawl combo with recover and arc/galvanize. In fights like PCe first boss during the whirlwind phase either one or both of my safety nets will trigger so I will use eburst right away and clip it with bio surge. Between my safety nets and eburst I can usually get everyone back up to a safe spot unless I get those pesky dps that don’t want to move from the dot areas lol. If a single player takes heavy damage than I’ll just use surge by itself.

If I have to stay spread out from the group than I’ll replace arc for flux or group transducer. I think galv has a good enough range than I can position myself but if for what ever reason I have to be isolated than I’ll replace it too and run both flux and transducer.
  15. xenothelm Active Player

The last time I remember truly struggling with being out of range to heal was that New Genesis raid where Superman was being mind controlled by Mother Dearest I think? Such a big room with things happening on all ends of it, I could never keep up :( Of course back then you had to apply Bio-Cap to the whole group individually...I don’t miss those days lol.
  16. xenothelm Active Player

Post Into the Dark Multiverse notes:
    • Above loadout was way more active and required a lot more sodas and trinket use per fight
    • Electroburst works just fine in practice, not too different from Arc Lightning in healing power
    • Personally, I prefer a tamer loadout and will likely take back EG for some HoT support
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

What artifacts are you running for this?
    When Orb first came out, I tried it but struggled mightily since I was accustomed to old school ways of clipping everything with BioSurge. Currently I have Soul Cloak, Page and Strat Card. Typical loadout is Arc, Galv, Recover, Flux, Bio-Surge & Supercharge
    w/ the changes to Group Trans, thinking about dumping the Cloak and moving to Orb and just changing up a bit.

Thoughts?
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Page, orb, strat. If I have a bad troll than I’d run omegahedron over strat

Thou I do like omegahedron over strat. I tend to try to keep everyone topped off as much as I can and when I have another healer with me than the group Get ripped off rather fast after burst damage. This means that the extra HoT isn’t as beneficial.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

Did some changes and testing of my own last night.
    Used loyalty points to get orb to 100 (low I know, but just to test) Artifacts - Page 147 / Strat 160 / Orb 100

Loadout Arc, BioCap, Flux, Galv, Recover, Bio-Surge. Healing was good no real issues, but had to move BioSurge to my old SC spot so I would't keep hitting it. Liked the loadout, & felt smooth however for someone who's used to clipping it was/is a big change.

I tried replacing Galv with Egen for 1 run, then with Eburst on the next. The cool downs on those is a hard NO for that loadout since I found myself a few times with everything off cool down (briefly) and did not like. Removing flux, remedies this issue and added Eburst was great. I think for alerts I'll keep Flux and remove for raids. For me this seems to be the best mix of powers and Arts (for me)
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

There is no replacement for Galvanize IMO, even for alerts. The real question is whether shields are worth it even for raids anymore. It seems like Electroburst should be our "oh crap" move when things start going south because we can't rely on always having a SC at the ready. It's a shame though that if you want to be a heal primary, you will not get many overlapping Artifacts for a DPS build.

I definitely need to reconsider my choices since my Electric toon is an alt and is 50-50 between DPS and healing. I may have to use Pheromone Bloom on my healing bar just because I don't want to give up EoG/Scrap yet and hope the troll isn't stingy with shields in a raid.