No Grounded in elite.. can we stop this trend

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemii Dedicated Player

Monsters of metal elite is yet not another "Elite" raid where players with flight movement can just fly in the air and avoid danger. This is elite content not regular.. make it feel like elite

Exhibit A- Flight mode in monster of metal elite 1st boss.. players can just fly in the air and avoid everything from the shardlngs to the ice monsters charges while acro/superspeed players just have to deal with it

Exhibit B- Flight mode in monsters of metal elite last boss... players can just fly in the air and avoid red deaths teleports.. so instead he just teleports to the other players on the floor.

Recommendation- if you dont want to apply grounded more often in elite content then start adding punishment for flying which makes you just as vulnerable as if you were on the ground down by the action.

i understand having new raids where one is a little easier than the other but its still elite and should be treated like so.
    • Like x 2
  2. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

To be honest, most skilled players dont fly cause it sucks. I know a few good players that do, but i consider that has part of their playstyle. (*cought* earth dps *cought*) Grounding all players for the heck of it is lame, since some super speed powers like dash attack. So only apply grounding if te player is trying to use it to exploid survibability.
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

-- Elite Raids --
    Tier 6
    Throne of the Dead - Even if you fly you can't do it high enough to make a difference.

Tier 7
    Happiness Home - Will take damage from everything except Granny's one-shot. Superman will still get you.
    Unholy Matrimony - Can't fly too high or you can be one-shotted by demons on the bridge.
    Blackest Day - No reason to fly.
    Prison Break - Psychic balls and Dr. Light can still one shoot you.

Tier 8
    Darkseid's War Factory - Restrictor drones ground you.
    Olympus - No flying needed.
    God of Monsters - No flying needed.
    Ultimate Soldier - Can fly but US can ground you.
    Justice For All - Can be grounded.
    Gotham City Zoo - Can be grounded.

Tier 9
    Starro The Threat Below- No reason to fly. Starro can still teleport to you.
    Starro Spindrift Station - No reason to fly.
    Titans H.I.V.E. Reborn - Can fly, but can be grounded by Turrets and Deathstroke. Still can be one-shotted by Terra.
    Titans: The Machine - Fly as much as you want but can be grounded and attacked in midair.
    Crown of Thorns - Can fly but not too high because of King Shark's attack.
    The Throne - Can be grounded.
    Fellowship of the Arcane - Shouldn't fly due to Dr. Fate's teleport. Last boss, can fly. Still one-shotted by Karion.
    Shattered Gotham - No reason to fly.
    False Idols - No flying needed.
    Monsters of Metal - (Boss 1) Can fly but can be grounded. (Boss 2) No flight needed. (Boss 3) Can fly but can be grounded.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

My biggest pet peeve of that raid was people flying in the Dr Fate fight and failing to watch what was below them... like the tank. I don't know how many times I was killed by some fool flying in that fight, not paying attention, having Fate teleport to them, drop an Ankh Bomb, and then kill me.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pfff just use the Joker jetpack from the vault :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

To be fair you are picking and choosing which sections of the raid to use as an example. Those 2 raids are biggest examples of exploiting grounding in the ENTIRE game.

There is no grounding on the 2nd boss fight in ZooE which allows players to casually fly above and have zero risk to any of the tornado's below completely bypassing the entire room mechanic. For CoTE you can fly and keep pulling the adds up into the air as a tank and most of the finishing combos from the npc's don't even hit you in the air. There are a plethora of youtube videos highlighting tanks and players alike flying in Zoo and CoT to make the instance incredibly easier.

Raids not having random or consistent grounding mechanics and the devs not accounting for flight movement when programming attack patterns is one of the biggest jokes in difficulty scaling for years.
    • Like x 3
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

or just purchase flight mode lol. my post isnt a cry because im not flight i can easily go flight. Flight has just always had an advantage when it comes to working around the bush in elite content. The enviorment should be deadly whether you are flight or on the ground. I know certain parts of elite content they try to do it but were talking about elite here shouldnt all parts actually feel elite.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Or, play the game your way and have fun and let others do what they want.

Whys Someone always gotta hate on the way others get theirs.
    • Like x 5
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

You can be grounded in plenty content for a second and fly right back up to avoid whatever is going on below. im not going through the whole list but ultimate soldier for example you can practically stay in the air and avoid the bombs on the floor to avoid a one shot or adds that spawn and can attack if you if the tank isnt getting to them quick enough. if you get hit by the lightening and become grounded no problem your allow to fly right back up and continue on.

Flying is fine if you want the game to have parts where its allowed in elite but make the level of danger feel the same as if your on the ground.
  10. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I'm laughing at your pain, not at you personally. That's kinda funny, though.
  11. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I love this post. That's just a life truth bomb right there...
    • Like x 2
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

making elite more challenging is hating? imagine lol. so your saying you'd no longer have fun in elite if they started consistently making bosses one shots affect the whole area?

or

speaking hypothetically if your in an elite raid and Adds started spawning on the ground but then their was also some kind of aoe damage that spawned in the area that targeted flight players your telling me your no longer having fun because you now too have something you have to be aware of too?

Those elite raids where everybody is vulnerable to die or everybody gets heavily punished are the same raids that actually felt like elite and players struggled to beat when they were first released.

elite should feel like a struggle not collecting full renown in a week like we see now.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Just thought of a solution: Save the Joker Jetpack next time you get it in The Vault. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And while you're doing this you have to continually position yourself to do damage and to avoid the tornados in case you do get grounded. There's a little more to it than just hovering around.
    • Like x 1
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

by mentioning this, you should'nt be able to use Super Speed as well, since its a lot easier to kite enemys as a tank with super Speed. So the only solution would be to either Change all Players to Acrobatics while in Elite content, or delete movement modes in elite Content completely to have a fair Balance (like in Shattered Gotham inbetween bossfights). lol
    • Like x 3
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

defeats the whole point of the thread lol. we need more mechanics that affect the whole area not just players on the ground *when it comes to elite content

wouldnt use a jetpack even if i had it because i know depending on the content it can make life easier which takes away from the aspect of something being considered elite

if its regular ok cool you should be able to get away with more things because this type of content is meant for casuals.

Even just looking back at survival mode for the most part as a healer were you in any real danger from standing in the back? majority of the mechanics triggered towards whoever is closes in range
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

none of this is a shot at anyone flight by the way. if you can do it then do it right? none of us designed the content all im saying is everyone in the group should be vulnerable when it comes to major mechanic moments within a elite raid.

^ and if im wrong for having that kind of agenda feel free to say so. i just dont like walking into elite and it ends up being a cake walk.
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Mistakes happen, and I'm willing to cut a little slack here and there... but when it happens consistently, you point it out to them, and they try to insist it's not them or their fault because nothing is happening to them... yeah, it gets frustrating.

Had a similar thing happen in TTBE when the troll insisted on flying... so the Conqueror would go up to him and make it difficult for everyone else back on the ground, and yes, some of the ones on the ground could fly too. No matter what we told him, he was like, "It's working for me." Then we were like, "Hey, how about a damage out debuff to help the tank?" "I don't have it in my loadout because I need a second personal shield to protect myself." Yeah, we stopped running TTBE with that one.
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

ignore is an option to avoid playing with certain players that sabotage others, willingly or not
  20. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Disclaimer: I don't play Elite very often. I'm far from the bleeding edge of Damage-dealing, but I'd like to think I'm at least a competent Controller.

I really, really hate being grounded. In content, I like to fly not to avoid mechanics, but to get a good view of the whole arena. (Get to the High Ground!) I want to have clear sight-lines to all my teammates. If flying is a known problem in a particular fight, I'll make do on the floor, but I don't feel nearly as efficient because I can't see everything. (And quite frankly, I probably don't know enough to 'cheese' any fights. ;) )

At character creation, we were given three main choices that affect our moment to moment gameplay: Power, Weapon, and Movement Mode. Taking my movement mode away feels as debilitating as if I lost my powers or weapons. Since Day One of the game, I've thought that perma-grounding was a cheap and unfun way to make an instance more difficult. Bosses/adds that do grounding moves or penalize flyers? That's fair. But all the time grounding just makes an instance feel like a chore - for me at least.

Just a filthy casual's opinion. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.