Dev Discussion Development Update: Weapons and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainnifer Committed Player

Shooting the bow over and over is actually not hard at all. And no need to go in details about this or that in terms of jump cancelling and clipping, I know about it all and there's nothing very special about it because I do the same with my might powers to give myself some mobility. The current meta is "Overpowered" and will be made in line with the rest of the weapon options, as well as the underperforming ones (meaning they will be "buffed"). After all is said and done, both Precision and Might should no longer be outperforming/underperforming, which should give everyone greater flexibility on how they want to play instead of running to whichever is strongest.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Aerith Rose Committed Player

One thing that hurts hybrid is that WM does not give power back normally. You get power back for the first hit but not the actual WM part. Can this be fixed? Would make hybrid and WM more viable.
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Could someone please post the new breakdown costs for artifact breakthroughs? Pretty please?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This might be correct if the weapon combo balancing was the only changes in play. But without the Venom Wrist Dispenser, prec doesn’t touch might. It won’t even be close.
    • Like x 1
  6. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

That's exactly what the competitive Might DPS players want. I'm so glad I don't do the whole scoreboard chasing thing, but I feel bad for those who wanted to do it a different way than with Might/Powers.
  7. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm not entirely sure about the details of the whole prec vs might thing, but when I played on my alt I went for precision because it was an easy go to and with the help of pretty much one artifact (cog of mageddon at rank 80) and bow flurry shot thing I was doing more dps than most other players I came across in Event.
  8. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Factually not the case on test server.
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I do the same regularly as well using Might based loadout. Does not mean a thing since a lot of players nowadays don‘t seem to be all that competent nowadays. And also, adds zero info on how things should be balanced as far as precision versus might goes.
  10. Support4HiRE New Player

I don't know if this is still the case, but even with the new update precision will still be doing the most damage. See for yourself. Now, they may change it before they roll the update out, but i'm sure anyone playing precision has nothing to worry about.
  11. Rainnifer Committed Player

I agree it wasn't a good example and sorry for the mislead it was supposed to be a point that if I added the VWD to that then I'd be over performing, here's a better example; I was in a JLD raid not long ago and one of the DPS was doing double the dps of the next, and simply over performing, can you guess what they were using? Do you also remember the Survival Mode fiasco with everyone running those setups?

I don't think we should be worried at all, especially worried about a single artifact. They said all artifacts will be looked at, maybe some existing precision ones will get better at 200? Even if that wasn't the case, there should be no reason at all why Precision wouldn't be able to match Might after this weapon pass. After all that's what the weapon pass is intended to do, make precision a more viable playstyle without the need of 1 or 2 certain weapons and an overpowered artifact. Not to mention they're testing things as we speak I'm sure. If nerfing VWD clearly wasn't a good option then I don't think they'd have done it.

Ideally a good balance between everything is what they want, and thinking that nerfing VWD is the opposite of that is simply speculation on our part because we can't really see the overall numbers on everything and why they chose to nerf it. And as mentioned before by Mepps, VWD is not the only thing we'd use to deal more damage.

Anyways I understand some people are upset over the nerf to VWD, but I disagree to them saying doing so will make precision nowhere close to might.
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sure, I’ve been in reg raids with casual players and doubled the next DPS with prec. I’ve also ran elite raids with other elite players from Plats, Well Known, MAC, Heat, etc and might DPS’s were often close to me in boss damage but blew me out of the water in total damage. The VWD nerf is now removing 5K (prorated) precision. So in those same elite raids with those same players, had I had the new VWD, I wouldn’t have stood a chance in boss damage and would have been even further behind in total damage.

As far as SM, flurry wasn’t the meta solely because of damage. The fact that it’s max range single target and can easily be jump cancelled when needing to block a skull or roll out of a DOT had just as much if not more to do with it. After all, it’s called SURVIVAL mode, not DAMAGE Mode or BURN Mode.
  13. Control Creed Well-Known Player

You didn't start your semantic correction with "Well, actually.." or "Um, actually..." and therefore it's invalid.

And since the only way to ensure (Seals) you get your artifact to the next level is to pay for it... Um, actually... it is P2W.
    • Like x 1
  14. loupblanc Dedicated Player

That WM combo damage is bugged. Going to be fixed.
  15. The original Nightling New Player

OK but how will it be towards might dpsers ?
    Should I switch to precision to stll be dps competitive ?
    in that case i will have to raise all precision artifact....and mods...
  16. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

I think that the people who clamor for balance over all, need to go and play Karate Champ at a vintage arcade, and see how much fun and longevity they'll have playing a completely balanced game. I doubt they'll be playing for as long, or spending as much money, on that game as they would this "unbalanced and unfair" COOPERATIVE game.

It still boggles my mind why people get so uptight competing over getting the same rewards/loot-chances. If having the highest amount of damage got you a better drop or higher rare-item chance, sure... but it doesn't.
    • Like x 3
  17. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

- It makes content easier in general and speeds up farming
    - Having a higher amount lets you get known by end game players running and completing Elite (who want high dps burn) which increases your likelihood to get asked to run later by a good group instead of fail groups from LFG
    - Elite allows you access to better vendor gear as well as having an increased chance of certain drops like the old OP pieces and Enhanced Chaos Essences
    - certain feats or bosses are nothing but a burn check (Stake Well Done, Raving Mad, Deathstroke Pad Phase, Terra during Gas and at the end when rocks start falling, Atantis alert feat for not interacting with the cogs, Teen Titans alert feat for killing Cyborg without interactions because he heals if I remember correctly, Deathstroke Ikon Suit phase, the Wolf Shadow Monster if you don't have a consumable because transformations at the wrong time and or wrong role can cause a wipe, tank pulls all the adds in the Atlantis alert room and dies and now you have 10+ adds on you when you spawn in the room and arguably 5-10s before the tank dies again and you shortly after, which means if you can't put meaningful burn down in that short time window, you might as well re-que the alert becaue the adds heal, Nexus used to have Enrage mechanic, Tala's fight ZooE will have stacking adds with the one's that interact with a Serum being a priority for burn otherwise that fight becomes annoying, 2nd Boss in ZooE and CoTe Murk's changing frequency become annoying on the group and the likelihood of a raid wiping charge when the bosses get to low are there, etc.)
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Didn't look at all of the 11 pages, but was one of the 'adjusted up' artifacts the Lazarus Pit Water? It's pretty much useless in it's current state, even at the 1 hour cooldown because (at least on a controller...don't use a KB) the chances of hitting the button to activate it immediately upon death is too great, so you die-activate-die in the span of 2 seconds. A 'Push+hold' action would be better....having it not immediately become available would also work (say 3 seconds into death, it's available....or AFTER the pickup timer since that's when you are really 'dead'....it's supposed to raise you from the dead, not from being knocked down)....or the addition of a 5 second shield so you can roll out of whatever thing it was that killed you in the first place.

I still say this would be a decent artifact if it was at all usable. If it's not in the plans for this time, I guess i'll finally just consume it into another one. Was holding out hope it would get a tweak before doing so.

Reinheld
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I believe the cooldown goes to 15 minutes at Rank 200.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...that still isn't better...just means that the same thing can happen more often. I used to keep it on my tank loadout (before manticles) and the thought was when I was errantly one shot by a boss, and no one could get to me I'd get the hero pickup on myself and save the day. Unfortunately as a lot of the time i'll be hitting a shield or lunging the boss or whatever, I can die and be pressing square at the same time...so I get up immediately...then die again. At a minimum it's a wasted use...in Elite runs, I'm out of the fight. I no longer run it in my loadout, but did not consume it yet as I was hoping for a change.

Reinheld
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.