Dev Discussion Development Update: Weapons and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Already taken care of.
    • Like x 5
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That would leave it twice as good as anything else, which is basically the whole point.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, VWD is not responsible for all of an attack's damage. The portion that VWD contributed will be half as strong, not the attack itself.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Let's not get too crazy.
    • Like x 11
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Play anything that rewards Source Marks.
    • Like x 2
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There are some powers that will HEAVILY impact the weapons pass as well in regards to Superspeed's movement tree Vortex Trap and Wirrling Dervish because both those powers can be jump cancelled/tap cancelled which allows for easy clipping of weapon dovetails maximizing damage. I have examples of this in my recent videos but I can explain and show in detail when the weapons pass goes live on test.

These powers will need to be adjusted to prevent trivializing this weapon update as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, all of these were (should have) been updated as well. We are going to confirm we didn't miss any.
    • Like x 4
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

As I have mentioned even waaaay back in vanilla era...
    Longer weap combos should reflect better output, is what I would finally want to see.
    • Like x 3
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

its about time yall fix this artifact. and please dont feed into the cry babies that will complain about it not being OP anymore theyve had their fun already
    • Like x 1
  10. zappi New Player

will the xp be adjusted or will we break twice as much for 180 as for 160 and then for 200 twice as much as for 180 thats, in my opinion, far too much xp for an artifact
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I did say it depends on how much other artifacts are getting buffed by, if it’s still gonna be comparable to other artifacts then obviously that’s fine.
    Now that’s just cheeky :p
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

I wholeheartedly agree Constantine should sell them. I believe I've gotten them once or twice from TC's but the rarity of doing so makes it little more than a technicality.
    • Like x 2
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't know if this has been answered or addressed yet, but are there plans to rework the weapons expert and hybrid masteries as well?
  14. mrforklift Level 30

While I understand why the bump in artifact level for VWD users is being given, I do see an unfair advantage that they get versus non-VWD users that I do not think has been mentioned yet.

Part of getting them from 160 to 200 will be a ton of Nth metal XP. That is a lot they do not have to grind (or buy from broker or buy from market place) to have an artifact at max level. I think someone early on mentioned giving everyone a token to take one artifact to the next level of you original breakdowns, rather than just the VWD. Then it doesn't feel like the VWD people got a bunch of Nth metal for free, and everyone can choose what artifact to accelerate...
  15. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

I am glad to see a Weapons revamp coming. Since the Superpowers got a revamp, it was hard to be a DPS that was precision based. Might based just did so much more damage. The VWD seemed to make it possible for precision DPS to be more on par with might based toons. But VWD was kinda OP so it is nice to see that instead of just nerfing it, they are reworking all the weapons. Now I can go back to playing my characters that were weapons based.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Let's take this specific discussion somewhere else.
    • Like x 2
  17. Predicament Well-Known Player

So on the point of making one weapon just as viable as another weapon and just as viable as a might loadout, I feel that each weapon should have its basic(non weapon mastery combos) have a strong AoE attack and a strong Single target attack and the 4 weapon mastery combos that come with every weapon, there should be a Ranged AoE, Ranged Single Target, Melee AoE, and Melee single target. That way there are reasons to use certain combos and creates a balance across all weapons.

Example:
    Bow(Almost Perfect in ever type of attack it has but lacks damage to make each type of attack viable)
    - Two Single Target Melee: Kip Up and Bow Slam
    - AoE Melee: Arrow Fling
    - Single Target Range: Finishing Volley and Flurry Shot
    - AoE Range: Expolosive Shot and Arrow Storm
    - Weaon Mastery Combos:
    - AoE Melee: Smoke Bomb and Spinning Punch Combo
    - Large AoE Range: Full Auto Comb
    - Small AoE Cone(Small enough to be considered Single target almost); Magnum Shot

For the example of the bow as a weapon in terms of diversity it is the most balanced, what I would change is make magnum shot single target and spinning punch single target. That is what I mean by making every weapon diverse and following that guideline of having every kind of attack in the weapon. AoE Range and Melee, Single Target Range and Melee in the base weapon combos and each 4 of the WM combos fulfilling a certain purpose.

I also feel that damage of each weapon combo should be scaled by time spent performing the combos, weapon mastery or basic combos damage should be scaled due to the amount of time spent for example, Bows base Flurry Shot should do more damage than Dual Wield WM cross combo into Flurry Shot.
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Um ... wasn't this 75,000 yesterday? o_O

*checks other posts that quote Tuesday's version of the Original Post*

Yup.

Any reason why it was reduced? Perhaps the realization that players will just save this for a Double XP weekend?

I'm still grateful for the gift, by the way. Just wondering what changed in the last 24 hours.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The 75k was probably a typo, I thought it was a little too nice tbh.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Strange, from what i know a 50k nth metal doesn't actually exist.

So if that's what they're giving us it's a new nth metal.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.