Why do you guys support this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I don't mind as long as two versions of the raid exist, otherwise it becomes like forced stat clamping, which I'll never support.

I don't mind recycling old content as long as it's been long enough that the challenge can be revisited by both new players and veterans alike.

Your idea is a good one, but of course It's seperate somewhat from the issues i raised, but is definitely something that can and should be done.
    • Like x 3
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There are two interrelated problems I see with that approach.

First off, that's basically focusing on the past, not the future. I can understand the appeal, but I'd rather the devs look forward and try to do new things with new locations. Otherwise it'd just be rehashing what already exists.

Which leads to the second problem: players. There's more than a few people out there who get their undergarments ridiculously bunched up in knots over the reuse of an NPC or a room, never mind a whole map. If you think the pitchforks and torches wouldn't come out over the devs redoing old raids or alerts then I have some LOVELY oceanfront property in Iowa for sale. Cheap, too. :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I think the undergarment crinkling comes about when a room gets reused and passed off as new, not actually rescaling something we all know is old upfront.
  4. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Just here to add my two cents.
    #MakePvpGreatAgain
    • Like x 2
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Why not just create a new thread and discuss the ideas.

Both of you have some OK ideas, just seems like in the topic at hand seems like it would be overlooked because it is not what is being discussed.

The both of you have plenty of people who would either love to hate on y'all or support the ideas that both of you are speaking of.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

A game about super heros & powers should never tell its playerbase they’re done giving new powers after only getting through the basics
    • Like x 3
  7. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

This right here. ^

I've been working in retail & customer service for a very long time. And one of the tools of the trade that I picked up and have never forgotten is this: If a customer is going to leave, taking their business elsewhere, they will just do it without hesitation & without notice. It's those that complain, even those that threaten to leave, are the ones that want to stick around & want to see things get better. From the company's standpoint, you don't want to just save your loyal customers, but you also need to look for what's driving away the ones that are leaving without looking back. And in the end, you may have everyone happy.
    • Like x 2
  8. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Don't mean to obtrude but why even let a nerve-racking one get on your nerves. :)
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Thats where the like went on the post. However:

Water is being build around the shield concept as a core "healing" concept. It was a different approach to the generic burst or hot concepts. There will be content in the future were Water is going to be less desirable anyway like when mechanics bypass the shield mitigation as we had already.

People measuring powersets (tank, heal specifically) too much to the current survival mode conversation. So many people switched water after the first group beat this SM (I was monitoring via census cuz bored ^^). It had its funny moments especially as later down the road other powersets were beating it as well. Fully well known they could like Sorcery was a potencial call, Celestial anyway. But the whole HLS overwriting problematic - which should have been fixed long time ago - ditching these powers and that isnt Waters fault, its a design flaw in the HLS vs normal healer shield overwriting concept. Maybe the developement will finally adjust Hard Light Shield to be considered a tank shield instead of making the mistake of "nerfing" a normal working powerset at this point even further so the broken state between healer powersets is getting worse.
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Time will tell and I'm happy to be proven wrong, water was merely a circumstantial example I cited, by no means should you feel I'm singling "water out" because that wasn't really my intent other than to cite an example to stress my sentiment.

With that being said of course time and time again I've sat here over the course of 9 years to just watch certain powers sit at the top of a pinnacle and perpetually exist as FOTM with almost zero deviation from it, so although I appreciate and acknowledge what you're saying I feel I'm understandably also skeptical :)
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Water is the healer's Quantum. Quantum was a Controller's answer to "everything", that's basically what Water was designed to be for healers in a sense. Where was all the people screaming about Water healing 1 episode ago? Just like Elusian said, people are mainly screaming about Water NOW because the nature of a 4-man SM just happened to cater RIGHT into the strenghts of Water having its 2 shields being highly valuable at all times.

In most 8-man content, it's hardly more prefered than several other healing powersets.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

To be honestly blunt when any content regardless of what it is inordinately favors one particular power my honest opinion is that it's either a poorly designed power or a poorly designed piece of content.

You're welcome to disagree.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd say poorly designed piece of content, given the nature of the game mode always took place in a 8-man instance. Do you think Water healers would be so sought after over other Healing powersets in general were this to be an 8-man instance? I don't think so. Feel free to show me how Water is an otherwise poorly designed healer-powerset. The nature of certain pieces of content/situations in content has always I repeat ALWAYS favored some kind of power and flavor in some extent. It's inevitable in current content designs.

Balancing out content to handle various discrepancies should be far more effective than the habit of striking the nerf hammer down or buffing a powerset up the roof on community demand. That's my general opinion, not personally pointing towards you here.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Well, primarily I play as a Healer, so I've never been too up-tight about the damage meta here.

I have played other games, however, like League of Legends and Overwatch, where the "balance" isn't an exact science and there is an acceptance of "tier" champions, with some characters being flatly better than others. In those games, you can either choose to play an underdog because they're fun, and accept the handicap. Or you can adjust to the ever-changing Meta. Sometimes I fall in column A, sometimes column B. But in either case, I've never really felt too upset about it. So I suspect if damage was skewed in some way here, my response would basically be the same. Either I keep on doing what I'm enjoying and I don't care if something else is "better", or I adjust to the Meta and adapt, and start with dual-wield-flurry or bow-smoke-bomb or whatever. I personally do not believe that this fabled concept of "balance" actually exists in any game where the characters are not all literally identical, and feel as though it would be silly to hinge all of my enjoyment on the idea that every single character, regardless of how they play or what they are doing, will receive the exact same results.

The only update I've ever found that actually made the game feel "unplayable" to me was a few months back when the game was literally crashing every 5-7 minutes. Now that they have the crashes down to about one per hour, I can still fit a raid in-between crashes, so I just reset my game after every raid. And since I did remain sub'd through that period (same as the way I was sub'd through the Hack), I'm inclined to think I'd be sub'd through any other bug. At least for a significant enough amount of time that I could wait for a fix.

But, I suppose in your hypothetical situation proposed, if the Game Update broke the damage values in some way that legitimately did make the game unplayable (like literally making all player powers do 0 damage, or every enemy attack instantly one-shot through block), to the degree that nobody in the game can complete anything, then I suppose I'd handle it the same way I did the insta-crashes. If I cannot play any form of content, then I just log in daily and check to see if it's fixed, and if it's not then I play something else while I wait for the fix. But I do suspect what some people consider "unplayable broken damage values" and what I consider unplayable are probably dramatically different.
    • Like x 2
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

When logging in, there should be a pop-up poll asking what individuals wan't to see more for future updates only to players who have spent atleast $5 and up, cause those are the type of players you guys would wan't to keep.
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

https://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/what-are-free-to-play-games/ won't keep them if freemiums are ignored, does nobody here understand what the "Demo" function of most free to play games are designed to do? free to play games work by word of mouth reputation and getting free players starting out to sub/pay eventually, the game's standing is already poor with the gaming community outside of it, are y'all trying to outright kill it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium.
  17. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

That is in no way downplaying freemiums, if they want to be vocal about the game's future than paying just $5 shouldn't be a problem, so I don't quite understand your issue?
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

because they won't feel like paying 5 dollars if they're ignored, public relations is a thing in business, both socially and economically. i'm not sure i could explain it much more clearer than basic psychology and sociology https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2014...of-ignoring-or-giving-someone-a-cold-shoulder.
  19. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Ever heard of kickstarters? some packages you purchase, you will help with the game's development, if people are bothered by that, maybe they should stop expecting everything/most things in life for free.

A measly $5 give them the same privilege of someone who is also premium who has spent 100's of $'s, imagine that.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You can't please all the people all of the time, though.
    • Like x 2