The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Made a Chroma Captain America. ;)
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

cool,did you try bumblebee? :)
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

my version
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not yet. Although I don't have the right body type... I would need a smaller boy type for Bumblebee.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I should have used your gloves. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridus"
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. spedog Active Player

Very cool, but just hammers home that I will NEVER get a chroma material.
  8. Azreaus Committed Player

Tweaked my Agent of Chaos style as I grew bored of the glowing bits -

[IMG]

Also gave up with this Thanagarian inspired style -

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

They're actually not that expensive in the Broker, not nearly as expensive as I expected them to be, at least when I looked last night, anyway. Might even grab 1 or 2, since all I pulled from the Boo$ter Bundle$ was Tesla Auras I might not even use.
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For awhile now, I've been wanting to update my War Machine with a suit of armor inspired by both the Mark IV armor seen in Avengers: Infinity War...

[IMG]

...and the Mark VI armor that's been seen in concept art for Avengers: Endgame...

[IMG]

...and as a Marvel Legends figure that's just hitting stores...

[IMG]

But it turns out that with the styles currently available in DCUO, that's a very tall order. I had to do an "inspired by" version instead, as there's no way I'm ever going to achieve a suit of armor that truly looks like either one of those. So, here's my own take on a modern War Machine armor:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Star Emblem is just a placeholder for the STAR Labs Emblem which looks the closest to his winged star emblem that you see in the movies, but which is ridiculously hard to obtain! Why the frak don't the missions STAR Labs personnel send you on in Doomed Metropolis and other Open World Content award you with STAR Labs Renown?!? :confused: So drokkin' stupid! :mad:

Anyway, normally, I freely share my style "recipes" for my characters, but I've noticed a disturbing trend with War Machine players, where they keep copying each other's looks exactly, down to the last detail, which is why a lot of them are now using almost the entire Visitor's Style Set to create War Machine, because a couple players that post videos on YouTube showed how to create War Machine with that style set. So for this one, if there's any of the styles I used that you can't ID, y'all are on your own! :p

It will still probably be tweaked a little as he obtains more styles to choose from, especially because I want to do something different with his legs and feet, but for now, this is how he looks.
    • Like x 5
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, do those pants have a giant zipper in the front? o_O
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Long Live the Bat.

Here is my classic Batman style.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, he's gotta be able to take a leak somehow! ;)

I joke, I joke, I kid, I kid. That's one of the quirks of how the game's lighting effects can play off of the codpiece of the Cybernetic Leg Style, and that's one of the reasons I want to switch to a different Leg Style at some point. I just need one that works as well for the overall look of the armor, and I might not get that until he's a high enough level to run the Titans content, where the Bionic Style Set is available.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hi guys,
    Green Chroma material. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

What back style is that?
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Some small, but important updates have been made to my Ultraman from Earth 3:

[IMG]

The Red Kryptonite Aura and Green Kryptonite Crystals Accessory were added awhile ago, but just tonight, while checking out Unlockable Styles on another character, I stumbled upon how to give him his Ultra Kryptonian Boots! I can't believe I forgot about the Elaborate Slimline Legs! D'OH! :oops:
    • Like x 1
  17. Azreaus Committed Player

Nice one :D good work on getting a belt that fits the look and covers the small bit at the waist that colour matches the boot section.
    • Like x 1
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

only missing the green kryptonite aura now ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

so wish for you that we had a chrome and black material now :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Ho guys,
    The All New All Different X-Men. ;)