The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I said this in a thread that got deleted some time ago...With the inclusion of these TC Rewards in the second chance Vendor, You're likely to see the prices on the rewards eventually plummet on the broker. However the prices for the rare collection pieces will go up exponentially (and eventually, the prices on the most commonly available collection pieces from the TCs will become insanely high!))
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

hm..someone Either spendt a few dollars on bundles Or is incredible ritch or is very lucky lol.I only got 3 of those.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not lucky. I can tell you that.

I got one Chroma after opening 4BB.... then opened 25+?? lost track.... and out of those 25+ got 0 Chroma.

I have been spending the past 3 weeks playing the Broker to buy those at $200M-$350M. I spent over a Billion on the Broker to buy 4 of them.

So sadly... the answer to your question is...
    Playing the Broker.

Which was especially tough this week-end. It was very difficult to sell anything. Guess everyone is gone and started their Summer vacations??
    • Like x 1
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I got two out of the bundles and I bought two one of them i payed 188mill for so thats the cheapest of them,still Insane priezes on the chromatic materials.
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

As they finally released a Shark Fin-backstyle, I was able to put the final touch on my Orca/Killer Whale-style :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah.... the prices are pretty insane.
    Right now the lowest is $385M.

But seeing how rare the drop seems to be... 25+ and still not getting a Chroma..... no surprise the price is this high.

And we sill have the BB in game. Imagine how the price will skyrocket once the BB are gone?
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Decided to add the Shark Fin to one of my Water character's looks...

[IMG]

...and then decided to switch up the skin and material for a change of pace.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I may try the second look using the Opalescent material to see how it looks.
    • Like x 2
  9. spedog Active Player

This is truly my main complaint with the game. Placing ALL of the hyped style items in a loot box or with convoluted instructions. Just put them in the marketplace. Devs offer a product add-on, and we buy. Everyone happy. However, doing this roulette GARBAGE is just frustrating and ticking a lot of people off. Teasing is not effective marketing and gambling is not effective shopping. You can call it a Booster Box Challenge, but it is really Loot Box Hades.
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

They've tried that. It resulted in one of two things: players not buying the offerings (for a variety of reasons) and players throwing a fit over the prices of what they were offering.

So unfortunately, no, not everyone happy.
    • Like x 3
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My lich king inspired style

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. mynch457 Well-Known Player

What head and face style are you using for this style? It looks great!!!

13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thanks! I'm using blood bat head with league of assassin's mask:)
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The Male League of Assass mask (the female looks no where as cool, same with the female Split Personality mask)
    You can get a similar look with the Spooky Zanni mask (not exactly the same, butt probably the best any female will get :( ), will have to try the Blood Bat helm (have it on one character), currently using the mask with the Atlantean Warsuit helm and it looks kinda cool
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

The Orange Gleaming aura fits well with my Firestorm style :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 4
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Weird, for some reason I was almost sure the Super Friends version of Black Manta had red eyes and a darker suit.

Then I checked. LOL Great job! :D
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Just for the lols here's fireman sam :p
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You lose the fin because you can't use it with the Blood Bat headpiece, but with female characters the Vampiric Visage head from the Cursed Gotham TC could work in a pinch, especially if you turn your eye color to black and add in the Emissive Eyes.

[IMG]

Just gotta get past the ears. LOL
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you meant can't use the Blood Bat Hat with the Spooky Zanni, you can
    Getting the Spooky Zanni is easier than getting the VampVis :(