Deadman Can't Jump

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ForeverMan, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

If you wait long enough, you just get pulled to the Boss Fight a la Trigon's Prison. What's the problem?
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Don't block and roll. Jumping and lunging mid air is way easier imo
    • Like x 1
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is nothing like the old valentines event imo. It's much easier. Seriously just jump and hold your melee button for a mid air lunge and you should get it every time. And I am the worlds worst Mario player
    • Like x 2
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Well you also have to remember Brit that the people I am referring to are my League mates and friends. Some of them I have known for years but at the very least I have known some for many months now. All the people I run with in Plats and my friends do not take the falling to our death thing seriously. We will tease each other but we all know that the teasing is just for giggles. If it was with a bunch of random people that I did not know their temperament or normal behavior among their friends, then yes I could see how it would be frustrating or upsetting for me or them.
    • Like x 2
  5. Gucciana Committed Player

i dont understand how you are dieing? the gaps arent big you just jump thats it
    • Like x 2
  6. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Thanks.

I did the raid again last night as thought it better to get right back on the horse. It was a much better experience, only fell once & that was more because I bumped into someone mid jump.

It doesn't really change my perspective that it has the potential to be a pug nightmare though.
    • Like x 1
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

My rifle disagrees with you.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

Quitting a raid mid boss fight because you Cant jump is deplorable
    • Like x 1
  9. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I'm also curious about how people are failing. I went in there today, my first time, and didn't have any issues. Are your cameras at the default zoom or zoomed in super close? Is it that the distance is farther than expected? Or that you're not used to not being in movement mode? I wonder if the camera zoom has something to do with it. I have mine zoomed all the way out. I don't know if that would help?

I made every jump without having to lunge, block and roll. I just jumped, then jumped again. I think the only place I could see some difficulty would be the moving teleporters as sometimes it's difficult to judge when to jump.

Also, I sometimes let people go ahead of me so that I wouldn't bump into them. That's another reason people would fail lol. If you take one of the jump pads with another person, they can knock you off. Sometimes the jump pads will take you not to your intended location lol.

It would be nice to see what specific issues people are having, other than seeing, "I HATE THIS RAID". Is there one spot you're dying? Is it the moving teleporter? Is it one specific jump? Are people knocking you off? I wonder if most people who find it difficult are stuck on the same spot.
    • Like x 1
  10. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

It's not that difficult for me, but I play with a PlayStation controller. I like the addition of something different. It's like a puzzle, and makes people learn to control their characters. I'm an old grandma with arthritis, so have hope! If I can do it, anyone can.
    • Like x 2
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

For an old grandma with arthritis, your typing and punctuation are amazing. Do you have arthritis in your hands? If so, that's awesome. (well, not that you have arthritis in your hands, but that you type so effortlessly).
    • Like x 2
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I wish I could see the expression on Avair's face when he reads your other post about enjoying knocking people off the platforms with a beach ball.

I can imagine him slapping his forehead and being like, "uh, oh." I'm guessing that they didn't plan for that eventuality.

Knowing DCUO's reputation, things just got a lot more interesting.

On the bright side, they're going to sell a lot more Gorilla trinkets again, lol.
    • Like x 3
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For years we've begged the Devs to shake things up, get us out of the doldrum of the same old same old tank and spank raids, they finally listen and try something simple but a little different than usual and what do they get for their efforts??? Nothing but *itching and moaning??? And then you all sit there wondering why they don't try anything different.
    [IMG]

Some people are giving up WAY too early, after the instance is over you can stay and practice all you like. Use your large map to see exactly what the path is....and get better at it (same way you would any challenge they toss at you). Maybe start remembering the people you run with who are patient and run with them to reduce the amount of kick/disband anxiety you're having. Try things, practice, make some serious attempts.

All this gnashing of teeth is a bit much for one raid. If you all continue to beg them to literally nerf this raid and they give in, don't act surprised or disappointed when we go back to the same old boring a$$ raid formula which you've all decried for so long.
    • Like x 5
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm glad you didn't just give up....that's one of the biggest issue in the game at this point, people giving up at the first sign of any difficulty or "problem". I'm also glad you had a better experience on your second try. I myself managed to only die once last night...mistimed my jump from laughing too hard at one of my teammates (serves me right).

I do have a problem with your last sentence there (gamewise not personally). I completely get that with the way the game has gone, a lot of us are having to pug things more often than ever. Even before it was a necessity i've always had the habit of running with "strangers" in the game. While it's important that the Devs keep that in mind when they design content, we can't keep getting content made for the lowest common denominator and yet somehow expect that 1) these players will eventually get good enough to rise to better challenges and 2) that the rest of us won't be bored to death while waiting for more engaging content (and for players to get better).

This is one of the first raids since AF2 (and outside of Elite instances) where i'm wide awake the entire time, having to pay attention to what i'm actually doing, all while having fun with friends. I want more fun raids like this. I want more puzzles like Spindrift, more mazes and things chasing us like in Amazon Fury 2...etc. But we won't get that if the Devs get paralyzed considering PUG situations....which are mostly the way they are because those players haven't been challenged enough. Instead of giving in to the fear of how pugs will behave let's all just get better so we can get better content. Otherwise it's back to boring a$$ tunnels and sometimes avoidable one shots as the primary mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

Now you need Practice on Jumping.....go back to Brainiac Bottle Ship
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly the rocks were easy to figure out, just took one misstep at the very first rock to figure out jump first and then hit the arrow to direct the jump forward or hit space again for an occasional double jump. the worst part was that one teleporter sigil wisp by the floating rock mass with a tree covering most of the rock. no momentum and only the very center of the sigil will actually teleport you safely to everyone else. the fix is fairly simple however, widening the area of effect would make this one mechanic much easier, since as is the margin for error (even being off by a centimeter) is far too high. at one point i even successfully hit the right part and landed next to everybody else but it STILL killed me XD. this also seems to be what got most of my other team mates as well, who equally well acclimated themselves to rock hopping.
    • Like x 1
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

Mechanics aside, any lag, collision, wireless keyboard hicup or a myriad of other machine issues and you miss the jump. That doesn't even get into that you are using a mode, which is to say walking mode, that most just about never use.

Beyond my previous suggestion I would also suggest that if instead of walking mode they made it acrobat mode without jet pack it would be a far better approach. At least then it'd be a little more forgiving with the double jump.
    • Like x 4
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

Ever considered that there might be impaired players playing this game? I saw one guy fall to death 20 times before he got to the first boss.
    • Like x 2
  19. Brit Loyal Player

I've heard a few people make this comment. The "Do something different" battlecry, when actually read in context, is about Raid Bosses having unique mechanics. Some players enjoy challenging fights (though honestly, a lot of them like to stick right within their comfort zone, and only want a fresh coat of paint slapped on).

Now let's look at the actual fights for Shattered Gotham. Tala? Tank and Spank. Mordru? Tank and Spank. Cthulhu? Tank and Spank, and have somebody click Shazam a couple of times if your Madness gets too high.

None of these fights are actually challenging. The bosses are absolute gravy. And yet, we don't see threads about people whining because the bosses don't have any new mechanics. The bosses are just the same old boring fights, with a fresh coat of paint. Nobody minds that at all.

The platforming is not a boss. The platforming does not grant any rewards. The platforming is just a time-sink between boss fights. It's like having extra hallways filled with trash, but instead of that trash giving you Nth Metal, it gives you Repair Bills. And there's no cutscene or portal activation, so if you join a raid on the last boss, or if you have somebody drop partially through, you have to wait for the new teammate to do every bit of the Platforming before they can rejoin you. Even if they're good at it, it's still just an annoying, tedious delay that prevents the group from being able to play.

Imagine if you got invited to join some mates to fight Coram Rath, and when you get invited in, instead of appearing twenty feet from the boss encounter, you instead spawned at the very beginning. Then you have to jog down the hallway and to Rath's throne room. Then imagine you had to watch both the cutscenes for Rath creating the portal, and the Sea Beast eating Manta. Then you jog up to Sea Beast's room. Then you have to watch the cutscene for Atlantis Rising. Then you can jog up the next ramp, and FINALLY get into the boss room to join your mates. It takes 5-6 minutes just to get to the fight, when you should be ready to go basically as soon as you join. That is essentially the situation of Shattered Gotham: 7 players waiting and waiting and waiting some more, for one player to cross the entire zone and join them.

Nobody has ever said "Gee, you know what I think improves a raid? More stupid time-sink stuff between the bosses. Instead of having interesting boss fights, what if we spend a ton more time in pointless traveling." They tried that once before as well. They called it 8-Man Operations, where you'd get to the final boss, only to discover that 1-2 group members were acrobatics and were going to take at least 2 more minutes to cross all the way across Metropolis. Guess what; those were unpopular as well. It turns out players don't enjoy a raid where you spend more time running to the fight than what the fight actually takes.

Even if you are one of the players who wants new and exciting challenges, those challenges are something you want to be rewarded for. Making longer, slower travel between bosses does not make the raid more fun, nor is there any reward for doing it well. If you are good at the platforming, then at most it's just an annoying amount of walking in extra slooooow speed. And if you're bad at it, it's repeated deaths and frustration while the entire rest of the group is stuck waiting on you.

Nuts to that. I threw in the towel on this raid. I've got enough skill points that I can afford to miss a couple of feats, and I'll get all the gear I need just running Fellowship, the Alert, the Duo, and the Dailies. Running this thing once was already one time too many.
    • Like x 6
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I will agree to the time concern especially in light of people being brought in for the last fight and the increased amount of disconnects happening as of late. I think they do need to institute something at the end so that you can pull in teammates that are brought in to the beginning.

What I won't agree with is the wholesale rejection of this raid and what they tried to do. And seeing the reactions to change from most people, I unfortunately don't expect any change in boss fight mechanics, since it really does seem that people aren't ready for changes just yet. That's just an observation of mine...not a statement of fact or anything.
    • Like x 1