Issue with the sp system and the game in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alphabolt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

No, you're actually just making the situation worse, because when/if you probably end up dying you're forcing other people to stop doing what they're doing to pick you up and if you're in that group of adds etc after murk has decided to have his way with you, while fitting a nice cup of tea in between

[IMG]

you're slowing everything down and even making the tank have to re position so people can safely pick you up, someone probably had to even throw a shield to save you... No, don't do that.
    • Like x 2
  2. August Moon Well-Known Player

no , no its not . if the in the eyes of someone who runs that raid on 2 healer toons i want to say my eyes are not on your health bar. its on the tanks . from jumping from adds , dodging and blocking murk charges i have alot on my plate besides keeping everyones health bar up . if you decide to get hit with an attack that will kill you if i dont respond fast enough youre gonna go down . the tank has shields to block out coming damage besides the gut attack so a quick enhanced priority heal will take care of it .....you dont have shields , and im not putting one on you because youre feeling like superman. if you get hit with a backhand aoe shot from an add or sub boss thats on you. coming from someone who has also tanked it from 2 other toons it isnt as hard to bounce back from a gut shot as you think if you know how to tank
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve only ever been killed by it once. Every other time I’ve survived because it just doesn’t kill you if you’re not taking any other damage.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

So of the numerous mechanics I outlined you had zero issue, nah sorry. I think you've got misplaced beliefs as to what those instances were like at level, they certainly possessed challenges, especially when pugging the content in no way that exceeded those present in current content.

All of which at normal level is exceedingly easy. In fact I'd assert that those particular instances are indeed harder than the normal content now, because back then there were no elite raids so those instances had to actually contain more of a challenge overall, which is in fact contrary to your assertion entirely.
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

the biggest question is when did they start playing the game . maybe they pugged those instances with player waaay above the grade . so when they finally hit of level content it was around spindrift
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do have a shield actually, it absorbs 30-40k and nothing has aggro on me, so I survive. I also have a fully levelled bottle city soda.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  8. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

So, if it's so easy to live through, why do you think the tank can't take the damage, Are you a DPS with a god complex? why are you even risking your life?
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was doing Prison Break when it was released. Of course there were occasional wipes and disbands in all those raids, but nowhere near as frequently as now.
  10. August Moon Well-Known Player

so you did have trouble with those instances
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Of course he did, he contests the frequency of course o_O
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Because the tank IS taking damage from other things. They have the aggro of every npc in the room. I do not, so I just have to have my HL shield or soda ready in case there’s another scripted attack from one of the other bosses before the HoTs bring me back up.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not convinced your figures are right, but that aside as a DPS if you think your shield is strong, how much stronger do you think a tanks shields are?
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, but much much MUCH less often. The margin for error was much wider there than it has been recently.
  15. August Moon Well-Known Player

occasional disbands are normal ? when ? how ? i haven't seen occasional disbands and wipes since people struggled in dwf and Lnw
    • Like x 1
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Probably quite a bit, but again, they’re being attacked by EVERYONE whereas I might, MIGHT have to eat a scripted attack if I’m unlucky.
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If they plan to keep going the way this is going they need to make the game have one role. that role being the one role everyone wants to play dps. Nobody knows how to support it's nuts. Support is trying to go 50 dps 50 support. Plz devs make everyone dps come out with role pets. Take powers that have pets out of the game. Have a dps pet a health. Health pet would be the tanking pet and dps pet would be the dmg pet. These pets do not do dmg they do the same thing artifacts do. This should be done to pvp as well make everyone hit like legends take so away and put role pets in the game. The so tree is ready for this kinda change make it happen
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Very, very occasionally. Until the last 5 raids that is. Now it’s a fairly common occurrence.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

The tank is designed to take the aggro, it's designed to be able to take all the damage in the room, if they can't then there should be an additional tank, not a cavalier DPS who thinks he's possessed with the power of superman after drinking from the same water bottle.

All you're doing is creating a problem. scripted attacks by the way are either avoidable or blockable, that's all you should be doing... avoiding them, not positioning yourself to "take one for the team"... I'm lost for words, but also laughing hysterically right now, so there's that.
  20. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

It does sound demeaning, but, maybe that is because most expect others to belittle them.

If we were not looking at it in a negative light, we'd admit that we all are lazy, nobody really wants to work till they bleed.

I doubt seriously that people do look at the grind and say, yes I get to rerun 500 alerts or run 500 missions for a stye to get a feat.

The same applies to casual vs elite.

The rate of your engagement into the game does play a big part, whether you want to be a minimizer or maximizer.
    • Like x 1