Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And that, plus the "Bait & Switch" on the appearance of the Movie Version of Parallax, are but 2 reasons why Geoff Johns ended up on my "Crap List"! :p

Green Man might not, but what about Jade?

[IMG]

Of course, she's no extraterrestrial, she's merely Meta-Human. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Which is the defense I'll use while she's beating the crap out of me. "But you're not an extraterrestrial. I only hate green-skinned extraterrestrials. I love green-skinned humans, just ask Gar." :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Megzilla Developer

Hey, could you please PM me this? I wont be in the office til next week but I don't want to lose track of this since it seems like a bug. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

agreed, also we need more face styles in general, especially one's we can use with like hoods and helmet and stuff we already have, i was hoping we would eventually get trigon's horns so i could pair them with a hood style. it'd be especially nice if i could pair them with wrath's glare.
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Hi Megzilla,

Here’s a collection of style requests, grouped by type for easier reading.
    In-game already:

Hair:
    Donna Troy
    Lois Lane (both original and updated character models)
    Star Sapphire (Carol Feris)
    Supergirl (updated model)
    Bombshell hairstyles without the hats, handkerchiefs, veils etc. (that don’t clip tiaras etc. without bangs to show the forehead) built in.
    Aquaman hair
    Female Researcher’s bun (man bun for male characters).
    Civilian Pigtails
    Lady Shiva’s hair
    Superboy’s hair

Styles:
    Captain Marvel’s (Shazam) cape w. its clasps
    Martian Manhunter’s folded collar cape w. its clasps
    Jimmy Olsen’s running shoes. (best runners in the game!)
    Black Adam/Captain Marvel’s sash as a waist piece
    Bombshell WonderWoman’s bracers as a separate hand style not part of the chest (similar to how the Mera and Tyrant sets are done).
    Donna Troy plain body suit without cosmic VFX.
    PowerGirl’s cape with clasp.
    Female Researcher’s running shoes.
    Kate Kane’s tuxedo (IceBerg Lounge).
    Vixen’s body suit.

Existing Style Variants:
    Break up the Noble Warrior set (create a chest slot variant essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate bracers as hands pieces.
    Break up the Themysciran battle suit chest (create variants essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate bracers as hands pieces.
    Break up the Ancient Amazon Noble chest (create variants essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate bracers as hands pieces.
    Break up the League of Assassins’s chest set (create variants essentially) into a separate chest piece and separate arm straps as hands pieces.
    Cruel Locks hair variant — longer and fuller in the back. Similar to the hair that comes out of caps and hats but with the top of Cruel Locks.
    Alien set pieces in the market place — Updated to use character palette (skin, hair etc) instead of the costume palette. They’ll be far more usable with this simple update.

New Styles:
    lasso wrapped around waist as a belt (similar to the “whip belt” style) w & w/o lasso hoop hanging at side. preferably emissive to match the lasso of truth VFX.
    Circlets (simple basic thin and thicker versions) head styles.
    Lasso/Lariat hanging at the side of the body as a waist style (similar to the Riddler set waist style)
    Simple V-shaped Amazon style belt with a built in lasso at the side as a waist style.
    Wonder Woman logo t-shirt. The only iconic without one! [IMG]
    WonderGirl (Donna Troy) inspired plain red (w. stars) 80s-90s body suit.

New Iconic Themes:
    Zatanna iconic set
    Wonder Girl iconic set based on season 2 Young Justice (athletic wear/tshirt/runners).
    Captain Marvel (Shazam) / Mary Marvel based on iconic costume look.
    Martian Manhunter set based on iconic look and modern looks.

New Materials:
    Dark, medium and light blue denim
    Leather
    Lasso of truth. Gold and lightly emissive to match the in game power. (blue variant for Wonder Girl optional)
    • Like x 3
  6. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Hey dear.
    First of I want to appreciate deeply cause finally making a few female styles like Queen Atlanna's. I'm really really wishing for more and mostly for Chest Pieces like more One Piece, more Formals, more styles like Metahead style, more net piece and bras, and for Legs more Skirts, Shorts, More flared pants, and more bikini, Honestly and Deeply with all my soul and heart and personally feel like we need at least one good long and short skirt soon, I've mentioned it before many times, something like Tala's skirt cause the current Formal and Druid skirts have terrible graohic and while moving look bad and exactly while flying the blocked thing inside makes bad sense, be best choice is to add a short or bikini under that like Hula, and a short skirt like Supergirl's. And more High Heels like pointed simple high heels (not boots) and More boots, long story short all of them but the actually thing that I'm trying to ask is a "Better Long Ponytail" hair style , cause this one on vendor is really too small and ugly.
    [IMG]

I know it's a bit late to ask for it cause the episode and TC are out. BUT Please consider this type of hair style, also the Atlanna's Ponytail in the Throne of Atlantis is awesome too. We're really lacking some female styles.
    Note: If this hair style will happen, it'll be cool to be a little bit moving while we move the too.
    • Like x 2
  7. NIckNock Well-Known Player

I would love to see in the Fall of next year a similar version of the dcuo enhanced drowned pirate pants as shown below by Jake E. Lee. We can call them a cat-copy proto-type meow.
    Jake E. Lee
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

agree we need more skirts, long and short, even something like Wonder Woman's in the screen shot in the game.
    Also as a reminder would like some socks too....the template is there. Use the Bombshell Harley feet and remove the boots.
    • Like x 1
  9. NIckNock Well-Known Player

I think more skirts and boots would be purrfect for Spring.
  10. DinahLance Level 30

You know what would be epic? This style in a Birds of Prey episode! :)
    [IMG]
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I love it. Perfect choice. And those black leather shorts wouldn’t make it too much of a stretch to make the men’s leather pants or just shorts and skip the stockings.
    Especially love the emblem.
    • Like x 2
  12. X13-KING Well-Known Player

It just doesn't have that atlantean feel that I'm going for. Most of my favorite style are the ones that pays homage to thinks from the classes, but still maintains there own uniqueness. Prime example is the Batman inspired Mask and the Commander's Harpoon Hand styles. Besides with all this new zodiac themed items. why not have some new styles to go with them?? I think it would be so cool to have new water effect styles for an Aquarius armor set or even just a hands style.
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

- A real lantern suit not like the one where there is a big green lantern logo all disgusting (too bad it was almost perfect), I don't even understand why they made such a thickness for this logo when the lantern blue suit has the right size (or in any case the thickness is much, much, much, much more reasonable (I hope the people concerned will be attentive to this remark ;)...

- To be able to put an emblem on certain people who cannot have one today

- A small management of emblem, being able to place it on this piece of equipment in this place would be really cool :)
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It would be helpful to know exactly which Lantern Costume you're trying to recreate. The Emblem on the Scion of Ion Style Set fits with how some artists were drawing the Emblem in the comics at the time it was introduced. That thickness also protects it from distorting the way the Lantern Corps Emblems can distort when applied to certain Slimline Chest Styles.

And speaking of, to create a CLASSIC, comic book style Green Lantern Corps Uniform, here's what you use:

1) Streak Slimline Chest Style
    2) Tertiary Slimline Leg Style
    3) GL Corps Emblem (Regular or Enhanced, your choice. Both are freely available for any character to purchase from Boo$ter Gold in your HQ.)
    4) Slimline Hand Style of your choice.
    5) Foot Style of your choice if you prefer a different look (more on that in a moment.)
    6) Face Style of your choice if you want the classic masked GL look.

This will result in a classic comic book look, and can also be used to make a GL Corps uniform similar to those seen in the animated films Green Lantern: First Flight and Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, like so:

[IMG]

The Slimline Foot Style you see above is actually built into the Leg Style, so you only need a seperate Foot Style added if you want a different look.

The Enhanced GL Corps Emblem glows, like so:

[IMG]

Unfortunately, that Chest & Legs combo looks totally different on female characters, and doesn't reproduce the classic GL Corps Uniform on them. So the only way I've been able to make the classic GL Corps Uniform on a female character is by using the Scion of Ion Chest & Legs, the Batman Beyond Foot Style, and a slimline Hand Style:

[IMG]

But of course, with all the slimline style sets in the game, you can also totally do your own unique look for your character. The game already gives you a lot of options. If you need some help to make a specific look, ASK. There's a lot of us here that will be happy to offer style advice. :)
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I'm up to date on lantern style, I know the green lantern style I want to say "low end" talking style, but the Scion of Ion style still looks better, only spoiled by the emblem, which we've never seen again and I'll stay stubborn with this idea about the Scion of Ion style emblem: p
  16. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Children of the Justice League/Justice Society/Legion of Doom Styles
    I have really loved a number of the Kids styles that have existed in comics since the 90s.

Superboy - Conner Kent
    - [IMG]
    - [IMG]
    Original Jacket from Reign of Supermen with the S on the back. I would however like to have the CHEST emblem be an LARGE Emblem Slot of OUR OWN Emblem. There is also the Titans of Tomorrow Superman chest/emblem the Red S with Black background.

Kid Flash - Bart Allen/Wally West
    - [IMG]
    Kid Flash Cowls would be great to have be it one with or without goggles on it. The goggled version is something that came into being really with the YJ cartoon and New 52 Teen Titans. Why not have a Kid Flash Goggle 'face' style that is the goggles that will fit over your forehead of your Head style?

Robin - Damian Wayne
    - [IMG]
    - [IMG]
    That tunic of his as well as the two toned hooded cape are the two most requested items for Damian. I know the cape is something for now two toned you can't do for our characters but can do on NPCs. Still I had to note it. There is also the Future Batman version of Damian that is really cool and people would love to have a way to make that chest.

Superboy - Jonathan Kent - Post Convergence New 52
    - [IMG]
    -[IMG]
    Many really want his Superboy zip up hoodie. Yes we have the normal Blue Superman and Black Superboy hoodies but people really want this multi colored zip up version. There is also a new more teenager version that is coming out in the next issues of Superman.

Miss Martian - Megan - Titans of Tomorrow
    - [IMG]
    Her Titans of Tomorrow hairstyle some may like. The bald with a pony tail look.

Aqualad - Khaldur'am/Jackson - YJ or TT both Pre Flashpoint and Post Rebirth
    I've said it before and will again his SKIN with those glowing tattoos would be epic to have. Even a version with the neck gills from Young Justice would be cool.

Hunter Prince - The Legacy/Darkness story line in Rebirth JL
    - [IMG]
    Hunter has a few great pieces to his style. We have the Lasso of Truth hanging from his Belt. A short sword on his right pant leg. WW broken Tiara wrapped around his left bicept. The Superman Cape draping completely around his shoulders secured by an amazon eagle. I would also love to see his Feat style, this is a basic work boot with amazon vanbracers covering your existing leg style. Those Amazon Eagle bracers would be great to have, some sites claim these are WW bracelets of submission. What if the Braclets of Submission and the Broken Tiara worked as a single Hand style? His sword would make a good One Handed and Dual Wield weapon.

Cruise - Nora Allen - The Legacy/Darkness story line in Rebirth JL
    - [IMG]
    Nora has a great chest piece. This would make a great new chest for players to have especially if you took that Left Breast Flash Emblem and made it into an open Left Breast Emblem Slot.

Cube - George Stone - The Legacy/Darkness story line in Rebirth JL
    - [IMG]
    Cube has a very interesting 2.0 cyborg skin that I think people would really enjoy. Those always lit motherbox 'tattoo' lines would be very cool. Of course have the markings go off the Tattoo color.

Stargirl - Courtney Whitmore - JSA member pre Flashpoint
    - [IMG]
    People really tend to love her STAFF and it would make both a great Back item and a Staff weapon. Many tend to like her chest piece with the Central Star and then 3 stars on the arms, a thought on this what if each Star was turned into an Emblem Slot? It could look really cool and add a lot of character customization.

Cyclone - Maxine Hunkel - JSA member pre Flashpoint
    - [IMG]
    Many people really liked her Chest Piece with that extra layer that whirled around with her wind powers. With the new extra mesh for tops that were shown with the Drown set these is now something that could be made.

Citizen Steel - Nathan Haywood - JSA member pre Flashpoint
    - [IMG]
    Nate had a very cool slimline costume that had a metalic sheen to to it as it was made of literal metal to dampen his strength. Could some form of a Citizen Steel slimline be introduced for this? We could even replace the Chest Emblem with our Own maybe.

Warhawk - From JLU/Batman Beyond
    - [IMG]
    -[IMG]
    His Metal Wings and Helm some would probably like to have. I think some would also love that hawk emblemed chest armor.
    • Like x 3
  17. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Yo, I'm Miss Martian, Looking Weird :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  18. Megzilla Developer

His legs are so similar to the drowned's!! Just his garter is on the other side. :p
    No plans yet
    Apply water material to gloves? :D
  19. Megzilla Developer

Beautiful!! I'll crosscheck with my list to make sure I have everything. Thank you so much for writing this up!
    • Like x 5
  20. Megzilla Developer

We are definitely pushing what we do with costumes - I know a lot of people want more feminine designs. We are keeping an eye on how people react to styles like the Drowned & Atlanna since that's the best way we can get female-specific styles I think. We def need some better skirt options, for sure. And a cute ponytail!!! Thanks for the suggestions. :)
    The strappy bustiers or whatever are so cute, would love to do something like this!! I think this moto jacket could be different enough from the Lobo set.. maybe!
    Thank you for all the ref & suggestions!
    • Like x 5