1. ALB Dedicated Player

My only problem with new content is the event part. If the duo could be a nightmare. I spent 100mil, got all my alts to endgame and it has been way easier running the reg duo and alert than the event version. Even with only 100sp
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I respect that, but my experience has been that having mechanics driven encounters like the ones we’ve had in Episode 32 and to a lesser extent Spindrift for normal raids has been a very painful attempt to put a square peg in a round hole. I’ve been in LFG groups that have failed miserably in all of them. And the alert from the Deathstroke encounter onwards constantly forces you to make split-second life-or-death decisions. It’s been been a very trying, exhausting couple of months for me.

I was assured that having this content would force people to adapt and improve, and that people would stick around longer because it was ‘engaging’. Well guess what? I’m still seeing players get themselves killed in stupid ways, often getting me flustered and causing me to make my own dumb mistakes. I’m still looking at a community that is steadily declining in both numbers and attitudes. I just feel like I’ve been put through the wringer and it was all for naught. I’m actually dreading November right now.
    • Like x 1
  3. DaveFelterbush Active Player

bro why do you even waste your time with players like this. they are the reason why this game is/has falling/fallen. cry cry cry all day long because they don't want to take the time to figure out things like we have in the past and still do. imagine if these 2017-2018 players played during the wave days. they would been rage quit and deleted the app. wahhh this guy is out dpsing me, we are the same power but he's 10cr higher than me oh and he's got 200 more sp me, PLEASE fix this devs i should be able to do the same damage as him! wahhh. a bunch of bologna. they stay asking for nerfs to raids that require a good tank, heal, troll, dps. i shouldn't even say good, more like competent and knowledged. I've been playing for 6year and than some. all i ever see is crying from players that don't want to put in the work, and no offense to the devs but they gobble that stuff up and make the changes. i grinded and studied to be where i am in the game, whats funny is that they have the opportunity to do the same things.
    -sorry not sorry for the rant-
    P.S. a raid is for 8 players so its impossible to solo it as a DPS at relevant cr/level
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

*sigh*
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Didn't T5 have 2 pieces of gear completely missing for like 6 months? Ain't wave the reason we have AM/WM? Didn't 5 players get all the feats in wave? When it was still relevant? Didn't T5 start with gear outside of vendor? T5 is probably the main reason we are where we are, but players are constantly using wave as the shining beacon in the dark. Use FOS 2, prime or Inner. Wave is one of the main reason we are where we are
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m just tired figuratively and literally of being instantly obliterated every time I put a foot wrong in episode 32. Nobody has to agree with me but there’s no reason to be unkind about it. (Not really aimed at you, that last bit, I’m just saying generally.) :(
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

No, its players that rather have content so mind numbing easy where they one shot the boss and QQ on the forums when they run into the slight inch of difficulty is the reason the game is in bad shape.

Where are you getting only 5 players got all feats in wave? Quit pulling numbers out of your *** and come back with facts.....no one was running wave less than 8 people and getting the feats. It took players months to get epic odyssey let alone the speed feat.
    • Like x 1
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

A USPS villain league called reasons 5 manned the feats in there. AB might have been out, but Wave was definitely still the hardest raid. Wave started AM/WM. AM/WM is the reason for the combat updates and the imbalance that will never end
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

This is how the forum members do it. They derail the thread and then get it closed because they don't agree.
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I never even heard of that league and i call BS on 5 manning the feats when it was still relevant,Still even if they 5 manned it(which i seriously doubt as their isnt a video of it on youtube) you still had more than 5 people that got all the feats out of it. That raid was a monster and this game needs more raids like it....

Wave started Am/Wms? no, it didn't....Ams came out years after Wave came out so explain how wave started AM/WM? WM/AMs came from the people who think everything is too hard and complain about it on forum instead of learning on how to improve.
    • Like x 1
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

Celestial and Rage were the first AM powers. HL was so op in OC raids they made an easy AM high dps power like Celestial and then made rage even more OP. WM was made to keep up with AM. Like rage and celestial. Reasons definitely 5 manned the feats. They has a rage dps. AB was probably out, but Wave was still the hardest raid. Their leader Hooops posted it on the forums
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I fail to see how those pwoers being "OP" was because of Wave, HL was "OP" before Wave, their are videos of people jump clipping(RIP) back in FOS 2 days.....And celestial and rage have no connections to OC, so tell me how the hell is Wave the reason for AM/WM? The reason they brought AM/WM was because of so many people whining that dps was too hard and wanted an easy mode, again AM/WM was because of the players, NOT because a raid was too hard..
    • Like x 1
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

On ps server Hl wasn't op. In T4 any power could win with consumables, SS, and clips. Because OC raids made melee not worth it, HL became op. I know some was making other powers work, but those powers needed 3 trolls. Cele is the first AM which dropped right around OC raids. Celestial was released as an advance mechanic power. Again, Celestial was released as an advance mechanic power. Rage was also. Celestial at time of release did around same damage as HL and used a lot less power. Call it whining or whatever, OC raids is the reason for combat today.
  14. DaveFelterbush Active Player

i'll have to be honest man, origin crisis raids are not the reason WM/AM came out. they came out with it because people didn't want to learn how to clip and further their dcuo dps experience. literally thats it. people who couldn't do it cried, devs listened so what do the devs do, they incorporate WM. it was a cool concept no lie and in my opinion didnt make the game any worse. it was another thing to adapt and adjust to. so what does the clipping community do. they adjust to this new mechanic and make it shine. clipping and weapon mastery = nasty numbers. community that falls short because they can't clip still keep crying and what do the devs do.. they listen and boom now we have AM. easiest way to do damage. and decent damage. its rinse and repeat from here now. because now the people who where clipping and then adding WM to the mix where like oh dude go mental, do grandeur then weapon mastery hit mass terror then clip the rest of your powers using renown boosters. welcome to revamp. lol.
    also we bring up raids like wave because that crap was hard as heck. and it was a challenge. IT WAS FUN. now we have hive elite, that me and my league blow through in less than 20 minutes.
    • Like x 2
  15. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I feel u man on the whole raid thing. u see this revamp made it so gear only keeps u alive with health and defs this means gear doesn't really give u any dmg at all. that's where skill points come in ur pushed to do feats that's what makes those lower end raids very hard for new players to do. the first thing I noticed when I came onto dcuo after the revamp was that gear had no dmg stats at all. which I knew was gonna be one hell of a problem for players without much sp and new players would just give up altogether. that's why im voting on a gear rank system to happen very soon. its not just gonna make playing the game worth ur time its gonna make it so u want to play longer and get ur membership worth and use more toons. get exp for ur gear and share it with an alt that has low stats or whatever. I don't know any of my alts that have elite gear or op gear so I don't even know why we have elite gear or op gear in dcuo anymore. its like they think we only use one toon or something
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Everyone was clipping before t5 raids. Remember phase dodge and whirling dervish before t5 and all the clips ice had, but only 1 had a clear advantage with jump clipping after melee was made so hard it wasn't worth it. Other powers could jump clip, but no where near as effective as HL and those powers needed PD too. That's why 3 trolls were needed for other powers to shine. Celestial was released pretty quick into t5. I will give you the devs made Celestial an AM around the time players were arguing against WM. We didn't know anything about AMs when celestial was released, the devs made a graph or something showing AMs and celestial and rage were on there. Wave was ok, but because of whining or w/e, it put us on the slippery slope of combat changes. Replays were released after T4, but it was only a 100$ for all body pieces. Wave made replays the paywall it is today. Wave, imo, is responsible for a lot of problems with game now. Another thing about Wave, a few pieces were left out or the rng was really ridiculous.
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

Then that's a problem.
    If you make.something CR 10 and up..
    Then a group of CR 10's should in fact be able to beat it. Otherwise they shouldn't be allowed in
    • Like x 1
  18. Yaiba Committed Player

Ask people to carry you, i think that's the best solution for new player like you :cool: :cool: :cool:
  19. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sorry but you are wrong.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ergotth Committed Player

I
    think they should bump the minimal level from 10+ to 20+. More experience, more skills, better gear.