1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No you came in this thread to jump on me, you didn't offer the OP any advice on his problem. I did, stop random queuing or accept the consequences of it
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t have anything that wasn’t already covered by the people who were actually trying to help instead of just having a mean-spirited dig.

I’m just disappointed that so little has changed while I’ve been too busy/tired with the newest episode to really look or participate in the forums. I’ve had to work twice as hard just to maintain my status quo on this episode and for what?

I was informed that if we had convoluted instant death gauntlets in the alert and normal raids as well as the elite raids, it would improve player retention and attitudes. So why hasn’t that happened? Why has nothing changed?
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's because nothing needs to change. It's always been a small minority that has issues with content in general. Would be a waste of resources when players have the tools in front of them to fix their problem.

You have me stumped by that last paragraph, what do you mean instant death gauntlets? Like gloves that one shot enemies? Or is there a joke im missing?
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh, it’s like when people say “running the gauntlet” as a synonym for an obstacle course or something. Maybe it’s not a thing where you live, I apologise.

The point is I’ve endured an awful lot of hardships in this stupid episode, but I was assured that having this brutal content would be somehow beneficial for the game and it’s players. And frankly, I’m rather miffed because if anything, it seems it’s still getting worse!
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

*sigh*
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What you did there?

Saw it.

Can you offer me an explanation for why this little experiment hasn’t paid off like I was told it would?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What experiment?
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Making the alert and normal raids much more taxing than usual.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could you direct me to an official statement where that was stated?
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It wasn’t an official statement, it’s what I was told by multiple forumites to justify their point of view.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'll wait.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wait for what?
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For you to explain and show proof of whatever it is you're taking about. You're saying "The point is I’ve endured an awful lot of hardships in this stupid episode, but I was assured that having this brutal content would be somehow beneficial for the game and it’s players." makes no sense. This content (other than elite) isn't any more difficult than the last episode. So please enlighten me because either I missed something or you misread something.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t be obtuse, you KNOW people have been telling me this since the dawn of time. And claiming things like Deathstroke, Terra and HIVE Master are no more difficult than say, Per Degaton or Owlman is straight up BS. Heck, just compare the wave event in HIVE Reborn to its immediate predecessor in Gotham City Zoo.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What's getting worse?? The population? It's been static, even with this more supposedly difficult content. Threads that complain about difficulty are once in a blue moon occurrence, because the majority of players still get their stuff done with little issues. When you realize you're speaking for a very small minority of people, then maybe you'll realize it's not the actual content that's the problem.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

At some point you need to stop blaming the content, look in the mirror and ask, "What am I doing wrong?"
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The Infinity Gauntlet ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just this week I’ve been in a very uncomfortable situation because of the Terra fight that would never have happened in The Escape. Maybe the US server is different, but on EU we’ve been struggling and it’s caused a lot of unnecessary drama.
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I don't think that the content is different, but perhaps the players are. I just took a fresh 230 friend (and a 232 random guy) through HIVE tonight, we grouped 5 people then queued in for the rest. We wiped once "whoa what are these neutralizers?!" and then got through it. We had to explain the Neutralizers and prioritizing creatures/rocks in the Terra fight, but that's it, the rest was just killing stuff. We had no drama, no rage quits, just a little hump to get over and we did it pretty easily.

I don't know you, and I'm not trying to hate on you or the OP. In my experience communication and coordination are the main challenges of the game. Which I like, because it makes me feel like I'm organizing my own Legion of Doom or, playing my role in someone else's "super team". I grew up watching cartoons like Super Friends, it always came down to the team having a plan in order to overcome their enemies. I like getting to play with that as a game element.
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

Double edged sword. It can be said a very small minority wanted hard content. If the population is static why change up?