Test Discussion Augments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

The more exo materials can do the better.

However I wholeheartedly disagree with your assertion players don't use buff soders.

Serious players will use buff soders the effects stack with the bottled city soder so they're not obsolete you only have to use one every 30 mins or if knocked out.

If you're not using buff soders you are actively nerfing yourself.

Edit - should add too with them being even cheaper and easier to make with this change there's no excuse not to use them.
    • Like x 5
  2. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I logged on with each of my test characters at different CRs to look at how the XP scales. This isn't a representative sample, but it seems like there's a reasonable progression in XP.

In the list below GE = golden exobyte. I fortified four different base augments for each character. Out of the 20 that I fortified, six received critical XP. The normal level augments achieved are in the list below, and the levels achieved with criticals are below the list.

• 70 CR, GE gives 16,370 XP, augment level = 87 (18,051 XP)*
    • 105 CR, GE gives 29,197 XP, augment level = 105 (30,878 XP)
    • 173 CR, GE gives 134,520 XP, augment level = 157 (136,201 XP)**
    • 201 CR, GE gives 360,500 XP, augment level = 192 (362,181 XP)***
    • 224 CR, GE gives 370,727 XP, augment level = 193 (372,408 XP)

*2 normal and 2 criticals: 93 (22,143 XP) and 99 (26,236 XP)
    **2 normal and 2 criticals: both 164 (169,831 XP)
    ***2 normal and 2 criticals: both 198 (452,306 XP)
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Imo golden exobytes shouldn't be critting, their purpose imo is to boost people up to where they are on live, there shouldn't be an element of RNG to this, it should just be a flat figure.
    • Like x 4
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yeah, I was surprised by the crits. The first time it happened, I triple checked my inventory to make sure I hadn't accidentally added something else in addition to the gold exobyte before hitting fortify, lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Think Avair or SJ said it on the Livestream. Also, of course its presuming of me, with the removal of Simple/Complex and other things as materials to craft the enhanced is going away i would think these would certainly be the items used to make them. Unless they give us those Enhanced for free which im okay with! :D
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Nah if the exo materials aren't in the recipe it'll just be straight motes.

I had a enhanced conqueror plan on test that I believe took motes and complex, it now just takes motes ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Kestral Committed Player

Just to clarify. I know they would still be needed for the gathering feat. I'm just saying they would never need actually use the quantities of Exo-Materials that the gathering feet requires you to get.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It might also be worth noting that it's the nodes that signal to the game you've collected something so they won't have taken these out because they need them to register for the feat.

The question came up when exobyte clusters were introduced and it was asked if they counted towards feat progression and this was explained as the technicality.

Basically the game counts 1 when you press the node, that's why it's only 1 even when multiple exobits drop from 1 node.

Short of just handing everyone the 25,000 gathering feat, which would have been tragic (badoomtsh see what I did there) this was the best solution.

They've already handed a tonne of feats out for free with this new system they have to draw a line somewhere.

This also allows them room for recipe expansion and makes people work slightly for buff soders.
    • Like x 4
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

I have a stack of total recovery kits which i spent daybreak cash on ,will those be converted into 20 xp like exceptional recovery kits ?

That would be a bad joke!
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

A lot of people keep asking about Total Recovery Kits. It was said on the livestream and, I believe, in a green post here somewhere that they’re intending to convert those into XP boosters (for fortifying augments). If you’ve seen the xp needed for upgrading augments, they will have good value after the 18th.
    • Like x 2
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yep, Mepps said they would be converted.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...m-questions-thread.297360/page-5#post-4151554
    • Like x 2
  12. Avair Administrator

Happy Monday!

Total Recovery Kits are going to be converted to Exobyte Boosters. Exobyte Boosters are used during Fortification to increase the experience from all Exobytes in the queue by 35%. It is a 1 to 1 changeover.

You get one by consuming a Total Recovery Kit.

I am gathering information for a major post based on feedback and whatnot from the weekend. Look forward to that!
    • Like x 13
  13. Luke© Well-Known Player

The "Fortify" Tab seems a bit bugged. It has some problems with scrolling down.
  14. Krys Ptoleny New Player

What about exceptional recovery kits?
    • Like x 1
  15. generalzod Committed Player

Are we only getting 4 main augments ? not 8? So we will have to choose if were a great DPS or Roles ? When most of us that are maxed out 237 - 240 CR have the top New justice mods both sides ? I've seen this ask alot on forums no response . Don't you think if you only give us 4 the community will go crazy ?
  16. generalzod Committed Player

17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Probably best to let him answer when he has all the information before you start lighting your torches and grabbin pitchforks.

• Like x 2
  18. DCAutymn Developer

Hi all!

They systems team has been reading the responses, and we're working on changes. While these are not on test yet, I wanted to let you know how we are changing the initial Exobyte grant quest.

The quest that grants your initial Exobytes will give you a box to open. The box will contain 8 Golden Exobytes. Four of the Golden Exobytes are "Damaging" and will fortify either Mighty or Precise Augments. The other four Golden Exobytes are "Supporting" and will fortify either Restoring, Vital, or Dominating Augments.

We are also reviewing our stat grants, but I do not have anything to share right now. Stay tuned!

Happy Monday!
    Autymn
    • Like x 36
  19. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Thank You!!!
    This is a Great Step in the right Direction. I Look forward to hearing More.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fergjeezy357 New Player

Outstanding. Huge step in the right direction.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.