DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My feedback is that I'm almost certain that Augments will be used to power rock-kicking contests outside the HQ of Daybreak Games.

Prove me wrong.

(This why asking people to prove a negative is a logical fallacy. HTH.)
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

what about roles? i am sure we are gona get seperate slots for both roles... or do we have to share role augments to make it more tactical and less specific? will they be imprintable in your characters armory? or how exactly will that work? well, since it is going directly into the body: no color sockets anylonger, right? i mean, with a system similar to PVP gear: are all augments gona be like prismatic sockets?
  3. Dene Devoted Player

So if they fix your power then suddenly you will love *all* aspects of the game ?
    • Like x 1
  4. ChillCat Loyal Player

Oy! Watch the recent livestream with Jack where he's discussing comics and how they inspire DCUO content. In the Q&A he said he absolutely wants to do an LSH episode. It just won't be this year. There hasn't been "total silence"...you're not paying attention.
    • Like x 3
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

Most of the young ones here don't get that reference, but you know what....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. omega2550 Well-Known Player

I'll double check the last 5 and see what they say. Please tell me which one your talking about
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, it’s likely that the new live action Titans series will also re-tell the Terra story in some form; and Terra will likely come up in the new Young Justice season (her brother Geo-Force already featured in some teasers). The source material gets re-told time and again with only some new little twists here and there. It’s true with all fictional properties.

The twist I see shaping up here is possibly an attempt at immersion. We are being invited to try out for the Titans; and I’m betting Terra is going to be chosen as if she was out there in the crowd with us. We are likely rejected when they choose Terra, but then the Titans call for our help when Terra betrays them. It would be an interesting way to integrate us into the story. In that scenario, Terra was one of us first; she betrays us just as much as the Titans.
  8. Tesseon New Player

DID SOMEONE SAY TEEN TITANS?
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yeah, I was the one who asked if we'd ever see the LSH in the game, and Jack said definitely and sure, though they don't have immediate plans in the works. I was very happy to have gotten him to say that, since I've been asking for years and always previously gotten dead silence from green names on the question.
  10. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Mepps said they'll auto complete for everyone so that's not the biggest thing to be concerned about at the moment. As of now it's the same questions and concerns we have when something new is introduced and we don't know anything about it.

"Will my alts benefit from this? Could I share the ranking materials between my toons? Will I have to pay for it? Will I be able to rank it from MC alone? Will it make me weaker for awhile? Will they scale with my cr when they are released or will we have to start from scratch like artifacts? WILL THERE BE A CAP ON HOW STRONG ONE CAN BECOME?!? I think I already know the answer but it would be sweet if they didn't lol. And the last and final question one may ask, Will augments fix pvp? I'll answer that now.......NO, no it won't.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think the revamp is what made Riddled with Crime kind of an "eh" success. gameplay is not fun for me. i had no fun running the content. i think a lot of players felt the same way. hence no players today t run new content.

i was always able to adapt with every change. nine, ten months in and i'm playing an out of tune instrument. i can't stand how it sounds. i want it fixed. all of it. prior to the revamp I was working on seventeen characters. now I barely log on my main character.

They !@#$ed everything up.
  12. SuperNeo New Player

Awesome. Teen Titans are coming too dcuo.
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Yes, the second bullet for me mostly. I bought atleast 10 New Justice Underground Mod Removal Kits on all my main toons and it cost a pretty penny in MoV across the board. Please tell me that it all just went to waste...

Though, I am very excited about the new Episode AND Augments. I really like the idea so far because I very much so disliked the grind every other DLC for all my toons mods.

Also, just for a reference as to what questions to answer when the time comes. For players who like to play both roles, how will the mods/stats play out? Will the new Augments sysyem be divided up/shared stats? Very curious as to how that will play out. Somebody mentioned it earlier in thid thread and it struck a nerve somehow lol. Im sure when the information is ready they will enlighten us a bit more.

Any info would be great *cough* *cough* Mepps :)
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Because the game was TOO EASY WITH AM´S!!! i bet you loved to one-shot everything and that´s why you are still "complaining" about the revamp.

SMH....
  15. omega2550 Well-Known Player

OK I found it clip. But we are still talking about mid 2019. At the best of times. Because 6 months from now is Mid-Nov. It s really sad for a comics series with the history that the LSH. To have been put on the back burners for so long is really. For the comics and for them to appear here in DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

of course the dozens of posts where i go over the fail of my powers, videos i've posted of double casts, powers failing, constant cooldown issues with powers i'm supposed to be spamming and generally seeing loadouts i should otherwise enjoy using doing nothing because the game is now set up to cater to a few very specific loadouts means nothing because you know absolutely everything! i just want to one shot everything!

you're just a cookie cutter youtube warrior who buys his way out of everything.

(see what I did there?)

the game is currently no more or less difficult than its ever been. if anything its easier than ever. its because they !@#$ed up balancing powers to make up for it.
  17. Riddim7 Active Player

1 simple question - this new Augments system will be in any way related to Time Capsules or MarketPlace?

After reading that exobits wil be 1 way of rank it up and after Kim Dzong Un's of game in they endless wisdom put Sin Stones on marketplace to charge artifacts, im afraid that i already know the answer, and this whole new system will be another way to put in game microtransaction, this time to R&D.
  18. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

The original post said, 'This new system will replace R&D equipment mods.' What about generator mods? Please don't forget the massive time suck of crafting the current essence based gen mods. In other words get rid of those too, thanks.
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Please allow us to FARM rare NTH METALS in bounties.. My suggestion is allowing us to fight ICONIC characters who EXCLUSIVELY DROP rare NTH that requires teamwork etc.. Make it happen DC! Switch it up.. Definitely time to do things different..

Currently the NTH metals you have in VENDOR is A COMPLETE JOKE! 25/50 MOV for 10/20 exp????? Who is deciding these prices? That is horrid. No offense.

Everything doesnt always have to be RANDOM.. Random this, random that, and Random drops, etc . Can we for once control our own destiny regarding farming etc???? Is that too much to ask??

Please dont make this DLC go to waste being a CARBON copy of gameplay/missions as the last couple of DLCs.. Let the creative JUICES flow... Repetitiveness is ALWAYS BORING.. Good luck!
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

right now nth metal isn't really a problem as everything and i do mean everything drops nth metal, even the commons treet criminals like thugs and saboteurs, and bounties already take teamwork as a solo player even a tank is going to have a hard time surviving the high damage hits that bounties deal even to players at or above the bounty's cr. it's like trying to fight a raid boss single player, they changed the bounties from being easily soloable to having split damage that has to be divvied between at least 3 players. though i do agree that bounties would be an interesting way to circumvent the rampant rng it would be a pain to try and gather up groups to do them once everybody effectively has the rewards. better to put stuff in as investigations and briefings.