Daybreak, you guys need a new plan now....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO SmackThem, May 16, 2018.

1. Malachee Committed Player

Being aware that a boat is sinking and knowing what to do to stop it from doing that are two VERY different things.

Perhaps the reason you read so many of the same complaints about DCUO repeated over, and over, and over through the years is that these issues that upset so many current (and sadly, former) players, are never dealt with or fixed?
    • Like x 1
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Partly. But mostly its bc this is a forum which is where people go to whine.
    • Like x 1
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

There is a huge difference between "knowing" the game because you find bugs, glitches, and exploits, and "knowing" the game by having the raw data of people leaving, returning, or new accounts created and amount of money being made or lost because of it. As a game developer, I'm sure you know that.

You could argue if the Devs knew the game it wouldn't be loosing players, but it would be a bad argument. Again, you don't have the numbers. You can point at the five "I quit" posts a month, or the anecdotal "my whole League left" as evidence, but only the Devs can pull up the numbers. And neither you nor the Devs can prove WHY people leave. Time Capsules, bugs, boredom, new game came out, schools back in session, and the infinite number of reasons why that are mostly out of the Devs' control.

I asked this to the OP and I don't think I got an answer. What variety are you looking for? There is only so much you can do differently.

I myself never played SM and rarely PvP'd and haven't stopped spending money, and I bet I'm in the majority in that regard. I'm not pulling my arguments out of nowhere. Mepps said very few people played SM and it didn't justified the resources. It sucks that it makes the game more boring to you, but I doubt the money you personally spent would pay for the man hours needed to keep SM alive.

There we go, the old "Devs don't do what I want them to do, so they must be crazy" mentality.

You say "leaving confirmed broken bugs" like they're doing it to spite the players. Are these bugs game breaking? If not, it's probably not hurting the game. The thing about bugs, and as a game developer you should know this, is knowing what is causing the bug. That takes time, and not necessarily the time you want it to take. Maybe if a bug is taking years to fix, it's because the bug isn't obvious and/or the bug is only an irritant that isn't a high priority. And they release another 7 TC's because they pay for themselves.
  4. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I gave you a very detailed response of when I came and my experiences in early game to prove that I was here in the beginning. You didnt respond to that when you saw you lost that argument. Now you're back to argue semantics bc techically I came right around the first dlc. Move along kid.
  5. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I didn't respond cause the form was deleted and I didn't want to get banned again. But yea from your recent comment your not a day 1. Now you said you started in 2012. 2012 isn't day one.

But whateves. Continue on. No need 4 me to respond to your future response. Don't want this thread to be taken down by me going back and fourth. I got my answer which lead for me 2 be right
  6. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

"I'm right dont respond" lol whatever man. You said I was only saying I had been here in the beginning to say that I was trying to add clought to my name and argument. Me coming at the first dlc doesnt make you right about that. But whatever man if we are done here thats perfect.
  7. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

So what I’m getting out of all this is that

1. Some of you people think the devs completely know what they’re doing
    2. Some believe this game doesn’t need variety at all.
    3. DC is doing the best it’s done in a long time.
    4. I’m just being a whiney forum user who has unjustified reasons as to why I believe the game needs to be improved.
    5. We got the off topic “I been here since beta” conversation going.

1. As said above, HOW DO THE DEVS KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON WHEN THEY DON’T EVEN PLAY THEIR OWN GAME? You guys say “aww they got the numbers and know what’s going on with how active the population is.” Well have They actually done an eye test? Or is Mepps logging on that attracts players from every phase to completely lag the phase by spawning some huge boss the eye test? If youvtruly believe Devs don’t do stupid things just because, then you haven’t actually played games. Look at Madden, they produce an even worse game every single year ignoring the calls for producing a good game in favor of Ultimate Team. They take out the best features just to reintroduce it into another game years down the road and manage to make that feature worse than before. Same with 2k the gameplay sucks, everything is poured into MyTeam population has dexclined. Do I have the actual numbers? No but if things take longer to Que than before, I barely see as much people in phases or friends barely log on anymore, it’s safe to assume the population is declining...

2. Like I said earlier, Yes the game lacks variety in many ways. Outside of PVE content, there’s almost nothing to do. SM was a way to test the abilities of the elitists, PVP was also used to test out the skills of players while being able to enjoy themselves as a break from PVE. Sure you may be right, maybe SM wasn’t drawing major attention but that provided an alternative to just going to one of the DLC areas, killing 300 adds, and doing the dailies everyday. Like mentioned above, that gets boring. If you don’t get bored to doing repeated content every day, cool good for you, but you aren’t everyone else.

3. You tell us we don’t have the numbers to back up our statements that the population is declining, but do you? Exactly lean back on the devs, that doesn’t mean they make the smartest gaming decisions.

4. People go on the forums to do a variety of things, Have off topic discussions, show off characters, trade/sell items, applaud devs for making a fix they been pushing for, and criticize the devs for whatever reason... not everybody is whining, some people actually want to play a game that’s wirthy instead of dealing with bs, or being bored. The issues with the game tend to be on the devs but I can easily shift the blame towards players who try to ignore the issues and make it seem like the game is doing as well as any other game. Yes there definitely are the crybabies who want to be spoonfed rewards or easier content, but there are also people who just want an improved game, and as I see it, the game is in dire need of improvement more than it is in need of new content or time capsules. It seems like Fortnite is the only game nowadays that puts the customer first, and guess where they are now?

5. Yes it is definitely cool to hear about longtime players with experience and all, but I don’t see the point in pointing that out at every opportunity. I have respect for the vets of the game because 9 times out of 10 they know the most about the game. I’m more of a late 2012 player but is this supposed to give me instant credibility?
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. There's an old adage that warns against assuming anything. Longer queue times and not seeing as many players in a phase could be a result of players playing new/other content, the time of day or even the day of the week. Not seeing friends/familiar faces could be anything from a change in their play patterns to just missing someone. To simply assume it means a population decline just comes across as silly, and that's under the best of circumstances.

3. Players only have a small window through which to observe the game at any given moment, so any observation we make is anecdotal at best. Anyone outside of the dev team that tries to make any sort of definitive statement about population numbers being up or down doesn't really have a leg to stand on. So when someone tries to say population is declining based on their anecdotal experiences when the anecdotal experiences of others are different, the burden of proof often ends up falling on the person who's making the claim.

5. Having a good deal of experience with the game does help in the eyes of some when it comes to credibility. Personally I think doing some homework before trying to make any statements about the game (especially if there's been a sizable lapse in playing the game or even following news about it) is pretty helpful. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

You are officially a troll. . . You are that type of player that almost every game has where the developers can **** on this game completely and you'd still be thanking them.

They push a TON of new TC's but yet confirmed content/powers remain broken for years.... the devs really know where the priority's are huh... BUT it seems to still keep players like you happy lol

You don't need the "raw numbers" to see that DCUO is dying, you would be making a complete joke of yourself if you even tried to argue that DCUO is as active as it was 3-5 years ago, but its not.... population has died down, allot of people have left, allot of people no longer play the game and sit in watchtower and then you got majority of which who play the broker. Bottom line is, there are less players, que times are extremely long, there are less phases, open world is becoming empty, pvp phase is hardly active, villain side numbers are a joke now and DCUO now also suffers from time of day where it gets progressively slower at night. (DCUO didn't have slow que times at night years back.. why? more players = more players on at all times)

Who are you kidding? but its ok, at the end of the day you are going to keep believing what you want to believe, keep replying with your bull "but the devs . . ."