Daybreak, you guys need a new plan now....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO SmackThem, May 16, 2018.

1. SuperBell Loyal Player

What are you even saying?
  2. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

These posts are always funny. Devs use analytics to see how playerbase and profit are effected by everything they do. Yet somehow these guys always think they know something the devs don't. These posts are all the same. There wasnt a single original thought in here. Why didnt you just comment on one of the 80 "I dont like time capsules" posts out there already.
    • Like x 1
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

I was in Beta.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Beta came out October 8th, 2010.
    I beleive sign up was June 2010

FYI there a more than a few here who have been around that long
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Well if that were true, maybe like I said the population wouldn’t be in such a terrible state as of now.... you’re right, these thoughts weren’t original because they’ve been problematic for damn near 2 years and beyond..... Like I said, I love DC, I don’t want to see the game in the state it is but it all comes down to how the devs want this game to play out. I keep seeing the same things in thus thread “Oh the devs got it, they know what they are doing.” Well if they did, you wouldn’t be seeing these complaints nor would there be loads of people leaving the game more than there are joining it. None of the devs play the game at all anyway so how would they know what the atmosphere is like?
    • Like x 1
  6. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Sorry for typos lol using phone just don’t bother it lol :D
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Was just giving him ****. "joshin him" Dont be so sensitive. And no theres quite literally only a few. Theres hardly any from 2012 when I first started playing. Unless like me they have new forum names bc they took a long break. I guess that's possible.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

September, 2011 here. Right when the very first dlc dropped.
  9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Heres the thing, pick any wildly succesful mmo (I'm not saying dcu is wildly successful) and go to their official forum. Its going to be full of complaints. Forums are where people go to whine. Kinda goes back to the whole "a happy customer tells one person, a mad customer tells 10 people". Unhappy people whine more than happy people praise.

So your argument that the forums would be a happy place if things were going well is false. Secondly the game population is just fine. I was here not at launch but very close to it in 2012 and stayed until AMs were introduced. (Now THAT was a population killer, notice that they are already gone) Both me and the real life friend I played with were shocked at the number of players online. I have no data other than the eyeball test but I'd be willing to make a small wager that the player base is near the highest its ever been. The watchtower and any hero safehouse are more full than I've ever seen. You on the other hand (just sayin) havent even played in 6 month but are commenting on a declining population as if its fact. I'm pretty positive you are wrong.
  10. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Nice. I'm not sure the exact date I came along. I'm pretty sure inner was out. So not base game.
  11. Haptyc Active Player

If only the dev teams were actually players (not just create a level appropriate toon to play) they might have a closer connection to the game. As is, I can't see how any of them can really understand any of the concerns of the op or any others.

Maybe some day they will be players.

One can dream...
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Same here. I've kept my sub up since I started. The majority of my spending were power respec tokens and replay badges from when released thru T5 or T6. I wouldn't dare want to know the exact amount, but it was a few thousand. Not only money, but time. I put WAY more time into the game those first few years. We had something to work towards. I still believe changing the rewards system from group to individual was still a bad move.

I've still never spent any money on TC.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have at least 4 in league that were day one players and still active.
    Aside from that I know quite a few more like Fatal and myself that are from 2012.

Just because you don't know that many, does t mean we don't exist in a fairly large number.
    In just this page you have 4.

Me, Fatal, Quantum (still miss his dancing Gorilla tag) and Black as evident by his TKJ tag
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For whatever it's worth....*raises hand*

Played a bit in beta, but my PC puked out on me so I wasn't able to play until a month after launch.
    • Like x 1
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

"Hey, devs, I have an idea that is much better than yours and it would totally work better because I play this game ever since 1967"

"Oh, okay, cool. Have you ever developed any games or worked in any game companies before?"

"Um...no"

"So why do you honestly believe that your ideas will be much more efficient?"

"Um....THIS GAME IS DYING!"
    • Like x 3
  16. Tocimus Committed Player

When did they do this?
    I must be playing on another build.
    The only part of that is true, would be the gear being a tad lower than current endgame. Though its still enough to get through elite raides.
    50pt feats are still tied in to styles/collections.
    With abyssal capsules we lost the worthwhile emblem cache feats and ended up with alternative nth metal. Granted there was a face style and 3 artifacts.
    But artifacts are the new leaching system for dcuo. If they keep feeding them out, people will pay asap to level them up. Especially the dps players.

OP, pvp has been trash since the game began. They only did it because everybody did it.
    If the game had been better thought out, we would have started heros and had options along the way to turn villian.
  17. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

I've read almost all your replies on this thread and i'm honestly starting to think either you are trolling or you are clueless.

Implying the developers know their game at all. Its much different to make a game and input numbers as opposed to hours and hours on end of real gameplay from players. One could argue if the devs truly knew more than this game wouldn't be loosing as many players as it is with the current state its in.

FWIW, coming from a game developer myself, my player base know my game better than i do and i have no problem admitting that. They are the ones who find a TON of bugs and glitches and even exploits... I can sit there working on my game for hours but then i got the loyal players who play very often... they've spent many hours in-game... and although they may not know whats involved in creating such a game, they understand numbers, and mechanics, assuming their respective numbers and mechanics are provided.

Regardless if few people played it, the game lacks variety and which results in less hours played before a player gets bored. The game is repetitive and there is not much to do anymore other than kill 300 enemies every episode.

I myself played both SM & PvP, i myself stopped spending money on the game because the game is boring TO ME, there isn't as much to do anymore. You do 1 daily and you've pretty much seen and done it all, just repeat that daily a hundred times.. the only difference is the "story" but same mission/daily requirement and grind.

Since when do they do anything that makes sense lol?

is leaving confirmed broken bugs & powers for years without a fix.. hurting the game?. . .Probably!. but they still don't fix them in a timely matter BUT they do however release another 7 TC's.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

TC gear is no longer attached to OP collections. Kryptonite aura did not have a feat for collecting it. Illuminated Eye style doesn't have a feat for collecting it. Enhanced styles are going to the Quark Vendor, so I no longer have to waste materials to craft it. Small changes.
  19. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

[IMG]

Ughhhh Didn't you swear up and down you was a day 1 player that been playing for 4 yrs and took a break from the game?
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Yep. And the guys I run with are also year one and beta players. Like Ross from friends I'm on a break. ;)

I do understand newer players not seeing, or knowing, Vet players. The crew I run with, and myself, are not the most social group.