How is the investigation ongoing? Any news? LPVE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, May 9, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

seriously: there are many problems with how the revamp influenced LPVE. first, obviously the whole weapon damage calculations were tossed overboard for all attacks hitting based on theyr individual activation times, instead of combo lenghth (wich is wrong because you clip away the animations with your powers anyways!). at least they buffed precision afterwards for the weapon buff legend characters lack. however, the combat as a whole was made longer by similar stats as you would expect from normal gameplay (wich is wrong because it takes away a lot of the fun by rushing through them with your favourite super heroes and villains, wich is why legends became just worse in every aspect to play and to farm feats with). not only that, i guess there is more than we can see, like: how were the legends critical hit chance and magnitude set? playstyle bonus lack completely and artifacts will most likely be turned off aswell... all in all i would say: legends should burn down the targets health twice as fast as they do now and get more damage in for more risk and reward, more challenge for faster gains IMHO
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They didn't intend for you to burn through it.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

after the revamp, LPVE drastically changed, i guess it is not how it was intended at all now... wasn't it supposed to be a fun and easy alternative game experience?
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is fun and easy... Or did you mean quick and easy?
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

like a short relief from the dayly grind. even mepps has stated a run through should take no longer than 5 mins... only that it never was possible to get through any map under 7 minutes and the most instances seem to take twice as long now, after the revamp... it was allways a huge grind if you realy wanted to hunt for all legend feats anyways, just that the time it takes now has doubled if you ask me...
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Haven't touched an LPvE map in a couple years and still wouldn't even with a 10 foot pole. Got all my team up feats and then pretended it no longer exists.

Simply isn't worth the hassle.
    • Like x 9
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

After the revamp when EVERYONE said LPvE was slow poo, I avoided Legends and gave up on finishing those feats. Then when a friend twisted my arm into helping him with a team up, I hardly noticed a difference in completion time. They just recently buffed weapons in Legends and made it much faster. It's fine the way it is. I'd rather wish the devs focus on getting us new Legends over appeasing the microwave players.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'll bring it up again.
    • Like x 18
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Can you also ask for another damage pass to increase Legends' damage in LPVE?

LPVE content still takes a lot longer to complete than it did a year ago.
    • Like x 5
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing about LPvE has ever really been fun...and it's less so now. And while "quick" does not equate to "fun", less tedium is a good thing. As it currently stands, one run is enough to turn most people off for days, weeks or even months.
    • Like x 11
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well than maybe they should just scrap the whole thing then if it really is THAT bad o_O
    I understand that may be your personal opinion but you can't speak for most of the player base.
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I happen to agree with him. If I wanted to do the same move over and over and over and over … and over, I'd fight a sparring target. That's what LPVE has become due to the reduced damage and/or the increased health of enemies.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Fast Burn=Fun
    Got it. Heard.
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

FTFY
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

I agree with him and everyone i know agrees with him and everyone who knows the ppl i know agree with him LOL we can go on and on i have yet to speak to someone ingame who doesnt agree with him :p
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If it was so annoying people wouldn't be asking for new maps... Or queuing up for runs at all for that matter.
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I don't understand how people can find LPVE extremely fun in its current state. It's recycled material that we've all run dozens of times, except now it takes longer than if we ran those instances on characters within relevancy. Legends shouldn't be weaker than normal characters we would make at tier.

LPVE might be fun the first couple times for people if they actually seemed like superheroes. At some point, it will always become tedious just due to the sheer number of times necessary for some of those feats.
    • Like x 5
  18. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Faster isn't always better for content, but it sure is better for getting queues to pop. And sitting in a queue is definitely not fun. I think what most people here want is incentive balancing, either faster or way higher rewards to get more people interested. I'd be down with 1hour+ times if they awarded 50+ marks.
    • Like x 1
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

People run LPVE for feats, you'll hardly find any player who finds it fun, maybe in the first runs of a map you'll enjoy it, but after running lpve 3 times most of the players are already surrending their lives. The same can be said for the events open world missions, you'll hardly find some1 who likes to do that thing everyday, most do for the rewards.
    • Like x 7
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're right.
    • Like x 1