How is the investigation ongoing? Any news? LPVE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, May 9, 2018.

1. Draconiano Committed Player

OG thread.
    Sorry, I don't want to bump the old thread but I want an answer, is this going to be addressed someday?
    BTW, I'm not sure if it's just me but I think doing LPVE takes even longer since the revamp, the legends character got reduced their damage? :confused:
    • Like x 16
  2. Vesper Dedicated Player

2 years on, we're still waiting. And the 5250 number is still correct and still ridiculously high.

If we can't get the overall Family numbers to drop, at least give dual credit on some of the toons!

For insance:

Cheetah should be Wonder AND Speed
    Donna Troy & Wonder Girl should be Wonder AND Arcane
    Huntress should be Bats AND Archer

I'm sure there are others that could easily be put into 2 Families, but these are the obvious 4 to me. Arcane, Archer, & Speed have NO female avatars! Lantern doesn't either, but at least there is a LARGE variety of avatars to choose from. Similarly, Wonder has no male avatars, but again does have a large stable to choose from.

Arcane has only 4 (Black Adam, Captain Marvel{Shazam!}, Dr. Fate, & Faust), which gets pretty dull. Worse is Archer, with only Green Arrow & Deathstroke to choose from. Worst of all is Speed, which has.....The Flash. ONE avatar choice for *750* runs.
    • Like x 17
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

The 5-10 minutes run is not true if we're speaking of Paradox Wave. Even with a good group it can take up to 30 minutes.

Paradox Wave should seriously be nerfed for Legends. The bosses should have a smaller health pool (ravager and the main boss takes forever to kill) and it would really be appreciated if the main boss was protected by some sort of dome (we being unable to start combat with it) until all the other smaller bosses are defeated, too many people just try to charge at the main boss right away and keep doing so after many wipes..
    • Like x 5
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Dox was one of the fastest LPvE instances to run with a proper group when I was still playing. As long as the group knows the boss mechanics and the group strategy of how the instance is being cleared, you can consistently do it in around 10 minutes. It's an annoying one though as an improper group will really increase the runtime of the instance. I found that with at least two other experienced players, you can still carry a lower experienced player and get runtimes of under 15 minutes. The three player proximity buffs are essential in this instance. Getting grouped with two noobs though drastically increases the time it takes to complete it, and you'll probably end up with runs of 20-30 minutes. It's a really annoying map because I'd be happy to see it as you can do it fast with a proper group but then I'd usually be stuck in there for ages when queueing solo.

Your suggestions aren't really needed. Well, at least they weren't when I was still playing. And covering up the main boss would stop groups from attempting and doing Epic Odyssey. It's rather fun to do and if you can do it consistently without wipes, you get runtimes of around 10 minutes as well.

The only problem I had with Dox is how fast speedhackers can do it and how they would exploit Dox being up in the LPvE rotation to get their feats fast. I've been in a couple of speedhacked runs of Dox myself and you can go in and out of the instance in under two minutes.
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Isn't there a feat for Epic Odyssey that requires attacking Tyrant initially to start the feat?

Never mind, I guess that feat does not exist.
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

There's no Epic Odyssey feat in LPvE, that's why I suggested covering up the main boss. Too many people just straight out attack it, and too many people ignore what's going on in the chat.
    • Like x 2
  7. Here2Help Devoted Player

There's no actual feat but you can still do it. If you can do it consistently like I said without wiping, you can average 10 minute runs. It ends up the same as doing it normally but I find it more fun.

Personally, I think it's nice having the choice on how to complete content. The game doesn't have that choice nearly enough and I don't think it's worth removing it in old content just because of few noobs here and there that can lengthen runs.
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm pretty confused by you, a retired player who isn't familiar with current in-game dynamics, telling people who are currently active in the game that their suggestions aren't needed.
    • Like x 17
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Things changed, wasn't stats revamp July 2017? It effected legends some how, so now it easily takes 20-40 minutes depending the map and legends do less damage, in my opinion dox is one of the worst maps for lpve atm, and suggestions are always something devs like having
    • Like x 11
  10. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Exactly the stats revamp made the legends characters much weaker. Runs take longer because you do less damage. They aren't really much harder, just some fights drag on because of the low damage output from many characters.
    • Like x 12
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You keep mentioning when you last played...the revamp has changed a lot and has even affected LPvE (and not in a good way).

I don't doubt the times you mention with a good group...unfortunately that's a unicorn for me since the best time i've ever been involved in with a seemingly good group was 21 minutes. Almost all the runs i've had averaged around the 40 minute mark. I still haven't closed that map on the feat list because of how much I hate that sleep inducing map. It definitely doesn't help that to get certain character feats means you will unfortunately sacrifice some of that time of completion (especially with characters you don't like...Flash was SUCH a pain). I think it could use a little adjustment on the health scale(not difficulty which is fine).
    • Like x 7
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Guess he's not here2help anymore...;)
    • Like x 10
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Ba dun tisss :p
    • Like x 6
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Were you doing Legends PvE Paradox after the revamp?

I only ask because I'm pretty sure Mepps is prior to the revamp and those times were more "spot on" back than. Since the revamp the legends toons also got "nerfed" and therefore do less damage and they didn't lower the instances to reflect that.
    • Like x 7
  15. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

According to his signature, he stopped playing 17/06/2017, which is a month before revamp
    • Like x 5
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They did some damage passes on weapon attacks since Legends used to work the same as our character pre-revamp where power uses would increase our weapon damage while keeping the hit counter up. They still need to do an overall damage pass on Legends because they still feel weak. I would enjoy Legends a lot more if they actually felt like they were iconic characters. Right now, switching from our characters to Legends characters is like going from being superhuman with our own characters to fighting as mere mortals with some exobyte enhancements. It should be the other way around.
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Well to be fair I wasn't really reading Here's signature (but than again that should have been obvious since I parroted the same response others already gave).

That being said the fact that Here stopped playing is sad because he was a great player who tried to help out the community but again it also makes sense why someone like that would leave.

The majority remaining are trying to hold on to what they have and are hoping for the best (although some who remain try to help others while doing so). And no folks this wasn't meant as a doom and gloom comment because that's not what I'm really trying to say :p
    • Like x 2
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Right, no, I was just pointing out he likely was talking before revamp for lpve ;)
    But as always, it's sad to see old players gone, sometimes understandable of course :oops:
    • Like x 1
  19. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

He actually was very helpful. Opinionated on here sure but very pleasant from my experiences with him in game.

I can't remember if he quit before or after revamp (was definitely around during AF3).

I think he quit because I had to say no when he asked me to join his League once. The rejection was just too much :)
    • Like x 5
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

I ran LPvE dox with Here2Help in under 10 minutes a number of times but it was definitely pre-revamp.

I haven’t been in LPvE for a year or so for two reasons:

1 - I’m over 100 runs away from my next ten point feat and it’s just too much
    2 - Stats Revamp
    • Like x 5