Quantum *sigh*

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dene, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Oldman Odin New Player

Thanks for you input Maz

Looking at my Time Bomb numbers, it’s only doing max 10,300 damage. Probably due to low SP. Heat Vision is hitting anywhere from 15K - 22k.
    I’m using DWave since it has double damage with Anomaly. And Tachyon Blast is also destabilize power. Anomaly is my fuel for Temporal Vortex that’s hitting for 44k-55k. I will load your build in one of my armories and do some content testing. I’m also US Hero side, mostly a daytime player though. I have a mic because my in game typeing is to slow for conversations.
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

PM sent
    • Like x 1
  3. Oldman Odin New Player

4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

agree t bomb only makes sense sometimes i have it on one armory for that reason q seems to have a equal dual pi fast set up attacks activate the pi 100 pi finshers end it...id use both pi...why not...
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

So keep in mind TBomb is a multiplier based on the damage you dealt durings its delay. It IS capped by your might, but that's really all.

Anomaly vs TShift they both do the same thing by adding Destabilizing PI. Anom is SC generator, but also stuns equaling in less damage (about 2/3) per hit. BUT if you have longer runs the SC damage does even out vs the basic damage.

Also having a PI active (like you mentioned with DWave) only equals 10% morr damage. You may have seen a crit, but post revamp thats all you get is 10%
    • Like x 2
  6. AlanR80 Active Player

The problem I have with Quantum is its very power hungry :/ . I set of TB, then use anomaly, distortion, warp, tachyon blast x2. But in TB's defence, if the actual TB detonation doesn't do any damage, the next attack if it's preformed quickly afterwards will do the damage, including if its a weapon tap :)
  7. Oldman Odin New Player

What is everyone’s testing routine?

I started out on the sparing target and then went on to running content to see how the load out flowed in combat. I have Titans “speed/moving” load out, I have 2 time bombs load outs that Maz recommend and my build. I’m done testing on the sparring targets. Now testing in content. My question is are you looking for big test numbers? Top score on leader board? Or ease of completing the mission?
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

League hall then duo 4 man alert then raids vs people I know.
    I don't trust pugs...never have never will. I know true monsters in game for dps, people know matter what I do I can't beat them. Wether they are Muni Rage Gadets etc... I know that against them if I stay somewhat close, I'm doing better than 95% of the dcuo community

I look for flow, no delay and maximizing my #'s all while staying so what power effective.
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ha!
    Run a big boy HL or Rage rotation and you'll find the worst Q dps rotation you run uses 1/2 the power they do. Ran TTBE last night with a dropouts controller (who was fairly good) dps #1 whined about power the whole time and dies a lot (try hard sb chaser) I was OK (drank wider when needed) and whooped #1 dps badly.

Its not always about numbers...so.times you have to actually think and adapt.
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, big boy HL loadout. Try power clipping atomic, while also trying to bunny hop around the room to not die.

This right here is exactly why I don't do elite. Why limit my play style for a 50 point feat or a few CR? Nope. As soon as the introduce mechanics for melee dps, I'll be there.
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have both. Atomic at it's fastest is about 1/4 the speed of HL.

It is singularly the biggest single target in game, and nothing is close.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Not speed, power.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

That's what I mean the fastest you can clip Atomic is WAY slower than HL. The slower the clip, the lower the power consumption. Its not even in the same league let alone the same ballpark.

Atomic can be pretty power hungry, but vs HL or rage its pretty tame
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i would settle for near top of leaderboard with NO DEATHS...ease of use is also 1 or 2 on my list...youll notice with my LO you rarely have to use soder youll have power stay the right distance you shouldnt be a healer burden either...youll have health enough to live..i never use dummies...a good rule of thumb...the power you use is good if you can solo duos 1 T below you...and solo or nearly solo 4 man content 2 T below you ...for example by the time you help Sinestro and G Lantern on Qward solo...you should be able to finish the tunnel of lust duo alone...and by the time you can stop someone like Jared solo...you should be able to survive the multi boss attack during the A Asylum 4 man...when you fight Scarecrow P ivy...etc ...all at once...
    • Like x 1
  15. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

replace anamoly with time shift and youd get a little better numbers but is it worth it probably not. TB should hit harder or quicker or be something that never misses the target when it lands
  16. Redd Blur Active Player

Is there a loadout/rotation for a weapon expert precision spec'd?
  17. dcuobank Level 30

he finally made the video it was a old leaguemate that told me his rotation and it had nothing that was in this thread
  18. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah they parse almost identically with a slight nudge to Chills. However he is using the drone so that needs to be taken into effect too
    The weakness in his is the timing and slightly more power hungry but still very effective. He doea mention Inspiral waves, in which vs Graviton bomb he is effectively wrong.

Good rotation, it will parse almost identical to mine. I will him the + vs mine on a couple things...
    He is using the PI first (I like the timing the opposite but thats preference) And he doea cover Oblivion vs Temp Vortex which most don't know.

Exactly what Id expect of Chill...solid build and loadout
    • Like x 1
  19. dcuobank Level 30

I don't have the sp or might cause im still gearing that chill does but in those video clips thats a rage gadgets and full prec ice with 370+ skill points and he topped them all as qunatum in elite I haven't seen anyone post any clips of raids with qunatum damage besides just talking about it
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

Again not bashing him he's right on point. Keep in mind like he said Q has an advantage above those 3 in elite simply because their maximum damage is done at pure melee and Elite tends to nullify that advantage. I will start incorporating the PI first..although it flows a bit winky (I'm so used to mine it is giving 10 % buff to the first hit of lift.

My only objections were
    1) he's testing with a pet, so of course nunbers were slightly higher but I use one in combat too.
    2) GBomb vs Inspiral waves. Hes not right in saying its better, when in fact due to cool down and timing they are pretty equal. Id even say Insp has a hair advantage but very small. In a short fight (sub 6 second its much better)

I'm pulling 21k parse at 233 and 22.5k might (took whole last week off)
    I did like his Oblivion explanation and will probably implement that for longer fights. Again not talking bad about the rotation as his IS solid.

I just laugh when I see people say Q sucks and I beat them like he shows. Its also very balanced ..
    A Destabalized PI rotation will only be about 1-1.5k below a Graviton (if done right) and from what I just tested briefly his and mine are within a couoke hundred DPS from each other.
    • Like x 1