Quantum *sigh*

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dene, Mar 20, 2018.

1. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

loadout?
  2. Darth Loyal Player

I would like to make an amendment to this. Under the advice of a friend, I tried working TB back into my LOs and so far it seems like my damage has increased and been put in line with top tier powers when I was slightly behind beforehand. I am playing with it on live to see if it plays as well as it does on sparring targets but if all things remain the same I may have been mistaken with my earlier statement.

Its possible that my previous TB LO was sub-par in general and that it wasn't TB's fault at all. Once I feel confortable with the results I will update this thread. Currently I'm getting up to 14k/s (17k/s under 35%) on ST and up to 24k/s on 3T at 25.8k Might.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

I will try it out. For me up till now my best numbers came when I got away from using the Graviton PI.

I currently use TBomb - Tshift - DWave - WBarrage - TBlast x2 rinse and repeat.
    I will switch Tshift for Anomaly in longer instances to build more SC (currently use TVortex)
    Or switch out SC with Q Tunnel when no heal is present or in Elite.

I'm gonna jump on this afternoon and test both out.
  4. JohnTMan Level 30

It was said when the revamp was announced that "all your combos will work" , "we want to give players more options" but most importantly "all your combos will still work you just won't have the wm and am bonuses (power/dmg)". Whatever that new guy they brought in (alstair--whatever--LIED!!!) I remember what you said !!! . He knew quantum was too broken to fix. If quantum wasn't my main that i worked on for so many years i wouldn't care but they broke quantum and don't give a dam bout it. No problem 4 me I drop in for a couple missions on my ice toon which has less sp but has incredible power return and dmg but time is better spent enjoying all games instead of one. I guess my rage toon is cool so may b my healz but my main is quantum. When you put in alot of years into a game you love (I played only dcuo for 6 years), especially a specific toon--then the devs lie to us about "player choice", "all your combos will still work minus the wm and am bonuses" it's pretty sad that they let devoted paying customers down like that. At least this game is still great for a couple runs a day. Just wish it could b more :(
    • Like x 1
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

you are missing nothing...went back to a q guy from a gadget guy...when my gadget guy does DPS things die...they flee and Fing die...my q guy desperately shifts from spot to spot and nothing goes away...and if you shift wrong you just add to the numbers hunting you...then you start to flee...and die overwhelmed anyway...im thinking adding iconics might help...but yes q doesnt seem to do enough damage...and the delayed hit bomb nonsense...by the time the bomb goes off everyone else has already turned everything to ash...your damage doesnt count if its last and hits nothing but the nothing left everytime
    • Like x 1
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

btw...trying this LO today...im at a loss myself...i mix stable and grav and let the bomb go off...fast attacks...warp gives both move and shield so i use that too...ill give my LO on here soon...but i doubt its even worth discussing...what nonsense ive been doing with q
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Its actually pretty good. Gadgets and Muni will get you but this will keep you right in line & you can fight at any range.

My best overall numbers come from:
    TBomb -Gwell -Lift -Awave- INSP x2
    TBomb -Lift - Awave - INSP x3.

Its a bit power by hungry but its parsing about 2k higher for me. My main issue is that its not as consistent and SC gen is slower. But it does hit harder
    • Like x 1
  8. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Whose mans is this ?
    • Like x 1
  9. dcuobank Level 30

that's not bad but there is a better rotation that parses higher than what you provided and it doesn't involve inspiration waves at all.
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

do tell?? and it is??
  11. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

is quantum a good boss killer power?
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

Ok..what are you running?
    I added INSP waves due to timing. See a lot running Singularity but the timing is off
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

How'd the testing go?
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

actually stay tuned another 10 or so...ive been doing some deep thought on this...gave up just trying to recreate the same LO i use for diff power...took q at its own value...ill type it up today ive been working lately sorry for delay
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

ok so i looked at q as its own thing rather than worrying about all the things it didnt have,,,primarily i think in terms of DPS-Damage Per Second...nothing else matters the more attacks the more p. i. you can throw at your target nothing else matters...its not supercharge per second or pretty aura per second...its Damage Per Second I have two armories my DPS for moving is
    Singularity
    Time Shift
    Lift
    Inspiral Waves
    Tachyon Blast
    Energy Expulsion
    my belt is filled with easily spammed consumables like shields and graviton attacks that help my p.i.
    Q has 2 advantages...its basic attacks hit hard for what they are...you get more for your bang and buck from Lift for example...then you do from a gadget mine...it has spammabble p.i. finishers...fast attacks setting up p.i. that get finished just as amazingly fast...E Expulsion...not quite as useful as photon beam...but there it is
    my stand/Boss DPS is
    Time Bubble
    Time Bomb
    Gravity Well
    Inspiral Wave
    Temporal Vortex
    Energy Expulsion
    my belt is filled with my back up robots and orbital strike and such the time i have to wait to switch armories is seconds at best so I can fight up to boss give myself a shield slam the whole area with big attacks and go right back to my 123 attacks never losing p.i. or a second to not attacking...Damage Per Second...again...Damage Per Second..not Damage Per Brony Pretty Auras...anyways...
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i wrote my response ty
  17. Oldman Odin New Player

Hello Quantum warriors,

I’m am not expert but I was also testing your builds that you both posted lately. I couldn’t get get any loadouts with Time bomb to hit hard enough. My might is probably too low compared to you guys. My best builds both had anomaly in them. My best and most consistent was
    Anomaly- Distortion Wave- Heat Vision- Tachyon Blast- Q Tunnel- Vortex Tunneling (SC). I like the super charger build up from anomaly and Vortex Tunneling hits great.

That’s my build. Please give feed back whether good or bad. Thanks
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

anom is nice it helps build SC if its the power choice Im thinking of...honestly Ive just come back from leveling 1 of my gadget alts so I dont think i know enough to give you good advice or make fun of your LO...in another thread I also mentioned you might get a damage boost with Iconics...and I see the vision attack...not sure were right but I see same thinking between us..D wave is a bit pricey for me though fast attacks spamming pi and then spamming pi finshers Im thinking...but that could just be my idiocy talking...not sure yet...
    • Like x 1
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

also in most instances I agree...Time Bomb takes too long for to little I keep it for boss fights only...then I go back to armory with non T Bomb LO
    • Like x 1
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

I have still not found a rotation using PFTT that in fact out performs TimeBomb rotations. I've done rotations in with both PI's w/ and without TBomb and w/in a 10 second parse nothing has kept up. There are a few "broken" weapon attacks that you can do to keep up, but that's about it.

I highlight 10 seconds, but in fact is less time. Provided you can get 1 TBomb off on trash mobs you will always do better than not using it. And that's the tricky part, where knowing your power and what you are fighting means more than having the UBER rotations.
    Many times when you come up to a group of trash adds, you can start with a Tbomb rotation, but if you are pretty sure you're not going to land a second rotation simply skip TBomb and use the part of your rotation.

Example entering trash mob fight (at level content) Tbomb > Grav well (for PI) > Lift > Awave > Insp Waves X2...
    IF adds are MORE than 1/2 health Then TBomb > (skip Grav Well since PI still up) > Lift > Awave > Insp Waves X3
    IF adds are LESS than 1/2 health Go right to Lift > Awave > Insp Waves X3

You can do this with either PI using TSHIFT or Anamoly (Destabilized PI) rotations , Grav Well or Singularity (Graviton PI) rotations.
    In response to your question if this is a good build?? Doesn't seem great, but not bad I'd go DWave over HV personally. Anomaly is great for building SC, but in shorter fights or instances you will get more bang for your buck with TShift. Since Anomaly has a CC effect associated with it, they have reduced it's damage and hits for about 2/3rd the damage of TShift.

I'm US Hero side- feel free to hit me up in game and I'd be glad to chat with both of you anytime I'm on
    • Like x 2