Quantum *sigh*

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dene, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Dene Devoted Player

Anyone finding that nearly all Quantum PFTT loadouts seem to do the same dmg with little difference.. and that dmg is average.. not awful but not great either?

Or am i doing something wrong ?

People say Grav PI is best , yet I seem to do do slightly better with Destabilizing.. and yet some ignore PI.. seems a mess :/
    • Like x 3
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

I can share your experience with mine. Never played quantum, but saw some.
    It's in a sweet spot. Not weak, but not too strong. And I saw some quantum DDs destroying gadget in content (equal stats and similar skills).
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am not a good dps because i play the game in abnormal ways. yet i supose that it is allways a good idea to make best use of the timebomb. as soon as you see that it will most probably not hit or at least not with maximum potential, then it is better to use something else intead.
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I main Quantum and have made many forums in regards to this topic. People do not believe me when i say it needs a buff in certain areas.
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

Lift, against a target that doesn't die fast, with a group around it, produces very high damage.

Time Bomb, when it hits, likewise gives a strong return for your power buck.

Oblivion is a very strong supercharge.

I think those are quantum's strongest moves right now.

Plus you can teleport. Which is freaking cool.
    • Like x 2
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

As soon as you said "Time Bomb" I stopped reading. Not to be mean but no. TB is capped by your total might and it does not crit ever. It is useless In a pve loadout.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

While I agree w/ you on TBOMB cap, I still haven't found a single rotation where it didn't produce the best #'s vs a non TB loadout
    • Like x 3
  8. L T Devoted Player

It's capped by your might, that's true, but it's pretty easy to hit the cap, and the damage is about 25% higher than the total damage of gravity well. Gravity well is stretched over 12 seconds (ish) and time bomb is 6.

That's why I characterize Time Bomb as strong.

Does the lack of crits on the second hit of TB negate that? Dunno.
    • Like x 2
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

Time bomb is essential in all quantum loadouts.
    • Like x 2
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

When I was testing hybrid rotations a couple weeks ago, quantum actually came out the highest other then fire.

I assume it wouldn't be much different with PFtT, just swap the weapon buff out with something like warp barrage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Completely agree about Time Bomb. It might work in a good static group, but it's too situational and I've removed it. Been doing a lot better because of it.

I also put Einstein's Ray in my loadout and feel it's highly underrated. When I get done with lab tonight, I'll post my load out.
  12. SparkmanX Committed Player

In all the discussions about quantum I can observe the same pattern, everyone is very conservative and shy when writing about the subject.

Do not cover the sun with your finger, quantum is not among the best powers for dps. That is the harsh reality.

My suggestion, let's get rid of nonsense and everyone contribute their loadou8, explain why it is the best and start the debate as it should be.

My Loadou6
    Time bomb
    Gravity well (power interaction)
    Lift
    Inspiral waves (spam)
    Quantum tunel (shield)
    Oblivion (super charge)

Ok, that its my loadou9. Now, what do you think?
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

I think TB is the variable which determines if quantum does good dmg or not if TB hits which always does if the player knows how and when to implement weapon taps quantum can do decent damage but i think we can agree on that quantum is not a top tier dps power...

my quantum alt is controller mainly so my 2nd role dps gear isnt nowhere near top gear and my might stats are really low like 4k lower than what my main char has.

I am using 2 loadouts one for single and one for multi target:

ST: Oblivion(SC), Anomaly, Gravity Well, Time Bomb, Lift, Einstein's Ray
    MT: Oblivion(SC), Anomaly, Gravity Well, Time Bomb, Distortion wave, Gravity Bomb

Not saying those are the best loadouts but based on my dps : power ratio and might stats i am pleased about the results.
    • Like x 2
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Mine was very similar to this.. but instead of TB I was using the finisher - will try/test it with TB instead
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

Going to try TB - but the issues I have are like you, but also the cap just makes it feel like a delayed non crit burst
  16. L T Devoted Player

It is, in fact, a delayed non-crit burst. A strong one.

If they removed the cap, it would be a super charge stronger than Berserk, which was melee only and still wound up getting nerfed by a lot.

You obviously have to be smart when using Time Bomb. It's painful in fights like Johnny quick where it can frequently miss. OTOH... Johnny runs out of aoe dots like gravity well also.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dene Devoted Player

Decided to go back to my original power - mental.. will see how i go
  18. Oldman Odin New Player

I decided to try this and working really good. The charge up for supercharge is painfully slow but I like it so far.
  19. Darth Loyal Player

Unfortunately, TB is not a great power to use post revamp, particularly when you are not clipping it. A capped TB does not hit hard by any means, particularly when it takes 6 seconds to hit. Anyone running a TB loadout will have mediocre damage and there's no way around that until they increase the cap or take it off outright.

Personally, my damage increased significantly when I stopped using a TB LO and I'm not looking back until they change it. My current LOs are a lot more competitive with top powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

PM sent